Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: Toronto Raptors Vs. Miami Heat: January 5th 2014

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    The year T-Mac left the Raps to join Orlando, he was a beast on the defensive end. I think it would have been a fun game to watch T-Mac's intensity versus LBJ's tenacity.
    i think lebron would just post him and push him around. t-mac was a good perimeter defender because of his length and speed but lebron does everything. that guy is fucking sick. pretty sure that alley oop could have been better if they just threw the ball higher because he would have went to get it too.

leonard did about as good a job as could be expected and he won finals mvp.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...3/lebron-james
    25 points 11 boards 7 assists 1 block 2.5 steals per game.

that is enormous and people were complementing leonard on his slow down job.
    For The Win

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think lebron would just post him and push him around. t-mac was a good perimeter defender because of his length and speed but lebron does everything. that guy is fucking sick. pretty sure that alley oop could have been better if they just threw the ball higher because he would have went to get it too.

leonard did about as good a job as could be expected and he won finals mvp.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...3/lebron-james
    25 points 11 boards 7 assists 1 block 2.5 steals per game.

that is enormous and people were complementing leonard on his slow down job.
    There is noone in NBA history who could shutdown lebron James right now (prime)

Raptors Republic Starter OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'm sure there are PGs who could help us as much, even if they played differently. None of them are likely to be availabe. And there could be a very good, deep PG crop in this year's draft. If we can get Lowry at a decent contract, and draft a potential future PG, that's becoming the scenario I'm hoping for. *cough* Tyler Ennis *cough*
    I agree, I'm not a huge fan of Vasquez...he's too hot or cold, which would be fine if he was consistent defensively, but he isn't. I go into the fetal position when he step on the court.

And whoever said TMac was a horrible defender needs to get their eyes checked, he was consistently considered one of the better defenders in the NBA. He may have looked lazy, but it is the same way that Wiggins looks lazy, he is just so fast naturally that he just glides at the same speed as people who are going all out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the difference between the Heat and basically every other team in the league.

If they really want to/need to win a game. They make sure they do just enough to ensure they walk away with the W. They don't miss 9 free throws and lose by 5. They come up with big shots down the stretch to win by 5.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought last night was the classic example of running out of gas. And we were still there to the very end of the game. Yes we missed some free throws, took some poor shots, that is expected in learning phase. No one on this team has won before, therefore we will have some pains this season, but we competed right to the very end. I am not sure in a 7 game series, but after watching the game last night, TO is legit.

Yes there are still pieces to obtain for a good run, but the foundation is beginning to build itself very quickly.

And for all the DD haters out there, he played amazing last night, he is playing d, passing the ball, all of which he couldn't do before. Yes everyone will say he took some bad shots, but YOU TELL ME YOU NEVER SPED IN YOUR PARENTS CARS WHEN YOU FIRST GOT YOUR LISCENCE, I call bull shit on that one. He has got the keys and free to play, expect some mistakes, but we got a keeper here.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote delman21 wrote: View Post
    I thought last night was the classic example of running out of gas. And we were still there to the very end of the game. Yes we missed some free throws, took some poor shots, that is expected in learning phase. No one on this team has won before, therefore we will have some pains this season, but we competed right to the very end. I am not sure in a 7 game series, but after watching the game last night, TO is legit.

Yes there are still pieces to obtain for a good run, but the foundation is beginning to build itself very quickly.

And for all the DD haters out there, he played amazing last night, he is playing d, passing the ball, all of which he couldn't do before. Yes everyone will say he took some bad shots, but YOU TELL ME YOU NEVER SPED IN YOUR PARENTS CARS WHEN YOU FIRST GOT YOUR LISCENCE, I call bull shit on that one. He has got the keys and free to play, expect some mistakes, but we got a keeper here.
    wtf are you talking about. how is missing free throws 'expected in learning phase'.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    None lol. Never seen a player like him.

8. Like OldSkoolCool, consmap liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    Here's the difference between the Heat and basically every other team in the league.

If they really want to/need to win a game. They make sure they do just enough to ensure they walk away with the W. They don't miss 9 free throws and lose by 5. They come up with big shots down the stretch to win by 5.
    So the Heat didnt want to or need to win the other 8 games they lost this year? They didnt do just enough to win those games. And Im sure those the loss early to Brooklyn or recently to Indiana were games they really wanted. Raps dont have the talent to beat Miami in a series or most nights but playing like last night they wont be pushed around either. The losing streak to the big three soon too shall pass.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    He won't go for an extension as he can get an extra year if he re-signs in the off-season outright. He'll be asking for 10 Mil, Raps counter with 9 so he'll get around 9.5/year for 4 years. Book it.
    The problem with this scenario is the now very real possibility that Lowry makes the All-Star game. If he does, then he's asking $12m, not $10m, and he'll get it somewhere, and he's not worth $12m.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone else really impressed with Ross' defense on LBJ? He contested just about everything and was on him like a shadow most of the time.
    @jerboat

12. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a conditioning issue with the Raptors that we are not aware of? I noticed too how guys like Amir, Lowry and DD were running out of gas at the end of the game. Miami was coming back off a back to back.. The Raptors had a day of rest.

It's not like the Heat have bruisers in the paint that would slow you down.

Free throws aside, if the Raptors had their legs in the 4th they would have probably won.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic: anyone else keeping tabs on James Johnson? guy is ballin right now.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

15. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Is there a conditioning issue with the Raptors that we are not aware of? I noticed too how guys like Amir, Lowry and DD were running out of gas at the end of the game. Miami was coming back off a back to back.. The Raptors had a day of rest.

Free throws aside, if the Raptors had their legs in the 4th they would have probably won.
    Maybe Bosh invited them to his place and slipped something into their mai tais

17. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

I think this exact reason is why a lot of teams don't stay big against a small-ball lineup. It's not necessarily that their isn't an advantage, it's that a bigman gets winded quicker when he's having to chase a smaller player around. For example, there were an number of plays where Amir was guarding LeBron on the perimeter, and that is going to take a toll.

19. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    I've noticed. Always liked him in Toronto, figured he should be getting solid minutes on any team

21. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I've noticed. Always liked him in Toronto, figured he should be getting solid minutes on any team
    Yeah, seems like he knows his role now. Always tried to do too much when he was here. Glad he found a team.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic Starter OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote delman21 wrote: View Post
    Now I will admit, in the FIRST HALF, DeMar was fantastic. He did everything right.

But, like the story has been for years, he is consistently inconsistent, and we saw him come out in the fourth and fall into some good old Drew League habits and missed like 5 straight shots trying to ISO ball. He killed us in the fourth. Sure he has the "keys", but he is a drunk driver, more likely to kill someone than make it home safe. I'm done with low IQ basketball players. They don't have a spot on my armchair GM team.

I don't hate DeRozan the person, nobody on this board hates him as a person, so to say "DeRozan Haters" is wrong. We don't like how he plays the game...which has nothing to do with him as a human being.

For Example) It's like when you're at the Y, and your friend is this 6'10" and does nothing but shoot fade away threes, even though he is 8" taller than everyone else. Do I "hate" him?? No, but I can't stand the way he plays the game. Same goes with DD.

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Ya I was a huge Johnson fan. Our defense took a massive hit after he left. One of Colangelo's many cock-ups not keeping him around on a cheap deal.

Thread Information