Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    How is it not a foul? Plumlee never did touch the ball, he just pushed LBJ's hand back off of the ball.

I really worry about playing the veteran Nets team in the 1st round, largely because of them having all the calls go their way.
    Exactly my concerns. I think we will get fair shake from officials vs Wizards.

Comment

• Plumlee totally touched the ball....

If there was a foul it would be with his left hand on the body.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Exactly my concerns. I think we will get fair shake from officials vs Wizards.
        Yup. I can see Demar and Lowry getting more calls than Wall and Beal. Gortat will be tough but nothing compared to the Nets and their 'vet' calls

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Plumlee totally touched the ball....

If there was a foul it would be with his left hand on the body.

LOL.

http://giant.gfycat.com/SereneTartIchthyosaurs.gif

Did we watch the same game? He might have touched ball with his pinkie finger, the rest is all LB's hand.
          Last edited by Vlade Divac; Wed Apr 9, 2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• sweet

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

sweet
              How about since jan1? I thought Brooklyn had more than us?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                How about since jan1? I thought Brooklyn had more than us?
                i think dec 8th is the day we traded gay though?

but yeah, apparently brooklyn's pretty hot.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I really worry about playing the veteran Nets team in the 1st round, largely because of them having all the calls go their way.
                  Exactly what I've been saying. Anyone who wants to play the Nets in the first round is delusional. Nets will get every call. Raps won't even be in the series.

Comment

• Little note about last nights Heat-Nets game: Scott Foster was reffing.

I haven't seen a game that's well reffed by this guy so far this year. He's easily among the worst refs in the league right now. And every game he makes at least one or two calls that leave you totally flabbergasted.

I mean, last play aside...There was a play much earlier in the game where Bosh shot an airball (at least I'm like 95% sure it was, they didn't show a replay). The 2 refs closest to it let play continue without resetting the clock (so they clearly thought it was an airball)...Then like after 2-3 seconds, Foster, the trail ref farthest from the play and with the worst view blows his whistle, and stops play so he can reset the clock. It was truly terrible as it made no sense whatsoever.

Comment

• Vlade Divac wrote: View Post
                      LOL.

http://giant.gfycat.com/SereneTartIchthyosaurs.gif

Did we watch the same game? He might have touched ball with his pinkie finger, the rest is all LB's hand.
                      But isn't the rule that after the ball has left the hand, hand-to-hand contact is okay as long as it's not violent or excessive? It's only contact on wrist and forearm that is automatically a foul after the ball has left the hand.

Here's a league memo that I think is applicable:
                      http://www.nba.com/media/Point_of_Co...an_27_2014.pdf

Comment

• Yes there is, but as you can see on the still frame ball is in LB's hand and More Plumlee's fingers are on his hand than on the ball

Comment

• e. Contact which occurs on the hand of the offensive player, while that hand is in contact with the ball, is legal.
                          Rule 12B, Section I-e.

Plumlee's block is legal.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Magic number to clinch the Atlantic is now 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Magic number to clinch the Atlantic is now 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yessir we gonna beat the Knicks up Friday and wrap up the Atlantic division crown!
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Rule 12B, Section I-e.

Plumlee's block is legal.
                                Thank you, hand is part of the ball.

As an aside, man those nickname jerseys are dumb. I can understand the sales pitch though. King James! Birdman! J. Shuttlesworth! But then you get CB, JJ, D Wade, Plums, KG, D Will. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X