Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So who are your all-star reserves? (Raptors Related)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not so sure Ross is a lock just yet. If he keeps up his current play (and the Raps keep winning), he'll get there. But I think Ross is on the bubble with Lamb, Zeller, Jones, Sullinger, etc. right now.

Davis, Beal, Lillard, Barnes, Drummond, Henson are locks.
    Speaking of locks, i think JV is pretty much a lock.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure Ross is a lock just yet. If he keeps up his current play (and the Raps keep winning), he'll get there. But I think Ross is on the bubble with Lamb, Zeller, Jones, Sullinger, etc. right now.

Ross is gonna get in because he's a highlight waiting to happen especially in a game like this he's gonna do some insane dunks which NBA wants because thus weekend is for entertainment

Post Thanks / Like

I HATE this new format for Voting. I think its absolutely ridiculous that they've eliminated the Center Position in the Voting.

That is all.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

4. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Davis and Drummond will get to play in the real game. Liillard might but the West just has too many elite players that he would have to compete against (Paul/Curry/Harden/Parker/Bledsoe). And Lin I'm sure will get voted in as well.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With the state of the East right now, it would be a crime for Lowry not to make the team. You could make a strong case for Derozan if the team keeps winning with him as the leading scorer (although someone already mentioned the afflalo dilemma).

As for Ross -- it would be nice for him to get the recognition, but I'm actually not sure I want him at All Star weekend. Concentration and consistency are huge factors for this kid and I couldn't help but feel the 'spectacle' of last years All Star Weekend really affected him for the worse.

I'd rather he keep his head down and not rest on his laurels till the off-season (and maybe not even then). As harsh as that sounds.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    With the state of the East right now, it would be a crime for Lowry not to make the team. You could make a strong case for Derozan if the team keeps winning with him as the leading scorer (although someone already mentioned the afflalo dilemma).

As for Ross -- it would be nice for him to get the recognition, but I'm actually not sure I want him at All Star weekend. Concentration and consistency are huge factors for this kid and I couldn't help but feel the 'spectacle' of last years All Star Weekend really affected him for the worse.

I'd rather he keep his head down and not rest on his laurels till the off-season (and maybe not even then). As harsh as that sounds.
    RE: Ross, I actually think it would be a good test for him. To see if he learned anything from last year. I would give him the opportunity to learn from his previous mistake(s).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ross, I actually think it would be a good test for him. To see if he learned anything from last year. I would give him the opportunity to learn from his previous mistake(s).
    I suppose. Still seems a bit risky given his importance to the teams success now.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose. Still seems a bit risky given his importance to the teams success now.
    Ok fine, I just wanna see him dunk again
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Ok fine, I just wanna see him dunk again
    Haha indeed. It would be really cool if Lowry or Derozan made the actual team and could be there as hype-men for the dunk-off.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross has a good op to be in the sophmore game along with JV no? Shaq and Charles would be silly not to pick em.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha indeed. It would be really cool if Lowry or Derozan made the actual team and could be there as hype-men for the dunk-off.
    It looked really bad last year when he had Jeremy Lamb or whoever throwing him passes instead of a raptor (hell I'd even rather have seen THE Raptor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

If Lowry keeps up his play, and we maintain the 4th (or 3rd) spot in the East, I think he a LOCK by the Coaches to get in.
    Would be Bananas if he didn't.

I think Demar has a legit chance this year as well if the team keeps it up.
    Gotta keep in mind, guys like Wally Szczerbiak have called themselves All-Stars before, so its not out of the question. Haha
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyrie
    Wade
    Lebron
    George
    Melo

Reserves:
    Wall
    Lowry
    Drummond
    Al Jefferson
    Millsap

Hibbert
    Demar
    Afflalo

Demar over Afflalo as the Raptors have the better record.

This is who I believe deserve all-star spots, but it is likely that Bosh would probably get one of those spots as he plays for the best team. He will get crossed by parker and CP3 again lol. Removing the centre position is still a boneheaded move by stern imo.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If Lowry keeps up his play, and we maintain the 4th (or 3rd) spot in the East, I think he a LOCK by the Coaches to get in.
    Would be Bananas if he didn't.

I think Demar has a legit chance this year as well if the team keeps it up.
    Gotta keep in mind, guys like Wally Szczerbiak have called themselves All-Stars before, so its not out of the question. Haha
    Even Jamal Magloire was named an all star, and would probably have won the MVP had the east won LOL.

Raptors Republic Starter OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    (hell I'd even rather have seen THE Raptor)[/URL]
    I think you have stumble across some gold my friend...that would be awesome to watch at an all-star game. Ex) say the raptor does a back flip off a trampoline and tosses it to Ross for a huge windmill.....could be a ton of fun to watch, and promos the Raps

17. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

isn't Beal dead?
    @jerboat

Thread Information