Clear All

• Tor-Bos-Orl

Raps send Ross, PPat, Daye
    Raps receive Jeff Green

Celtics send Jeff Green
    Celtics receive Harkless, PPat, Daye

Magic send Harkless
    Magic recieve Ross

Celtics do it because they are not trying to make the playoffs this season. They exchange talent now for more down the road.
    Magic do it because rumour is they want Ross and are willing to part with Harkless because Tobias Harris has the 3 spot locked for years to come.
    We do it because we need a better starting SF, and Green is that guy.
    Val/Hayes
    Amir/PsychoT/Novak
    Green/Salmons
    DeRozan/Fields/Stone
    Lowry/Vazquez/Buycks

After today's game I don't want to get rid of T Ross without at least a 1st rounder from the Magic.

Also, I've been hearing that Boston is pretty high on Green and I don't know if that trade necessarily gives them more talent "down the road" (mayyyyyybe Harkless)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Jeff Green is a nice player, but he costs 9 mil a year. The Raptors have to keep longer future in mind. Those extra millions could land their own Jeff Green (Stephenson? Parsons?) this summer or next while keeping Ross.

Comment

First of all, Chandler and Stephenson won't leave their teams, and secondly we won't have $ to sign a starting SF anyway

Comment

Did you look at the numbers or? There's about 19 mil in cap space, depending on where the Raptors draft. I don't know whom they target, but there's a lot they could do with that.

Stephenson btw is likely too expensive for Indiana, unless they go into tax. Parsons will be an unrestricted free agent in 2015. Both seem fairly viable targets.

Comment

I did look at the numbers. What your forgetting is that once they re sign Lowry and Amir, they'd be lucky to have 3 mil left

Comment

Amir is under contract for another year.

Comment

It is a team option worth 7 mil. If they accept, they have 12 mil left, most of which will go towards resigning Lowry

Comment

There's about 19 mil in cap space, depending on where the Raptors draft. That number includes Amir. The Raptors have 41.3 mil for next year, including Amir. The new cap line is projected at ~62 mil by the NBA. So that's 20+ mil. Then there's the Raptors rookie and minimum salary cap holds that cut into that number a bit.

Not sure what website for salary you are using, but it's wrong.

PS: Amir's final year is not a team option, he's simply got 1 more year on his contract. It's not an option. The Raptors could cut him and save 2 mil but that would be a nonsensical thing to do.
                  Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jan 3, 2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X