No announcement yet.

Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. Wow I hope we blow out the Clips like we did last year. I was at that game and it was a lot of fun! Cp3 is out, but we will have to worry about Blake and Deandre Jordan.

But man oh man, the Brooklyn game on Monday is going to be a really important one.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• brooklyn just won by 1 point. god damnit

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        brooklyn just won by 1 point. god damnit
        shit, teletovic with 34 too .

Comment

• just shitty that we could have easily been 25-17 right now

Comment

• State of the Atlantic Division, Date: 1/24/2014

Fellow Raps fans, after the victory on Friday night against the Tank-er-iffic 76ers, here are the standings as I post:

Toronto 22 20 .524 0 12 11-9 11-11 7-2 15-12 6-4 98.7 96.2 2.5 W-2
            *Brooklyn 19 22 .463 3 14 12-9 7-13 4-3 12-14 9-1 97.6 100.3 -2.7 W-4
            *New York 16 27 .372 7 18 8-15 8-12 2-6 13-16 5-5 95.9 99.3 -3.4 W-1
            Boston 15 30 .333 9 20 9-13 6-17 3-2 12-14 2-8 95.1 98.9 -3.8 L-1
            Philadelphia 14 29 .326 9 20 8-13 6-16 2-5 9-18 2-8 101.3 109.7 -8.4 L-1

Brooklyn is the team to watch out for since they have started themselves one torrid run that can potentially knock us out of first place. They might be old, but they are loaded with talented, experienced, and still-hungry old C**tic players we respect and hate in the likes of Garnett and Pierce. Why are they playing well? D-Will is back and eating some good humble pie by rehabbing this play from the bench with good efficiency. Mirza Teletovic with 34pts via 7-11 3pt range against the Mavs shows us that he has found his well-suited role in the Nets offence (remember Bostjan Nachbar? He now has taken the mantle of that bastard and might be the guy firing back-breaking 3s on us). Also Alan Anderson, A. Blatche, and S. Livingston understand their roles to help their team. Brooklyn looks like they are playing a different brand of basketball after they beat the Heat a few weeks ago.

NY Knicks might start a run.....Wha? No I am not kidding. They have Chandler and Melo back, and Bargnani is maybe injured. When Bargnani is injured, teams tend to make a 4 to 5 game run without his non-passionate play on defense. I know it's terrible to kick a player when he gets injured, but I was not guilty to yell out "YESSSSSSS", last year when Bargnani got injured and allowed Ed Davis to take all his minutes. I might be wrong, but I bet you the Knicks will tell Bargs to sit for the next 2 weeks and they go on a good run.

I hope the Raps keep finding ways to win as much as they can handle and keep the top of the Atlantic division. The big Key game is against the Nets in the Barklays Center with KG and D-Will, so the true test is about to happen. Cheer them on guys!!

Comment

just shitty that we could have easily been 25-17 right now
              If only we stopped playing the other teams style
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Off topic, but wow Pacers got so lucky last night with that 4 point play. What are the odds of that happening?
                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Battle of the Atlantic

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                  Off topic, but wow Pacers got so lucky last night with that 4 point play. What are the odds of that happening?
                  Paul George, man.

To be honest the real question is how did Isaiah and Thornton go off for 40ish a piece?

Comment

• 1) demar injured for the first time in a billion years with no timetable on returning
                    2) our record being shaky at best struggling to get any cushion above .500
                    3) atlanta doesn't seem to be sinking
                    4) chicago,washington and brooklyn all surging

just getting tougher as the season progresses, instead of easier as some people kept saying. can't see us beating brooklyn without demar. even orlando is questionable at this point. and to close off january we'll probably lose against denver somehow. that will take us down to below .500.

Comment

• If anyone is interested boston brooklyn is on tsn2. Ugly ugly game.

Comment

• a nets loss tonight would be huge for us

Comment

• with the knicks beating the lakers and brooklyn *probably* gonna beat boston (score is still pretty close), its still a damn shame we couldnt beat either team last week. i still want us to have a decent 5-10 game cushion ahead of brooklyn but i just dont see that happening anymore, especially with DD out and with us back on shaky, inconsistent ground.

Comment

with the knicks beating the lakers and brooklyn *probably* gonna beat boston (score is still pretty close), its still a damn shame we couldnt beat either team last week. i still want us to have a decent 5-10 game cushion ahead of brooklyn but i just dont see that happening anymore, especially with DD out and with us back on shaky, inconsistent ground.
                            we will just have to wait and see how they fair without derozan tomorrow. Who knows, maybe they might come out firing and put up a close game. After all, we are the only team to beat the nets this year.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              If anyone is interested boston brooklyn is on tsn2. Ugly ugly game.
                              Yeah, its a crapshow thus far.

KG and Pierce pre-game was gave me chills though.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• well, brooklyn won

Comment

Working...
                                X