Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Seriously, you want to mortgage the future to go all-in for this season?!

I gotta believe he was joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    That's not what I said. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'm saying it's preferable to get the Afflalos of the league as opposed to waiting for the Ross types to improve (which may never happen). A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. If they decide to tank, then keep the Ross types because they may achieve something meaningful in the future. When you're going around beating up on the best teams in the league it's time to think about accomplishing something now.
    We already have one of the "Afflalos of the league". His name is Demar and I'd rather have him, he's way younger and more willing to learn. Also having the Afflalos of the league won't necessarily help win a championship now, while Ross is playing just fine (great d against some of the top players in the league the past 10 games). I'd rather just let this team go as far as they go (whether that means a first round exit, a second round exit or even a ec finals appearance) then watch Ross grow even more next season, and exponentially in two seasons, etc.

We trade him to the magic, he becomes an all-star in 3 years and we have a 30 something year old afflalo who leaves for miami

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not what I said. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'm saying it's preferable to get the Afflalos of the league as opposed to waiting for the Ross types to improve (which may never happen). A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. If they decide to tank, then keep the Ross types because they may achieve something meaningful in the future. When you're going around beating up on the best teams in the league it's time to think about accomplishing something now.
    Yes, let's trade Ross for a vet.. Rudy Gay might be available.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Yes! Thank you! This team is already winning now, just let them play. People on here seem to have BC-itis, "shit we're winning now, trade away all of our assets and sign some over the hill player so we can win!" We can all agree we won't win a championship this season. So let this team go as far as we can, draft well in the 17-22 spot, supplement with better bench players and watch them grow internally. There's no need to make preemptive moves just because this winning "isn't sustainable." Who says it isn't sustainable? And if it isn't sustainable, make moves once it collapses. To make bonehead asset trades for veterans who are most likely past their prime stinks of Colangelo and is something we're all too used to (Roy Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, anyone?). Have we been so badly conditioned by years of terrible management?

well if we're going with this argument, aren't chuck hayes and salmons basically veterans past their prime?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    well if we're going with this argument, aren't chuck hayes and salmons basically veterans past their prime?
    Chuck Hayes never smells the court and Salmons is somehow playing inspired ball. I don't think he was brought in for that purpose though

Post Thanks / Like

Default Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Well, first of all Afflalo is a much better player than Derozan is or will ever be. Check his Win Shares on that. A backcourt of Afflalo and Lowry would be the best in the East, possibly the entire league. Second, it sounds like you believe the draft is the only way for the Raps to add good players. This is not correct. That's not how the two best players on the team, Lowry and Johnson, were added.
    I don't think the draft is the only way to add players at all. I don't even know where that came from. I just think this team is benefitting from some inspired play from their core, these guys are hungry to win and I think bringing someone in NOW would not help anyone. Admittedly, i dont really follow Afflalo, but from the little I've seen and heard on him, he's a chucker with an ego, nothing special on defence and I'm sure his win shares stat is benefitting from the fact he plays on the MAGIC. The Magic. DeRozans win share would also be inflated on the magic. Hell even MY win shares would be inflated if I was on the magic.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, first of all Afflalo is a much better player than Derozan is or will ever be. Check his Win Shares on that. A backcourt of Afflalo and Lowry would be the best in the East, possibly the entire league. Second, it sounds like you believe the draft is the only way for the Raps to add good players. This is not correct. That's not how the two best players on the team, Lowry and Johnson, were added.
    Agree with is better now. Can't say anymore than that for sure. DD is 24. Afflalo is 28. This year is Afflalo's breakout season. If he could do it, what excludes other players from doing so?

Ross has the potential to develop, and I'd rather have a team peaking in 2 years than right now. That gives us time to add more pieces, and develop around Jonas, who's showing tons of potential.

Finally, if we get Afflalo, then DD also has to go, I think their games are too similar.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha sure buddy, Keep telling yourself that. Hmm lets check Orlando's Record shall we...oh yes they are fucking 14th in the east with the 3rd worst record in the entire league. You have no clue what you are talking about bro, thankfully this team isn't run by Bryan Colangelo anymore cause he would have actually went through with a retarded trade like that. Ross is what 22? and Afflalo is like 28, i seriously don't know how you can automatically assume that Ross won't improve even furthur. Do you own a time machine? can you see into the future?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    There's no doubt that MU is to blame for all ongoing arguments on RR this season
    That is not true.

You're an effing idiot CRF.

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

10. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Hahaha sure buddy, Keep telling yourself that. Hmm lets check Orlando's Record shall we...oh yes they are fucking 14th in the east with the 3rd worst record in the entire league. You have no clue what you are talking about bro, thankfully this team isn't run by Bryan Colangelo anymore cause he would have actually went through with a retarded trade like that. Ross is what 22? and Afflalo is like 28, i seriously don't know how you can automatically assume that Ross won't improve even furthur. Do you own a time machine? can you see into the future?
    sorry but you have to things in perspective here. if the magics record is so horrible, what do you have to say about a team whos 15-15? wouldn't mediocre be the proper term for it?

sacramento kings record is horrible. are you saying demarcus cousins sucks?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but you have to things in perspective here. if the magics record is so horrible, what do you have to say about a team whos 15-15? wouldn't mediocre be the proper term for it?

You better tell me whats the different when
    Chris Bosh in Raptors and Chris in Heats.
    AB7 in Raptors and Knicks.
    even Damon stoudemire in Raptors and Portland

If you are the only weapon in a horrible team, your number should higher.
    Last edited by Frynoodle; Fri Jan 3rd, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus afflalo was a solid contributor on a much better Denver team. It's hard to compare players when they are in totally different situations, but when I watch Afflalo play, he looks much better than Demar (mainly defense and outside shooting)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frynoodle wrote: View Post
    You better tell me whats the different when
    Chris Bosh in Raptors and Chris in Heats.
    AB7 in Raptors and Knicks.

If you are the only weapon in a horrible team, your number should higher.
    i don't understand what you're saying. are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how fans can be happy about this interview and this information. He basically said nothing and lets just hope that it is because he wants to keep his cards close to the chest for his future moves and ... The whole thing about " We are still evaluating" is a PURE BS. He was a part of this organization for many years and has been around this team for quite a time now and we are at game 30 of this season which means almost half way there.

There is no more secrete or ambiguity around this team. There is 3 things that can happen ...

1) Tank : Trade Lowry or DD or Amir and get your TANK starting NOW and hope for a good draft pick.

2) Stay with the same guys: And hope no other teams make more moves and improve and in a east that half of the teams are tanking and the other half are handicapped due to the injuries, get to be the 3rd of the 4th best team, pass the first round and then get your ass handed to you by Heat in the 2nd round

3) Make moves and get rid of Field, Novak, Hayes' contract and actually try to compete against Indiana and Heat.

Right now, I think MU is going with #2 option which is the easiest one for him to take. Option 1 and 2 involve taking risks and begin couragous and I think for him at the moment, option 2 is what makes sense ...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Plus afflalo was a solid contributor on a much better Denver team. It's hard to compare players when they are in totally different situations, but when I watch Afflalo play, he looks much better than Demar (mainly defense and outside shooting)
    At the same time, I'd be much less comfortable with Afflalo trying to take those tough 4th quarters jumpers DeMar hit with Paul George totally up in his face.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Call it what you want. But Arron Afflalo is not someone i would trade for. And DeMarcus cousins has been putting up big numbers since he arrived in Sac Town, that team is just poorly managed. This is Afflalo's first season where he's put up such big numbers, so i don't see him sustaining it. To say Terrence Ross or DeMar DeRozan will never be as good as Arron Afflalo is laughable to say the least. He's nothing special

18. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Theyre putting up comparable stats derozan avaerages about 1 more shot a game. Big freakin deal. Afflalo has shown he can do this for three months. Ive been preaching to my brother (wants afflalo) what I say to you. FLASH IN THE PAN.

on another note:

Can someone explain this to me?

ē In addition to the Lakers, Knicks and Nets, the Timberwolves, Warriors and Celtics are among the teams that have inquired about a deal with the Raptors for Lowry, league sources say. Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has been encouraged by the team's recent play, as Toronto has gone 9-3 since the trade with two of the losses coming against the Spurs But despite the Raptors' fourth-place status in the pitiful East, Ujiri is determined to take the long-term view. With the deadline less than seven weeks away, Ujiri is said to have multiple deals he could do for Lowry that would involve receiving an expiring contract in return or slotting him into another team's trade exception. Taking back future salary would come at a high price, i.e. a first-round pick.

Why would you trade an expiring that is holding your rag tag group of ballers together, for another expiring? Or are Ken Berger and CBS doing their best Bleacher Report impression?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, he never gives a time frame on anything which is key along with the vagueness. What happens if team goes on 5 game losing streak? Are they still winning?

Anyways, most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons!
    That is exactly what I am saying ... He did not give any information and that is a smart way for him to save his ass ... Now, I hope he knows what he wants to do and is done with his " evaluations" ... Because REALLY, there is ONLY 3 path that this team can really go.

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If people really think MU is gonna trade Afflalo for Ross..... ahaha funny one MU has stated multiple times that eh wants to develop young players not trade for a 28 year old player whos having 1 solid season just one! its not like afflalo is a career 20ppg scorer
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information