Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

"Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is everybody so obsessed with knowing the 5 year plan right now? I'm sure Masai isn't even quite clear yet. You make smart basketball decisions, day by day, and continue to evaluate the league. And play.
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Post Thanks / Like

Although the follow up tweet makes it clear TSN guy thinks no more tank talk needed:

Tim Leiweke

4. Like stretch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He does such a great job at leaving himself subtle future 'outs'. Whether he maintains the status quo, goes all-in for this season, or blows it up, he could reference any of these quotes and justify them as evidence of his true intentions... pure genius!

6. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    He does such a great job at leaving himself subtle future 'outs'. Whether he maintains the status quo, goes all-in for this season, or blows it up, he could reference any of these quotes and justify them as evidence of his true intentions... pure genius!
    Yeah, he never gives a time frame on anything which is key along with the vagueness. What happens if team goes on 5 game losing streak? Are they still winning?

Anyways, most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons!
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    YAnyways, most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons!
    Although I completely agree, it feels like we say this at some point in every season
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

9. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

this next month and a half before trade deadline will be very interesting

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Evia99 wrote: View Post
    this next month and a half before trade deadline will be very interesting
    Yup.

What could be interesting is if Lowry/DeRozan or both make the all-star team. That could cause their values to skyrocket even further. Who knows?

12. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Although I completely agree, it feels like we say this at some point in every season
    Because the last 4-5 years of raptor ball have been atrocious. So it was fair to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's one of the things I really like about him: I don't think he's answered a question directly in the 7 months he's been here.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    That's one of the things I really like about him: I don't think he's answered a question directly in the 7 months he's been here.
    I like it in terms of maintaining a position of strength amongst rival management teams, but hate it from an impatient fan's perspective
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

16. Like vino, consmap, thead, CalgaryRapsFan, Akkerman liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, my take is that MU is just waiting for the bubble to burst and the chariot back as a pumpkin.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

18. Like japetas liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Yup.

What could be interesting is if Lowry/DeRozan or both make the all-star team. That could cause their values to skyrocket even further. Who knows?
    Looking at how weak the East is, it's seeming like a more and more legit possibility. They're both playing very well at their positions in our conference, and if the team keeps playing well, on one of the only winning teams. Not sure it happens, but it definitely wouldn't be a total shock at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I like it in terms of maintaining a position of strength amongst rival management teams, but hate it from an impatient fan's perspective
    There's no doubt that MU is to blame for all ongoing arguments on RR this season

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no doubt that MU is to blame for all ongoing arguments on RR this season
    I love it though. Keep your cards close to your chest and then play them when you're ready. BC had no clue how to do this.

22. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Masai is the master of mis direction while we're looking at the potential Kyle Lowry thing hes getting us Kevin Durant with the help of Drake, while sleeping with the 3rd Destiny's Child member.

Man is a genius.

24. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    OK, so if there's no more tank, then they should try to bring in veteran players to improve the team now. No reason to worry more about 5 years down the road.
    No. We aren't trying to win it all this year. It's not going to happen. We want to maintain assets, develop our players internally and maintain a window of competitive play for as long as possible.

When the team really is one asset away from contention, then you make those types of trades.
    Last edited by stooley; Fri Jan 3rd, 2014 at 01:39 PM.

26. Like Dino4life, JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Masai is the master of mis direction while we're looking at the potential Kyle Lowry thing hes getting us Kevin Durant with the help of Drake, while sleeping with the 3rd Destiny's Child member.

Man is a genius.
    Michelle? The gospel singer?!?! Ugh, that's such a short-sighted Colangelo move.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    No. We aren't trying to win it all this year. It's not going to happen. We want to maintain assets, develop are players internally and maintain a window of competitive play for as long as possible.

When the team really is one asset away from contention, then you make those types of trades.
    Yes! Thank you! This team is already winning now, just let them play. People on here seem to have BC-itis, "shit we're winning now, trade away all of our assets and sign some over the hill player so we can win!" We can all agree we won't win a championship this season. So let this team go as far as we can, draft well in the 17-22 spot, supplement with better bench players and watch them grow internally. There's no need to make preemptive moves just because this winning "isn't sustainable." Who says it isn't sustainable? And if it isn't sustainable, make moves once it collapses. To make bonehead asset trades for veterans who are most likely past their prime stinks of Colangelo and is something we're all too used to (Roy Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, anyone?). Have we been so badly conditioned by years of terrible management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    OK, so if there's no more tank, then they should try to bring in veteran players to improve the team now. No reason to worry more about 5 years down the road.
    Seriously, you want to mortgage the future to go all-in for this season?!

30. Like Nilanka liked this post

Thread Information