Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Raps vs Bulls

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default #DieTankNation

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Dude calm the fuck down, go be depressed about WINS somewhere else.

I wanted to tank to but honestly this is just ridiculous
    Amen. Posts like this made me stop coming to this forum. People masquerading as fans and then actually getting UPSET when the raptors win? If I was at ACC and the guy next to me was disappointed that the raptors won, I would not consider him a fan. Just cause you come to these forums doesn't make you a fan, if you can't find it in you to support your team.

Great win for the Raps. Sitting with a 8-6 record on the road, one of only 3 teams with a winning record on the road in the east (other two are Indiana, and Miami). 4th in the east despite having the 5th most difficult schedule in the league thus far (adjusted for road games, back to backs, and days off).

What a team, go raps go.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default #DieTankNation

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Dude calm the fuck down, go be depressed about WINS somewhere else.

I wanted to tank to but honestly this is just ridiculous
    Amen. Posts like Matt's made me stop coming to this forum. People masquerading as fans and then actually getting UPSET when the raptors win? If I was at ACC and the guy next to me was disappointed that the raptors won, I would not consider him a fan. Just cause you come to these forums doesn't make you a fan, if you can't find it in you to support your team.

Great win for the Raps. Sitting with a 8-6 record on the road, one of only 3 teams with a winning record on the road in the east (other two are Indiana, and Miami). 4th in the east despite having the 5th most difficult schedule in the league thus far (adjusted for road games, back to backs, and days off).

What a team, go raps go.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think Salmons looks like Wesley Snipes??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This game reminds me of Washington earlier in year.

Raps barely win in game where nene and gortat couldn't brow in ocean missing some easy gimmes.

Same deal tonight with boozer and noah
    Games like this bring me back to 2010 when Raps were 5th seed going in to AS break only to:

end up at 12th seed outside the playoffs
    lose best player for nothing
    lose future franchise player who they wanted but was picked 2 spots earlier and selected Ed Davis instead
    began a horrible 5 year stretch that is just being escaped... to slam in to a near overhead ceiling

Happy Same Old Raptor Year everyone!
    I just can't effing fathom how one gets here, and how it feels. I hope it gets better. Really, I do.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Matthew, maybe with Masai, the history doesn't repeat itself?
    Maybe.

But those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

There are a lot of parallels here between 2006-2008 and a little to 2010. Just saying.

I'd suggest a lot of people put me on ignore. I've done it with those I am sick of, do the same.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    You can look good next to anybody while wearing a nice suit and tie.
    Unless you're Craig Sager

Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jan 1st, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Meh. If the Raps have turned any kind of corner, it shouldn't matter who they're playing, including who's healthy or not, for any given game.
    Thought that this sentiment should be bumped to the end of the thread, rather than staying in the #6 post position, considering how the game turned out. Very Nostradamus-like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    ...The Bulls are what an real playoff team looks like. They've had a horrible start to the season, but partially that was the shock of losing Rose and partially it was a terrible stretch of injuries. But now, other than Rose, they're healthy again.

And lest folks think I'm being unfair to the Raps, I think they played a decent half of ball, really. They got hit by some lousy calls, but Jonas is playing with real passion, Lowry's been moving the offense reasonably well, DeMar is actually playing solid D, et cetera. But they're just not as good as the Bulls are, on the whole. And that's a problem.
    Thought I would move this to the end of the thread as well. Amazing how much the Raps can change over the course of a game. I guess the Raps must be a playoff team as well.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted a tank but this kind of team is too fun to watch. They better not disappoint if this is the route they're taking. All hail lord Masai, as he brings us to relevancy, whichever way he chooses

Post Thanks / Like

The $64,000 question: What is the right thing?
    We'll know it when we see it!

Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people get offended or upset when others offer different viewpoints?

I'm enjoying the wins as much as any fan, but at the end of the year when we lose in the 1st or 2nd round and wind up with the 16th-22nd pick, I'm gonna think back on what could have been had we lost a few extra games.

This draft isn't the only way to help our team going forward, obviously, but a top 10 pick would be one hell of an asset for a while to come.

Now, the only thing I am looking forward to in the offseason is to hopefully find a PG, Sullinger, Hardaway JR, in the mid-late 1st round.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I wanted a tank but this kind of team is too fun to watch. They better not disappoint if this is the route they're taking. All hail lord Masai, as he brings us to relevancy, whichever way he chooses
    People are also so caught up in this draft, and getting things on track as simply and quickly as possible. Sometimes things aren't so simple. It'd be great to luck out and get Wiggins or one of the other top prizes, but it is not this franchise's only hope.

I feel like I have to consistently restate that the Raps projected to be a mediocre team this year back in the summer, and one with slim playoff hopes....In other words a likely mid-high 30s win team that misses playoffs and the top of the draft. We were always in a bad position to tank, because doing so would mean making bad trades for more losses. Put another way, we'd have had to trade Gay and get pieces back that helped us play an even worse brand of basketball than we were with him around. Picture that for a second.

Even though I see the merits to tanking, I'm happy that we're playing pretty good team basketball, because a season of how we were playing before (or even worse) would've been a wasted season of development for Jonas and Ross, and bad for the value of pretty much every player on our team.

Shit, even from a tanking perspective, they may be in a better position to do it next year as a fair amount of guys could be gone in the summer. Lowry, Patterson, Vasquez and Salmons, 4 of our current top 9 including both our capable PGs, could all be gone. And who knows, a couple of guys being raved about may decide to stay another year and spread some draft strength over to next year as well. *Masai has been doing things quite smartly, and I don't think he's so stupid as to stay invested in an average playoff team if that's what we are this year, since he himself has stated the goal is championships. Now is not the time for "tankers" to panic. If there are no significant changes in the summer....ok, then you can panic.

Things are cloudy. There are no easy fixes, especially as the team was built going into the summer. Masai is doing a good job so far, so hopefully he finds a way to add the piece(s) we need to move the team's ceiling up even if we miss out on a top 5 pick this year.

*Not to mention Masai operates quietly, with both his major moves being very unexpected to us fans. NY was pretty much never discussed as a Bargs landing spot. And Sacto may have been suggested for a trade involving Gay, but it was never a prime suspect. I think fans are also used to BC's brand of PR where he always gives away what direction he's trying to go in and what kind of move(s) he's trying to make, even if he's vague about it.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jan 1st, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

13. Like Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jangles wrote: View Post
    Why do people get offended or upset when others offer different viewpoints?

I'm enjoying the wins as much as any fan, but at the end of the year when we lose in the 1st or 2nd round and wind up with the 16th-22nd pick, I'm gonna think back on what could have been had we lost a few extra games.

This draft isn't the only way to help our team going forward, obviously, but a top 10 pick would be one hell of an asset for a while to come.

Now, the only thing I am looking forward to in the offseason is to hopefully find a PG, Sullinger, Hardaway JR, in the mid-late 1st round.
    I guess it's kinda like when you hit a nail 2-3 times and it is buried in the wood, you can stop hitting it. The truth is, all of the arguments, pro or anti tank have already been made. It's like opinions are the hammer, and the media of this forum is the wood. Continued hammering only damages the surface of both.

Personally I have no problem with anybody's opinions, even expressed repeatedly. In the first two or three sentences of any post you can see where it is going, and skip it. Or determine that there is new information and read further. I don't totally understand why some posters are so set on getting others to see things their way. Both pro and anti. Having opinions about the best route won't change the outcome. So investing too heavily in one position or the other is just setting yourself up for a 50% chance of feeling miserable.

I am happy to leave the tough decisions to the heavy hitters in the Raps front office, and enjoy the games as much as possible; and if I can't enjoy the games, then enjoy the development of the various players; and if I can't enjoy the development of the individual players, then find another team to cheer for until this one comes around (just kidding - bleeds black and gold, or whatever).

I do like it whenever someone with a strong opinion finds a new and original point to bring up to support their argument. Facts is fun.

15. Like wallz liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget I said anything.

Thread Information