No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors Vs. Miami Heat: January 5th 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a conditioning issue with the Raptors that we are not aware of? I noticed too how guys like Amir, Lowry and DD were running out of gas at the end of the game. Miami was coming back off a back to back.. The Raptors had a day of rest.

It's not like the Heat have bruisers in the paint that would slow you down.

Free throws aside, if the Raptors had their legs in the 4th they would have probably won.

Comment

• off topic: anyone else keeping tabs on James Johnson? guy is ballin right now.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Is there a conditioning issue with the Raptors that we are not aware of? I noticed too how guys like Amir, Lowry and DD were running out of gas at the end of the game. Miami was coming back off a back to back.. The Raptors had a day of rest.

Free throws aside, if the Raptors had their legs in the 4th they would have probably won.
        Maybe Bosh invited them to his place and slipped something into their mai tais

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Is there a conditioning issue with the Raptors that we are not aware of? I noticed too how guys like Amir, Lowry and DD were running out of gas at the end of the game. Miami was coming back off a back to back.. The Raptors had a day of rest.

I think this exact reason is why a lot of teams don't stay big against a small-ball lineup. It's not necessarily that their isn't an advantage, it's that a bigman gets winded quicker when he's having to chase a smaller player around. For example, there were an number of plays where Amir was guarding LeBron on the perimeter, and that is going to take a toll.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
            off topic: anyone else keeping tabs on James Johnson? guy is ballin right now.
            I've noticed. Always liked him in Toronto, figured he should be getting solid minutes on any team

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              I've noticed. Always liked him in Toronto, figured he should be getting solid minutes on any team
              Yeah, seems like he knows his role now. Always tried to do too much when he was here. Glad he found a team.
              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• delman21 wrote: View Post
                And for all the DD haters out there, he played amazing last night, he is playing d, passing the ball, all of which he couldn't do before. Yes everyone will say he took some bad shots, but YOU TELL ME YOU NEVER SPED IN YOUR PARENTS CARS WHEN YOU FIRST GOT YOUR LISCENCE, I call bull shit on that one. He has got the keys and free to play, expect some mistakes, but we got a keeper here.
                Now I will admit, in the FIRST HALF, DeMar was fantastic. He did everything right.

But, like the story has been for years, he is consistently inconsistent, and we saw him come out in the fourth and fall into some good old Drew League habits and missed like 5 straight shots trying to ISO ball. He killed us in the fourth. Sure he has the "keys", but he is a drunk driver, more likely to kill someone than make it home safe. I'm done with low IQ basketball players. They don't have a spot on my armchair GM team.

I don't hate DeRozan the person, nobody on this board hates him as a person, so to say "DeRozan Haters" is wrong. We don't like how he plays the game...which has nothing to do with him as a human being.

For Example) It's like when you're at the Y, and your friend is this 6'10" and does nothing but shoot fade away threes, even though he is 8" taller than everyone else. Do I "hate" him?? No, but I can't stand the way he plays the game. Same goes with DD.

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                off topic: anyone else keeping tabs on James Johnson? guy is ballin right now.
                Ya I was a huge Johnson fan. Our defense took a massive hit after he left. One of Colangelo's many cock-ups not keeping him around on a cheap deal.

Comment

Working...
                X