Toronto out: Chuck Hayes, 2014 TOR's 2nd rounder
    Boston out: Courtney Lee

Raps New Lineups
    Lowry/Vazquez/Bycks/Stone
    Affalo/Lee/Salmons
    T-Ross/Novak/Daye
    Nicholson/Patterson/
    Val/Hansborough

Why Toronto: We get a shooter in Affalo in exchange of DeRozan's service for the Raps. Affalo is a much better sharp shooter than DeRozan and he played under Masaii as a Nuggets. Affalo is our future SG while we also acquire a Canadian prospect in A.Nicholson who's like a poor man's Chris Bosh, I think together with him and Val in the front court can do us wonder. We acquire Turkeyglue for the remainder season then he will expire, it's better than keep another year with L.Fields, don't know if the Magic will bite on this trade plus we acquire a 1st round draft pick (Top 3-5) in this year's draft, possibly landing Wiggins or Parker or Randle. Next, we send Chucky Hayes and a 2nd round to the Celtics for Courtney Lee who could backup Affalo in case Affalo gets injured during the season, Courtney Lee can provide some scoring off of our deep bench. I think we can pull it through.

Why Orlando: The Magic acquire DeRozan who could start fresh for their team as their go to guy along with some young prospects in Oladipo, Harris, and Vucevic. Amir could start for the team or become the 6th man for the team while Landry Fields find himself a new home to either play or cheer. I think this bode well for the Magic

Why Boston: Simply salary dump

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Orlando won't do it. You are basically asking them to give an all star, a good young big, take on 14 mil in 2014-15 salary (i.e. they could target a max player using that money). And then you ask for an awesome pick, which is likely top 5-7 and possibly a superstar.
    Even if you don't ask for that pick, they probably still don't do it.

I like the idea of targeting Courtney Lee, if there's no tank. He's a pretty good player, above average D, great corner 3. A big upgrade for the bench. Not sure Hayes+2nd is enough, they can probably trade Lee for an expiring any time they want. But I don't know, may be possible.

Raptors Republic Starter rapfan10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Orlando won't do it. You are basically asking them to give an all star, a good young big, take on 14 mil in 2014-15 salary (i.e. they could target a max player using that money). And then you ask for an awesome pick, which is likely top 5-7 and possibly a superstar.
    Even if you don't ask for that pick, they probably still don't do it.

I like the idea of targeting Courtney Lee, if there's no tank. He's a pretty good player, above average D, great corner 3. A big upgrade for the bench. Not sure Hayes+2nd is enough, they can probably trade Lee for an expiring any time they want. But I don't know, may be possible.
    Agree magic will not bite on this trade. I will never give amir and dd because these are two guys who wanna play in Toronto. And its too little for affalo and Nicholson and pick.

Also agree that Courtney Lee could be a useful pickup but chuck provides depth if a big goes down. Masai keeps all his picks too...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thread Information