Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sukhoi 30 fighter jet stunt

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sukhoi 30 fighter jet stunt

    Quite amazing (similar to the Elon Musk rocket maneuver)....but I am confused about the military/fighting application of the maneuver shown. Possibly it doesn't need a runway...but this isn't shown from a stationary start so am not sure.


    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  2. Like Joey liked this post
  3. #2
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Quite amazing (similar to the Elon Musk rocket maneuver)....but I am confused about the military/fighting application of the maneuver shown. Possibly it doesn't need a runway...but this isn't shown from a stationary start so am not sure.


    Military Application? Stun your enemies with your sweet moves? Haha Man, when he takes off at the end there, now THAT was cool.

  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Military Application? Stun your enemies with your sweet moves? Haha Man, when he takes off at the end there, now THAT was cool.

    er...sorry...got carried away!

    Yes, that bye bye at the end was amazing....like a ufo would (hover and off we go) except at *1000 at least.

    Wonder if the Americans have tangled with this beast. I think the Russians used them in Syria recently. And the Indians have a version of it.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  5. Like Joey liked this post
  6. #4
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    er...sorry...got carried away!

    Yes, that bye bye at the end was amazing....like a ufo would (hover and off we go) except at *1000 at least.

    Wonder if the Americans have tangled with this beast. I think the Russians used them in Syria recently. And the Indians have a version of it.
    Haha Well I was more just joking, the thing can probably take off from a stand still in under 100 feet, which has massive military application when dealing with Aircraft Carriers and the like. Super cool.

    I think the US sanctioned Sukhoi actually not too long ago for supplying Iran when they were being sanctioned.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •