Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Brandon- We've got no proof that says we'll be able to sustain this come playoff time. I don't see any way of us beating indiana or miami four times in seven games, and there's no real gaping flaw that's going to wreck the season like other teams who add a piece have.

Also, Wall-Beal could end up being better by the end of the year. Parker-Ginobli? Beverly/Lin- Harden? Curry-Thompson for sure. Holiday/Gordon or Evans? Lilliard/Matthews? CP3/Redick?

Name me a proven playoff guy on the team. It's not like we have a standout weak position or a weak bench. Our team right now looks like those 2nd round, get to the Eastern Conference Finals if we're lucky and get a good matchup, the hawks three years ago type team
    @Boymusic66

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.
      You mean Afflalo from this year, or last year?

2012/13 stats for Afflalo:

.439 FG%, 0.300 3PFG%, 3.7 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.2 TPG, 16.5 PPG, WS 2.0 (0.042 WS / 48), ORtg 102, DRtg 112

DeRozan's stats this year are much better than Afflalo's stats were last year.

Comment

• Afflalo is playin a bit better than DD, thats why you don't make the trade, the bad outweighs the good

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
          This is called the fallacy of incomplete evidence (cherrypicking). Afflalo's 12-13 was an aberration. Since he only played 64 of a possible 82 games, it could have been due to injuries. Afflalo's career numbers are far better than Derozan's. Derozan's career ORTG : DRTG is a negative number -- -6, while Afflalo's is a positive -- +2. Even this year, with his team dragging him down with them (-5), Afflalo's ratio is +5, and with Derozan's teammates winning (+2), Derozan's ratio is -1. Derozan's career ws/48 is .067, while Afflalo is .097, and that number is a bit low since Afflalo only got playing time when he left Detroit, and has missed time due to injuries. They've played almost the same number of minutes -- Afflalo has played 12353, 1435 more than Derozan, but Afflalo has 10 more win shares than Derozan in that time -- Derozan has 15 total. Derozan just does not affect a ball game nearly as much as Afflalo and there's no way you can doctor the numbers to claim he does.

You conveniently failed to point all this evidence out, while undoubtedly being aware of it, because it contradicts your pro-Derozan views. I don't mind when someone does this type of thing by accident, but you appear to have done it on purpose, since to find the evidence you cherrypicked, you'd also have to find the evidence that proves everything you say is wrong.
          My point is that I am not convinced that Afflalo would be a significant upgrade on DeRozan over the medium to long term. I'm not so easily inclined to compare advanced stats when usage is so different between players. Afflalo's role has been very different over his career, and he came into the league two years more mature than DeRozan. Afflalo only really started to emerge as a player when he was the same age as DeRozan is now, and his usage only increased substantially last year (which was a dud). I see a lot of growth in DeRozan's game, which was also seen for Afflalo.

Given contract and all else, I could be persuaded that Afflalo is a better overall bargain than DeRozan, but I think it's much closer than you seem to think, all things considered. I'm not ready to give him a complete pass for last year. Injuries factor into a player's worth, after all.

Comment

• ^dig up bouncepass

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
              @Brandon- We've got no proof that says we'll be able to sustain this come playoff time. I don't see any way of us beating indiana or miami four times in seven games, and there's no real gaping flaw that's going to wreck the season like other teams who add a piece have.

Also, Wall-Beal could end up being better by the end of the year. Parker-Ginobli? Beverly/Lin- Harden? Curry-Thompson for sure. Holiday/Gordon or Evans? Lilliard/Matthews? CP3/Redick?

Name me a proven playoff guy on the team. It's not like we have a standout weak position or a weak bench. Our team right now looks like those 2nd round, get to the Eastern Conference Finals if we're lucky and get a good matchup, the hawks three years ago type team
              Yeah except here's the difference.

- Every player on that Hawks team (2010-11) had already peaked or was about to peak
              - They had no notable prospects available besides Jeff Teague, and their 1st round pick belonged to Washington. No guys with high upside like Valanciunas or Ross on the roster
              - They were capped out in the short and long-term, JJ making 16M, Smoove at 11M, Crawford at 11M, Hinrich 9M, Marvin Williams at 7M, Horford due for a near max extension

Comment

Working...
              X