View Poll Results: Which one would make you happy and make the season a successful one?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not making the playoff and having a top 5 draft

8 21.05%
  • Make it to 2nd round of the play off and have a draft position of mid to late 1st round

24 63.16%
  • Make trades and make it to East finals

6 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would make you happy at the end of the season ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would make you happy at the end of the season ?

Which one will make you happy ?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try to do a poll and failed?

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He's in the midst of creating the poll. It will show in a few minutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a few seconds

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, my apologies. I was just gonna ask if you needed a wee bit of help.

6. Like Jamshid liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, my apologies. I was just gonna ask if you needed a wee bit of help.
    No worries

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The last option on the poll isnt guaranteed, even if we do make trades and have a solid team we still might not make the east finals and then what else is left for us?
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What about losing in the first round? Everyone's acting like the 2nd round of the playoffs is a given and it's far from that.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about this season really to be honest. I just want the team to keep moving forward.

11. Like JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how are there not more votes for East finals? would people really rather be eliminated in the second round rather than the eastern conference finals? lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

T-Ross and JV developing would make me happy

14. Like CalgaryRapsFan, Evia99, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not enough info to be able to make a decisive opinion, but I lean towards 2.

1. How much do we give up to tank? If we're talking about trading Lowry and DeRozan for a pair of mid to late-firsts plus bad contracts, while our own pick improves to top 5, that's great. Giving up our established guys for little or nothing, and then packaging, say Ross, JV, and our first-rounder to move up into the top 5 on draft night? No thanks. (This example is an exaggeration, but my point is that you can't know if this is a good outcome without knowing the cost.)

2. Probably the option that I'm most okay with, assuming this is essentially a 'stay the course' direction.

3. Depends what we give up to get there. Trading pieces that are not part of our core or future (including draft picks) to get to the final four, absolutely. But giving up draft picks and prospects for veterans, while failing to improve our chance at retaining Lowry, doesn't set us up well for the future. A one year window isn't going to accomplish anything, regardless of what trades we make.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    What about losing in the first round? Everyone's acting like the 2nd round of the playoffs is a given and it's far from that.
    Or finishing outside of the playoffs altogether if we get nailed by injuries or the team comes back down to earth?

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

seeing Demar, Terrence and Lowry finish the season as raptors would make me more than happy
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    The last option on the poll isnt guaranteed, even if we do make trades and have a solid team we still might not make the east finals and then what else is left for us?
    None of the options are guaranteed ... The questions are based on: If A happens then would you be happy.

We can tank and still not get top 5 picks, we can not make any trade and finish 9 and not make the play off but end with the late first round and ...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    Good point ... I assumed with the all injuries and the fact that half the teams are tanking, we can make the 2nd round but you are right, that could be one option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    how are there not more votes for East finals? would people really rather be eliminated in the second round rather than the eastern conference finals? lol
    LOL, I did not think we have a real chance against Indiana and most likely Miami if we don't make any more moves. But you are right, that could be one option as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep the votes coming

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people hit the nail on the head. If we get to the 2nd round, of course Id be happy. Question is, will we actually get there if we set out with that as our goal.
    Same question for a top 5 pick. Id also be happy if we got that.
    So, perhaps the question is, which of the two goals is most likely to end up in us finshing 9th-10th in the east, not making the playoffs and having a shitty draft pick. Thats certainly the option that i do not want.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping our starting 5 together and seeing if we can add to the team by trading some of our players who are stuck on the bench. See if we can get something for Novak, Fields, Hayes or Stone. I know it is almost impossible but you never know with Masai he seems to be a miracle worker! Remember he traded Barg's and Gay!!! WoW never really thought that would get done and come back with workable pieces. I would like to extend Lowry's CONTRACT THAT IS IF IT IS GOING TO BE RFEASONABLE. Right now we have a very good starting lineup. Lets keep it that way!!

Thread Information