Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126

Thread: Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    If people really think MU is gonna trade Afflalo for Ross..... ahaha funny one MU has stated multiple times that eh wants to develop young players not trade for a 28 year old player whos having 1 solid season just one! its not like afflalo is a career 20ppg scorer
    Exactly my point. Some people just need to learn to stop being so narrow minded and look at the bigger picture
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Exactly my point. Some people just need to learn to stop being so narrow minded and look at the bigger picture
    If we were a contender this trade makes sense because its helps now! but were not a contender and we need to develop our young players and Im happy MU is the GM not some of this people on this forum
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  3. #43
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.

  4. Like wallz, planetmars liked this post
  5. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.
    Yup.. it should not be an easy No. Afflalo is a really good player. And him being 28 is actually still young. Lowry is 28 after all and many want him back.

    I still don't think that specific trade should be done (Ross + piece for Afflalo). I think that would create a Gay/DD situation since Aaron has a lot of similar qualities to DeMar.. I also like what Ross brings to the team. But it should not be an easy no.

  6. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would only do it if you throw in a pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We are no trading for Afflafo, but not because he is not a good player (he is), and I am sure MU wouldn't mind one bit having him. The problem is that Orlando's asking price is high for a team like the Raptors which are not ready to contend this year or the next.

  8. #47
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    If people really think MU is gonna trade Afflalo for Ross..... ahaha funny one MU has stated multiple times that eh wants to develop young players not trade for a 28 year old player whos having 1 solid season just one! its not like afflalo is a career 20ppg scorer
    One solid season? The guy is a very good shooter and played on teams where he wasn't the primary go to guy on offense. Check the stats, please - the guy has improved every season.

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK, seriously? Why would you give a pick to trade Afflafo to the Raps if you were the Magic GM? Just because it doesn't make sense for us to trade for him, doesn't mean he does not have trade value. In fact, Orlando will receive a pick for him, not give one away!
    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I would only do it if you throw in a pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    OK, seriously? Why would you give a pick to trade Afflafo to the Raps if you were the Magic GM? Just because it doesn't make sense for us to trade for him, doesn't mean he does not have trade value. In fact, Orlando will receive a pick for him, not give one away!
    Welcome to RR where other GMs are donkeys who will do anything to help Toronto Raptors

  11. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Call it what you want. But Arron Afflalo is not someone i would trade for. And DeMarcus cousins has been putting up big numbers since he arrived in Sac Town, that team is just poorly managed. This is Afflalo's first season where he's put up such big numbers, so i don't see him sustaining it. To say Terrence Ross or DeMar DeRozan will never be as good as Arron Afflalo is laughable to say the least. He's nothing special
    come on dude.

    demarcus has been putting up 'consistent' numbers because hes played CONSISTENT huge minutes ever since he joined SAC. hes always been on the floor for around 30 minutes right from the start.

    afflalo started off getting minimal time on the floor and only gradually started getting more minutes as seasons went on with the various teams hes been on. obviously thats going to affect how many buckets you get.

    thats like saying terrence ross fucking sucks cause last year he barely put any numbers up, without accounting how he was managed or the time hes had on the floor.

    you're arguing the wrong points in the wrong way.

    i'm NOT for the trade, but your argument doesn't help.

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    One solid season? The guy is a very good shooter and played on teams where he wasn't the primary go to guy on offense. Check the stats, please - the guy has improved every season.
    So your willing to give up Ross for him ? Ross has the potential to surpass Afflalo and hes shown flashes of what he can do with starters minutes.
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I used to be jealous of Aaron Afflalo...



    That said, I like AA, but he isn't the final piece. He'd be awesome if they didn't lose one of the 5 starters, but I don't think it's worth breaking chemistry. This probably isn't the year to make knee jerk moves. The question is if there is a "star" player that does fit, is willing to not monopolize the ball, etc., who is young enough to fit in...

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Only thing Arron Afflalo has on T-Ross is that he has a rap song hahaha
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  15. #54
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    So your willing to give up Ross for him ? Ross has the potential to surpass Afflalo and hes shown flashes of what he can do with starters minutes.
    Please show me the post where I said I would give up Ross for him.

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Please show me the post where I said I would give up Ross for him.
    That is what this thread is about isnt it?
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  17. #56
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A lot of you are sleeping on Afflalo because we don't get many Magic games (and Nuggets games in the past), but the kid is a fantastic player and would actually be a perfect fit for our team. He can defend his position, he can knock down his shots, especially in the clutch and he's a good rebounder. The only issue is that the Magic are going to want a small ransom for him - and rightfully so.

  18. #57
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    A lot of you are sleeping on Afflalo because we don't get many Magic games (and Nuggets games in the past), but the kid is a fantastic player and would actually be a perfect fit for our team. He can defend his position, he can knock down his shots, especially in the clutch and he's a good rebounder. The only issue is that the Magic are going to want a small ransom for him - and rightfully so.
    Afflalo is a great player but what there asking for is a little high for me, Say we trade for him does Derozan and AA play together ?
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  19. #58
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    That is what this thread is about isnt it?
    So you didn't bother to read previous posts? Fantastic.

  20. #59
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    come on dude.

    demarcus has been putting up 'consistent' numbers because hes played CONSISTENT huge minutes ever since he joined SAC. hes always been on the floor for around 30 minutes right from the start.

    afflalo started off getting minimal time on the floor and only gradually started getting more minutes as seasons went on with the various teams hes been on. obviously thats going to affect how many buckets you get.

    thats like saying terrence ross fucking sucks cause last year he barely put any numbers up, without accounting how he was managed or the time hes had on the floor.

    you're arguing the wrong points in the wrong way.

    i'm NOT for the trade, but your argument doesn't help.
    He was the main guy who came back to Orlando a couple of years ago in a certain trade. He was the main guy in Orlando for a while now (if not him then who? Turk?)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  21. #60
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Afflalo is a great player but what there asking for is a little high for me, Say we trade for him does Derozan and AA play together ?
    Why wouldn't they? Move DeRozan to the 3 and start Afflalo at the 2.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •