Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1004

Thread: Battle of the Atlantic

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Do you there's any chance that Knicks will finish first in Atlantic?
    There's ALWAYS a chance. Do we need to bring up Jim Carrey again?
    #FREE

  2. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
  3. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Both the Knicks and Nets have been playing better as of late. There's more than enough season left for either of those teams to get ahead of us for the division title.

  4. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we lost to the pacers and knicks just won another one. in a few days they just jumped from second last in the east to 11th. brooklyn just jumped up to 9th. things can change fast.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:39 PM.

  5. #44
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Watch out now!...the Nets are heating up. They've won four in a row including wins over OKC and the red hot Warriors (9 game win streak broken). Things might be interesting in the Atlantic after all.

    Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Jan 9th, 2014 at 12:15 AM.

  6. #45
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting '5-on-5' discussion about the Atlantic Division on ESPN today.

    LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-king-new-york


    I love Windhorst's answer to #5! haha

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Interesting '5-on-5' discussion about the Atlantic Division on ESPN today.

    LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-king-new-york


    I love Windhorst's answer to #5! haha
    Really just a discussion on NY teams. It doesn't even claim to be about the atlantic.

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks just beat the Heat.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Knicks just beat the Heat.
    knicks are on a serious roll. not looking good for the raps, who struggled just trying to beat the shitty pistons.

  10. #49
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Knicks just beat the Heat.
    Heat played horrible. So many turnovers. They looked out of sync offensively for some reason. I don't think they were ready to play to be honest. And Chris Bosh AGAIN crapped the bed on National TV. What an embarassing performance.

    Another thing that i noticed about the Heat, Dwyane Wade for a 31 year old really plays like an old man. He's clearly not the same "Flash" anymore. 31 years old is not old. Kobe when he was 31 years old was putting up 40-50 pts a game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  11. #50
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    knicks are on a serious roll. not looking good for the raps, who struggled just trying to beat the shitty pistons.
    I don't know it they "struggled" per say or just didn't take them seriously. Because they blew them out in the second half, but I get what you're saying.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Heat played horrible. So many turnovers. They looked out of sync offensively for some reason. I don't think they were ready to play to be honest. And Chris Bosh AGAIN crapped the bed on National TV. What an embarassing performance.

    Another thing that i noticed about the Heat, Dwyane Wade for a 31 year old really plays like an old man. He's clearly not the same "Flash" anymore. 31 years old is not old. Kobe when he was 31 years old was putting up 40-50 pts a game.
    Yeah, and Wade also 0/6 from the FT line. Knicks entire offence is 3's. Shumpert/Felton and Melo were just bombing away.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @IanBegley: J.R. Smith was asked if he believes his future is w/the #Knicks: "Honestly, I don't even know at this point. At one point I was for sure."
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    @IanBegley: J.R. Smith was asked if he believes his future is w/the #Knicks: "Honestly, I don't even know at this point. At one point I was for sure."
    lol
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  15. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks are better without JR.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Knicks are better without JR.
    Good to see Woodson finally putting the hammer down.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  17. #56
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Interesting '5-on-5' discussion about the Atlantic Division on ESPN today.

    LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-king-new-york


    I love Windhorst's answer to #5! haha
    Who will win the Atlantic?

    Begley: The Knicks. Recent results aside, I'm still pretty convinced that Toronto will trade away more assets and waive the Wiggins Flag on this season. That will leave a void at the top. The Knicks, presuming they continue to get healthy, are in better position for regular-season success than the Nets, due to Lopez's and Williams' health issues.



    I really have a hard time believing that MU would blow up this team(if they keep winning and i think they will) just to land in the lottery. Not gonna happen.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  18. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Who will win the Atlantic?

    Begley: The Knicks. Recent results aside, I'm still pretty convinced that Toronto will trade away more assets and waive the Wiggins Flag on this season. That will leave a void at the top. The Knicks, presuming they continue to get healthy, are in better position for regular-season success than the Nets, due to Lopez's and Williams' health issues.



    I really have a hard time believing that MU would blow up this team(if they keep winning and i think they will) just to land in the lottery. Not gonna happen.
    depends on whether he thinks the raptors can actually sustain a .500 record the whole way. honestly i think its doubtful. if they start dropping, where is that going to leave them? no mans land, the one place MU promised we won't be in. right now, the nets literally have to just win 3 games and we have to lose 3 games and all of sudden they become 4th in the east. the knicks are also RIGHT behind them. there are a lot more games to go and thats definitely possible.

    even philly is only 5 games behind now.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 9th, 2014 at 11:39 PM.

  19. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    depends on whether he thinks the raptors can actually sustain a .500 record the whole way. honestly i think its doubtful. if they start dropping, where is that going to leave them? no mans land, the one place MU promised we won't be in. right now, the nets literally have to just win 3 games and we have to lose 3 games and all of sudden they become 4th in the atlantic. the knicks are also RIGHT behind them. there are a lot more games to go and thats definitely possible.

    even philly is only 5 games behind now.
    First of all, Philly and Boston shouldn't even be in this discussion. They're all about the lottery this year. I give them 0 chance of overtaking the Raptors in the division/standings.

    As for the Nets winning streak? don't let it fool you. They're a bad team. They caught the Warriors at the right time last night. Warriors looked tired. 2nd game of the back to back. Last game of their 7 game Eastern Conference road trip.

    Knicks are the ONLY team in the division the Raps should be worry about.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  20. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    First of all, Philly and Boston shouldn't even be in this discussion. They're all about the lottery this year. I give them 0 chance of overtaking the Raptors in the division/standings.

    As for the Nets winning streak? don't let it fool you. They're a bad team. They caught the Warriors at the right time last night. Warriors looked tired. 2nd game of the back to back. Last game of their 7 game Eastern Conference road trip.

    Knicks are the ONLY team in the division the Raps should be worry about.
    the very fact that a tanking team is only 5 games behind (and boston only 4) should speak volumes as to how stable our position really is.

  21. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    the very fact that a tanking team is only 5 games behind (and boston only 4) should speak volumes as to how stable our position really is.
    Because the Raps started the season like a tanking team. 6-13 with Rudy Gay. 11-4 after the trade.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •