Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1004

Thread: Battle of the Atlantic

  1. #641
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    With a aging roster in the Nets ... Do you think they will blow their load just to win the division or do they know they have a team built for the playoffs and will rest some bodies ?
    First off, welcome aboard. Regarding the aging nets…we hear about this a lot but does it still hold water? Garnett is old but he's been doing a good job of being old. He hasn't played in a while and the nets seem to be doing just fine with out him Pierce? Old too but he just hangs out on the perimeter and drops game winning shots. From there, you've got Deron, Johnson and Plumlee in the starting 5…not so creaky. I think as we get to spaced out playoff games, it's time to put this perceived deficit to bed.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot. (Update....we did it)

  2. #642
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    We'll just have to steal one of games 3 or 4 in Brooklyn.
    And they just have to steal one of games 1 and 2 from us.

  3. #643
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    And they just have to steal one of games 1 and 2 from us.
    What I meant was that, if we come out flat in game 1 and lose, we'd have to win either game 3 or 4 to gain home court advantage back.

    Not an impossible task.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #644
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Btw, when did they take down our Atlantic Division Champ banner from ACC? Last time I was there I was looking for it and saw only the Inaugural Season one hanging there.
    Proper thing.

    Only banners that should go up are Conference winners and the obvious one.

    if you didn't win it in the playoffs, who cares?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  5. #645
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Proper thing.

    Only banners that should go up are Conference winners and the obvious one.

    if you didn't win it in the playoffs, who cares?
    Agreed. It has TL's fingerprints all over it.

  6. #646
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Proper thing.

    Only banners that should go up are Conference winners and the obvious one.

    if you didn't win it in the playoffs, who cares?
    Probably took it down to make place for the one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  7. #647
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What I meant was that, if we come out flat in game 1 and lose, we'd have to win either game 3 or 4 to gain home court advantage back.

    Not an impossible task.
    OHHHH okay. Yea that's true.

  8. #648
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This happened to Brooklyn, they may never be the some.... WHO IS THIS WILD MAN????

    http://www.nba.com/video/games/bobca...-cha-recap.nba

  9. #649
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So the magic number on clinching over Brooklyn is now 10, with 11 games remaining.

    As well, the magic number to clinch the tie-breaker (wins within division) over Brooklyn is now 3. This means 3 atlantic division game wins by Toronto or losses by Brooklyn and we win the tie-breaker over Brooklyn, which will reduce the real magic number by 1.
    The magic number to clinch the second tie-breaker (wins within conference) is 7, which will in turn reduce the first tie-breaker by 1.
    tank-agnostic

  10. #650
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is the positive of facing the Nets in first round that we will get prime TV times on U.S networks .. Raptors vs Wizards will not be a sexy watch for getting a TV audience ..

  11. #651
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    Is the positive of facing the Nets in first round that we will get prime TV times on U.S networks .. Raptors vs Wizards will not be a sexy watch for getting a TV audience ..
    I would rather play the wizards and get through the first round quietly than be embarrassed on national TV losing to the Nets.

  12. #652
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I would rather play the wizards and get through the first round quietly than be embarrassed on national TV losing to the Nets.
    You mean, embarrass the Nets on National TV when we beat them?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  13. Like Letter N, thead liked this post
  14. #653
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    You mean, embarrass the Nets on National TV when we beat them?
    Yes high risk high reward .. No National TV audience in the U.S and so beating Nets might give them more TV dates in the U.S
    next season .

  15. #654
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lolknicks


    Twitter - @thekid_it

  16. Like BigCamB liked this post
  17. #655
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sooo, I was at a party in Oklahoma, I am from Missouri. I play rugby and we were partying with the other team, being nice and having a good time. Then one of my teammates, Black Luke, passes out in the front yard, cops are called. My entire team and the OU team sprint out of the house jumping/ plowing through fences until we think we are far enough away from the police. Three of us wander off to Papa John's. Whilst there we pick a fight with a FIJI (fraternity) pledge, who calls his entire pledge class to try and take us, fighting ensues. My teammates and I pretty much keep the fight tied for being outnumbered and eventually make it back to the party, where we find four of our teammates eating peanut butter off of a girl's foot, in order to become "pirates". We all eventually pass out at the house. Next morning we wake up to our captain kicking in the door screaming "I woke up and all I saw was bushes. It's time to go!" We all packed up and got outta Oklahom

  18. #656
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Sooo, I was at a party in Oklahoma, I am from Missouri. I play rugby and we were partying with the other team, being nice and having a good time. Then one of my teammates, Black Luke, passes out in the front yard, cops are called. My entire team and the OU team sprint out of the house jumping/ plowing through fences until we think we are far enough away from the police. Three of us wander off to Papa John's. Whilst there we pick a fight with a FIJI (fraternity) pledge, who calls his entire pledge class to try and take us, fighting ensues. My teammates and I pretty much keep the fight tied for being outnumbered and eventually make it back to the party, where we find four of our teammates eating peanut butter off of a girl's foot, in order to become "pirates". We all eventually pass out at the house. Next morning we wake up to our captain kicking in the door screaming "I woke up and all I saw was bushes. It's time to go!" We all packed up and got outta Oklahom

    Random post of the night.

  19. #657
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    You mean, embarrass the Nets on National TV when we beat them?
    I truly hope you are right if we plays the Nets but my head tells me it's not likely.

  20. #658
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not Atlantic but man oh man.. Philly up 32 in the 4th. Detroit is seriously imploding.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  21. #659
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess philly doesn't want the record. Meanwhile, cheer for Atlanta. The sooner the Knicks have nothing to play for ....

  22. #660
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I feel bad for Detroit fans having to watch this sad team. Smith and Jennings are the true brick brothers of the NBA

    Combined IQ of a rock

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •