NBA.com Power Rankings - Raps #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    When GS has its ideal starting lineup uninjured. They have the best win pct in the league.

I've read that stat multiple times and don't feel up to proving it, so you'll have to take my word for it, or not.
    Whether that's true or not (I'm a scientist, I have a deep fear of stats without sources), it goes right along with my gut feeling.
    When healthy, they are the best team in the West.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
      Whether that's true or not (I'm a scientist, I have a deep fear of stats without sources), it goes right along with my gut feeling.
      When healthy, they are the best team in the West.
      http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...espnapi_public

That's because the Warriors are legitimate title contenders -- if healthy. No, they don't seem like card-carrying members of the NBA elite because of that 20-13 record, which is only good for seventh in the loaded Western Conference.

But that 20-13 record is misleading because of the health issue. With Andre Iguodala, Andrew Bogut and Stephen Curry suiting up, the Warriors are absolute juggernauts. Check out the Warriors' record this season with that trio in uniform:

15-3.

In other words, a better win percentage than any team in the NBA. In their "healthy" games, the Warriors have posted an average scoring margin of plus-11 every 100 possessions, which would also top the league. In all other games, the Warriors are 5-10. That's why you hear the "if healthy" disclaimer repeated ad nauseum.
      OK lol, I found it. Hopefully you guys have insider.

This was from Jan 2nd. They've had a lot of wins since then but also a loss to BLN...
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

and now we've dropped down to 12th.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          8th might be our peak. It'll be tough to leapfrog Clippers and Blazers.
          Toot! (That's me tooting my own horn).

Comment

Anyone else notice that Vasquez was the +/- Stud (Best in the League) last week at +56. Impressive. For a backup point guard that is a VERY telling stat.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/27/p....html?rss=true

Comment

# 11

Toronto (25-22)
              Pace: 94.9 (22), OffRtg: 103.9 (15), DefRtg: 100.6 (6), NetRtg: +3.2 (10)
              Patrick Patterson made the big play, but Kyle Lowry absolutely willed the Raptors to Monday's big win in Brooklyn. He's been the best point guard in the East, but somehow, he's not an All-Star. He's hit at least three 3-pointers in 12 of his last 14 games. Inside, the Raps are getting more consistent production from Jonas Valanciunas, who has averaged 16.4 points and 10.4 points in his last five.
              This week: @ UTA, @ SAC, @ LAC
              http://www.nba.com/2014/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt6f

Comment

Hanging strong at #12 -

Pace: 94.6 (22), OffRtg: 104.6 (10), DefRtg: 100.9 (7), NetRtg: +3.7 (8)
                The Raptors have scored 108.3 points per 100 possessions over the last month (111.8 with Kyle Lowry on the floor) and are now the only Eastern Conference team that ranks in the top 10 in both offensive and defensive efficiency. That's the basic criteria for a title contender, but Toronto is 1-5 against the Pacers and Heat and still has some work to do just to earn home-court advantage in the first round.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  so is sucking for three decades instead of two
                  Live for the present. Don't worry about the future. Every team is bound to go back to mediocrity again, unless you have Pops and the Spurs scouting team.

Enjoy the moment.

Comment

7th in OFF EFF, and 10th in DEF EFF. Not bad.

Comment

Raptors are the only team in the East with a top 10 ORTG and DRTG. IMPRESSIVE.

Time to give credit where credit is due. Dwane Casey has done a TERRIFIC job with this team specially on defense. This Raptors team can really lock you down. I think they're top 4 on team defense. Only teams ahead of them are the Pacers, Bulls and Grizzlies.

I remember the days when the Raptors had a reputation of being a "soft" team. That's gone now.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Basically what these rankings are saying is that as a team we are doing well, but are lacking that superstar to take us to the level of Miami and Indiana and be able to beat them.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Hanging strong at #12 -
                          Who could imagine at the beginning of the year that a legitimate knock against us would be our record against the pacers and heat? Not that I thought we would beat them. It's more that I thought we would have so many more problems than that.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Basically what these rankings are saying is that as a team we are doing well, but are lacking that superstar to take us to the level of Miami and Indiana and be able to beat them.
                            Well, I dont know about that.
                            That's one interpretation.

The other could be that we're super young and have 10 mill tied up in Hayes/Landry.

I'm just saying...
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                              7th in OFF EFF, and 10th in DEF EFF. Not bad.
                              You got those backwards, 7th in Def, 10th in Off.

Its spectacular, and just shows that we are a well balanced team. I truly believe that as this team grows, we can become serious defensive stalwarts. If we are 10th in Off, without a polished offensive system (ours is very basic), it means we can hang our hat on our defence despite fluctuations in scoring nights and still win.

Focus on D, and let the O do its thing.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                Raptors are the only team in the East with a top 10 ORTG and DRTG. IMPRESSIVE.

Time to give credit where credit is due. Dwane Casey has done a TERRIFIC job with this team specially on defense. This Raptors team can really lock you down. I think they're top 4 on team defense. Only teams ahead of them are the Pacers, Bulls and Grizzlies.

I remember the days when the Raptors had a reputation of being a "soft" team. That's gone now.
                                We're not a top 4 defence. The Heat arent trying right now but when it's time to win a game they lock down on D and make a 2 point lead into a 15 point lead before the other team even knows what happened. Check out the Heat Bulls game from yesterday. It all started with lock down D.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X