Thread: Do the Small Things Instead

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do the Small Things Instead

As of today, I say Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Valanciunas are keepers and the rest can be packaged on a deal. I say if we really wanna make a push for the playoff when Feb and March comes around, we need a legit PF. I don't think Amir is our answer. On some nights, he can chip in 15+ pts but some nights, he diminishes and scores 2 pts at the most. We need a borderline star PF for this team so I propose a trade.

Toronto out: Amir Johnson, Fields, 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
    Toronto in: Carlos Boozer

Why Toronto: We get Boozer who's an instant upgrade over Amir and when playoff comes around, I think Boozer will show us why we need someone like him when going up against the likes of the Bobcats, Pacers, or the Heat. We might push to the second or conference final with Booz. Beside it will be his expiring year next year, so we can trade him next year.

Why Chicago: The Bulls well, maybe need some retool given the fact that D-Rose might not return to the lineups anytime soon. They get a young PF in Amir, Landry Fields might find his groove as a Bull, and a future 1st round pick (NYK) by shedding Booz's contract

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ewww. Carlos Boozer? The guy Chicago has been trying to unload basically since signing him to an inflated contract? The guy who's the weak link in Chicago's D?

Pass. No thanks.

3. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the pick is needed if they are looking t unload him. But I do agree that they will let him go before Deng. I can see Deng maybe taking a pay cut to play there next year, if Rose will be healthy.

Boozer on the other hand. He gives us a few things. I think he plays solid d most times, but more importantly JV gets some one to help him develop down low. As mush as people bang on Boozer, he has got the job done for many years despite being a second rounder. He has lasted along time in the league, so he must do something right.

It allows for Landry's contract to be moved, even though if we had old Landry I would be against it. Shitty to let Amir go, but to win someone is going to have to leave, just to bring in the piece we need. Which is a SF or PF, depends on how ross pans out, but moving Demar to the 3, where he played some against Indy, might make the need to be PF. Either way I think playoffs are a coming, regardless of trade.

I just don't see any trade coming unless it makes us better, or having the MU factor.
    MU factor=we will always get the better end of the deal

Winning is obviously the answer to MU 's vision, maybe coming a little quicker than expected, but great for us the fans.

Believe in our guys, because they are starting to in themselves. And the product is great to watch regardless of out come.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

13.25 mil to Amir+Landry or 16.8 mil to Boozer. There's no benefit in Landry's contract getting moved if you just add more bad money.

Even if Boozer was paid the same money as Amir, I wouldn't take him over Amir at this point.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Contrary to your belief, Boozer is far from an "instant upgrade" over Amir. Sorry.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boozer does not give the effort. This is contrary to your thread title too because replacing a starter with a starter is a bigish trade. Do like a novak for a second to a contender and that is a small thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are seriously undervaluing Amir. He is the guy that can have a major impact on the outcome of a game without scoring or filling the stat sheet. He is a leader on this team. His defense is incredible.

Raptors Republic Starter jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your hilarious tenfor, you offered up another trade saying we trade away demar and then in a trade 9 hours later say he's a building block.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boozer plays with no effort and heart he just screams "And1" whenever he's anywhere near the paint. You are undervaluing Amir so much its ridiculous and you want to get tied up in Boozer's horrible contract???
    Like a puppy- you mean like a baby dog?

Thread Information