Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    But Dallas also looked like a horrible defensive team tonight. If this is how they play defense I have no clue how they're even in the playoff picture in the West.
    All Dallas does is score which is the theme of most Western conference teams
    The east is a more slow pace game and low scoring
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

After watching this Dallas game I cannot be any more sure that I DO NOT want Raptors playing Brooklyn in the playoffs. We definitely won't get out of the first round if we do. They have way too many guys that can hit big shots and they play some really good defense and know when to turn it up. They are just dominating Dallas down the stretch of the 4th and so far in the overtime.
      I absolutely do not want to play these guys! They never give up and always make clutch shots! We need to hold onto the 3rd seed and let the bulls face them

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I absolutely do not want to play these guys! They never give up and always make clutch shots! We need to hold onto the 3rd seed and let the bulls face them
        We really do! The same way we don't give up Brooklyn does the same. And they close out games better because they have three guys in Williams, Pierce and Joe Johnson that hit tough shot after tough shot. But the biggest thing about them is they play really good D, like lockdown defense when they need to. We struggle to score against some of the worst defensive teams much less Brooklyn. People are making this big deal about Brooklyn having a hard schedule coming up with all the back to back and some tough teams. I think they'll come out of that stretch just fine if this is the way they're playing now. We have to take care of our business and beat these crappy teams we are going to be playing in the next week or two. We need to keep that 3rd seed so we can face Washington. I don't see Washington beating out Chicago or Brooklyn for the 4th or 5th seed with they way those two teams are playing. But this is just me worrying again as usual. Brooklyn and Chicago just really impress me with their pose. We are getting there but we aren't quite there yet.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• poise*
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The nets are way too good now. They're consistency is incredible. Can't remember the last time they lost a game...

Comment

• Dallas had that game won. Their execution down the sretch was brutal. They kept giving the ball to Dirk who was ICE COLD.

Anyway, as for a potential Nets/Raptors series. I think we can beat these guys. Very important to get home court advantage though.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• fucking hate Nets.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Boo Dallas

Comment

• Dirk, how could you do this to us...

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      Dirk, how could you do this to us...
                      Dirk NoBrickzki

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Dirk NoBrickzki
                        Lol seriously
                        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Dallas had that game won. Their execution down the sretch was brutal. They kept giving the ball to Dirk who was ICE COLD.

Anyway, as for a potential Nets/Raptors series. I think we can beat these guys. Very important to get home court advantage though.
                          You really think so? What makes you think we can take them? Serious question. I just really don't see it. The only thing we have over them is youth and that doesn't really do you as much good in the playoffs as it does in the regular season. Also our 3 best players probably won't have fresh legs because they log a lot of minutes or are banged up and won't get anytime to let their injuries heal (Amir, Demar and Kyle). So our youth might not do much for us in terms of having fresh springy legs going into the playoffs. And I don't think we have the coaching advantage anymore because Jason Kidd has really improved and we all know how foolish Casey is at times.

Comment

You really think so? What makes you think we can take them? Serious question. I just really don't see it. The only thing we have over them is youth and that doesn't really do you as much good in the playoffs as it does in the regular season. Also our 3 best players probably won't have fresh legs because they log a lot of minutes or are banged up and won't get anytime to let their injuries heal (Amir, Demar and Kyle). So our youth might not do much for us in terms of having fresh springy legs going into the playoffs. And I don't think we have the coaching advantage anymore because Jason Kidd has really improved and we all know how foolish Casey is at times.
                            I don't want to play Nets either. But that point about fresh legs is not exclusive to Raptors. Nets are playing a lot more intense. Joe Johnson played 37 minutes tonight. Derrick Williams played 41. Pierce with 30 min. And now AK is out so who knows what happens to him. KG is on and off with his back. So you gotta apply that logic to Nets as well. They ARE more experienced in playoffs. And they can get hot.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I don't want to play Nets either. But that point about fresh legs is not exclusive to Raptors. Nets are playing a lot more intense. Joe Johnson played 37 minutes tonight. Derrick Williams played 41. Pierce with 30 min. And now AK is out so who knows what happens to him. KG is on and off with his back. So you gotta apply that logic to Nets as well. They ARE more experienced in playoffs. And they can get hot.
                              Very true. I didn't realize their guys were logging those kind of minutes as well.

Comment

• Hopefully when Garnett comes back he messes them up somehow. He has been awful on both ends in games I've watched so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X