No announcement yet.

Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Hollinger odds of winning the division went from 89% to 97% last night.

All we need is to beat Philly, then 4 other Toronto wins or Brooklyn losses. Games against Milwaukee and Detroit should easily count for 3 of those, and then Nets @ Miami should be the other.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      Our Hollinger odds of winning the division went from 89% to 97% last night.

All we need is to beat Philly, then 4 other Toronto wins or Brooklyn losses. Games against Milwaukee and Detroit should easily count for 3 of those, and then Nets @ Miami should be the other.
      i'm more worried about Chicago.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
        i'm more worried about Chicago.
        Same. I think we keep the division but I think we for sure drop to 4th after taking a look at Chicago's schedule, especially with the way they're playing.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Same. I think we keep the division but I think we for sure drop to 4th after taking a look at Chicago's schedule, especially with the way they're playing.
          If we play Washington I am ok but otherwise...

Comment

• 4th place and bring on BK.

To be the best you gotta beat the best!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Does anyone think that maybe BKN will do what they "need to" in order to meet the Raps in the first round? Don't tell me they'd rather face the Bulls. If we somehow maintain the 3rd seed, and BKN gets the chance to fall to 6th, will they take it? And yes, I mean lose on purpose.

I don't think they are doing it now of course, given we are tied with CHI and we could easily drop to 4th and thus meet BKN in the 1st round, but if they needed to lose in the last couple of games in order to match up with us in the 1st round, do you think they would intentionally lose to get what they may consider a more favourable matchup?

Good observation. If that indeed occurs, that would mean Washington falls to 5th. We can easily fall to 4th, so problem solved.

But honestly, if it comes down to that, so be it. Bring it on
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                4th place and bring on BK.

To be the best you gotta beat the best!

Miami is the best
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Miami is the best
                  2nd round baby!!!

Comment

• I am so not used to this...talking about playoff seeding and whatnot....sorry....carry on
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LOL. Now that the Knicks are in the 8th spot. ESPN is now talking about them as possibly the biggest threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

LOL. Now that the Knicks are in the 8th spot. ESPN is now talking about them as possibly the biggest threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference.
                        LOL. I can't figure out whether I want the Knicks in the playoffs or not. While I would greatly enjoy seeing them miss the playoffs, I think I might get even more enjoyment out of watching Miami or Indy slaughter them in 4 or 5 games. Tough call.

Comment

LOL. Now that the Knicks are in the 8th spot. ESPN is now talking about them as possibly the biggest threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference.
                          Im Willing to Bet money that MIAMI would beat them in 5 with an average margin of victory at 15 ppg

Im sure a team that can barely get into the playoffs in a weak eastern conference has no chance against a 2-time defending champs
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Melo leads regular season series 11-9
                            Lebron leads playoff series 4-1

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=jamesle01

I love when those two face off, even if that "rivalry" never lived up to the hype that it was sold on.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              LOL. I can't figure out whether I want the Knicks in the playoffs or not. While I would greatly enjoy seeing them miss the playoffs, I think I might get even more enjoyment out of watching Miami or Indy slaughter them in 4 or 5 games. Tough call.
                              I'd love to see NY finish 9th in the EC, missing the playoffs by a single game, then watching Denver draft a future all-star with NY's 1st round pick! LOL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I'm not willing to take the chance in the playoffs, with Carmelo and all. I want them in 9th for sure.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X