No announcement yet.

The Dog Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input, but the issue I'm having with the name Julius is that it seems like it has a too much syllables and doesn't roll of the tongue like most dog names. Also considering the name Bongo which I think works better dog-name-wise

I like Penny aswell

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
      Thanks for the input, but the issue I'm having with the name Julius is that it seems like it has a too much syllables and doesn't roll of the tongue like most dog names. Also considering the name Bongo which I think works better dog-name-wise

I like Penny aswell
      This is a great point actually. There really is a science to naming a dog.
      I find myself repeating "Bruno" just see if it works .. so far it hasn't failed. Haha

Dog names that end in "-ey" and are 2-syllables are generally ideal, I'd say. Lol

What about Caesar?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        This is a great point actually. There really is a science to naming a dog.
        I find myself repeating "Bruno" just see if it works .. so far it hasn't failed. Haha

Dog names that end in "-ey" and are 2-syllables are generally ideal, I'd say. Lol

What about Caesar?
        NO.

But only because one of my names is Cezar. Spelled like I wrote it.

Actually I am thinking about getting a dog myself. Never owned one before. Was thinking about a beagle. Do you guys know...is it a good breed, would you recommend it? I'm looking for a small to medium sized dog that isn't too hyper or annoying.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          NO.

But only because one of my names is Cezar. Spelled like I wrote it.

Actually I am thinking about getting a dog myself. Never owned one before. Was thinking about a beagle. Do you guys know...is it a good breed, would you recommend it? I'm looking for a small to medium sized dog that isn't too hyper or annoying.
          Hahah Fair enough.

Beagles are great dogs. Only thing you have to consider with them is that they are Hounds, and thus like to Bark and Howl alot. If you're in an apartment, I wouldn't recommend a Beagle, but mostly for your Neighbours sake. Haha

Comment

Beagles:

I know they can be stubborn.

They are scent dogs and mischeivous if they aren't walked.... a lot. They need a LOT of exerciser so dont even bother unless the dog is gonna get two good walks a day.

Also, they are very, very vocal dogs. They are not shy abou tletting you know they are there, its part of the breeding for hunting...similar to a hound dog.

Think....Jack Russel Terrier/ hound dog.

You wouldnt be getting Snoopy, you're getting his very hyper, and crafty cousin.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
              Beagles:

They are scent dogs and mischeivous if they aren't walked.... a lot. They need a LOT of exerciser so dont even bother unless the dog is gonna get two good walks a day.

Also, they are very, very vocal dogs. They are not shy abou tletting you know they are there, its part of the breeding for hunting...similar to a hound dog.

You wouldnt be getting Snoopy, you're getting his very hyper, and crafty cousin.
              Is the one on the left in your pic a Beagle? Or a JR?

Comment

Hahah Fair enough.

Beagles are great dogs. Only thing you have to consider with them is that they are Hounds, and thus like to Bark and Howl alot. If you're in an apartment, I wouldn't recommend a Beagle, but mostly for your Neighbours sake. Haha
                Craig wrote: View Post
                Beagles:

Ok thanks for the input guys I will definitely take that into consideration.

Joey what about those two doggies in your OP? what can you tell me about 'em? Sorry you seem to know quite a bit about dogs so I'd appreciate yours and others input. Also those dogs are cute AF!

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  Ok thanks for the input guys I will definitely take that into consideration.

Joey what about those two doggies in your OP? what can you tell me about 'em? Sorry you seem to know quite a bit about dogs so I'd appreciate yours and others input. Also those dogs are cute AF!
                  Haha Ya man, tell me about it!

The breeder that I'll be getting my Dog from, does Golden Retrievers, GoldenDoodles (Golden Retriever mixed with Poodle), Cockapoos (Cocker Spaniel and Poodles) and Golden Cocker Retrievers (Goldens and Cocker Spaniels).

As I say in the OP, I grew up with Golden Retrievers my whole life, so I can attest to the fact that they are some of the best dogs out there, hands down. They are affectionate, playful, energetic, great with kids (if you got em).
                  Cocker Spaniels have a very similar temperament. Which is why I went with the Golden Cocker. They're smaller than a Golden, but bigger than a Beagle say. And as I say, just great dogs to have around.
                  And as you say, Cute. As. F*ck.

Comment

Haha Ya man, tell me about it!

The breeder that I'll be getting my Dog from, does Golden Retrievers, GoldenDoodles (Golden Retriever mixed with Poodle), Cockapoos (Cocker Spaniel and Poodles) and Golden Cocker Retrievers (Goldens and Cocker Spaniels).

As I say in the OP, I grew up with Golden Retrievers my whole life, so I can attest to the fact that they are some of the best dogs out there, hands down. They are affectionate, playful, energetic, great with kids (if you got em).
                    Cocker Spaniels have a very similar temperament. Which is why I went with the Golden Cocker. They're smaller than a Golden, but bigger than a Beagle say. And as I say, just great dogs to have around.
                    And as you say, Cute. As. F*ck.
                    I agree completely as I grew up with a Golden Retriever also. The only thing I would like to add is that cocker spaniels are generally timid dogs. They can be very anxious, but I imagine if they're mixed with a GR that this isn't the case. You just never know what kind of dog you're going to have until they start growing up.

Comment

Is the one on the left in your pic a Beagle? Or a JR?
                      Oh HI.

Both dogs are Rescues, Jack Russell Terriers. When i get around to it i will post better photo's, they both have pretty cool stories. I love um both lots!!

Comment

What about 'Leo' for a Dogs name?!

Comment

What about 'Leo' for a Dogs name?!
                          you bad..
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I considered getting a dog recently but where I have a young daughter I felt it would be too much. So, my wife and I adopted two kittens this week. We pick them up tonight actually. They're four months old and from the same litter.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I considered getting a dog recently but where I have a young daughter I felt it would be too much. So, my wife and I adopted two kittens this week. We pick them up tonight actually. They're four months old and from the same litter.

I don't care what people say, cats are fun. We have two of them to go along with our chocolate lab. They are awesome companions once they get attached to you

Comment

Yeah, I had two as a kid. There is no work to a cat. You can even leave them alone for a few days provided you leave out lots of water and food. They will eat until full and stop.

I love cats, I love dogs, both have their merits but cats win right now. Maybe I get a dog down the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X