Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next two games -Opportunity to gain media and league wide legitamacy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    guys, no one expects us to beat both Miami and Indiana , even if we put up a fight I'll be real proud
    ya but your right these two games would be great tho
    Yeah basically. Team has the fans excited..heck I've used the "we're going streaking" gif more then I care to admit in past week...BUT were realistic... Forced to be so after years of A the team post VC...and would be doing back flips if we take one of these games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      And we match up terribly with the Heat. Absolutely terribly. Every time we play lebron I feel like he steps up a level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This will be an interesting test of whether Casey has actually taken a step forward as a coach. Earlier against the heat we were killing them inside with Amir and JV in the first quarter, and of course, Casey went away from it the entire rest of the game to "match up" with Miami.

Since we (or anyone else) cant "match up" with Miami, we are better to explout the mismatches we have and realize we will have mismatches the other way.

Good teams make other teams react to them, not vice versa. Lets see if Casey is up to the challenge.

Comment

A few things...

Lets not forget, that one of torontos wins, to get them in this excited state, is against one of these teams, so saying that its a possibility that Toronto can beat Indiana is completely fair, they just beat them.

second, Miami hasnt been lighting it up lately, who knows why, so a win there isn't impossible.

These two indisputable facts aside, consider that a while ago, before this 5 game stretch, most thought at best toronto comes out 2-3, or 1-4, and easily 0-5.

Worst case now is 3-2.

I'm ok with that. but I think toronto gets a split here.... ends 4-1.

Miami see's a hot up and coming team.... they will wanna assert themselves on Toronto, expect an effort. Indiana, just got beat by Toronto, they are on their home court, they will likely be very, very motivated to get that loss avanged.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          But damn would I love it if we won. Especially against the least likeable team in the league.
          We're playing the Nets again?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Can the Raps be real serious contenders this year? These next two games that most will expect us to loss could put us on the path to credibility across North America and perhaps lead to increased national TV broadcasts? What are your thought? Can they get at least one win? Or two?
            Relax. Why do y'all care about how the team is perceived, sometimes more than how they play the game?

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post
              Relax. Why do y'all care about how the team is perceived, sometimes more than how they play the game?
              Because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

There's a very fitting article at the end of the latest Sportsnet magazine issue that talks about Toronto fans' mind states, and how we love the hard working guy, grinders but are always like an ugly guy who landed the hot chick when we get a superstar. We feel like they're better than us and we're always worried they'll leave us, or are more worried about what others are saying than to just relax and enjoy our time with them.

It's the same here, we're winning, but we're not used to winning, so we're worried. Do others know that we're winning? Are they talking about us? I hope they're talking about us? What do you think they're saying? I hope they like us.

Comment

This will be a test to Dwane Casey's coaching ability as well. Last meetings vs. the Heat, he failed big time as he was trying to play small ball against the best small ball team in the league, while the Raptors led most of the game playing big with Amir and Jonas dominating inside.

But the ball movement is so much better once Gay was traded. I expect a close game, hopefully a win. I believe the closest we got to beating them was the first time we played them where Bargs dominated Bosh.

I would also love to see how Ross matchups w/ Lebron. Ross shut down Paul George this week (was it Ross who was also guarding KD in OKC?).

Comment

This will be a test to Dwane Casey's coaching ability as well. Last meetings vs. the Heat, he failed big time as he was trying to play small ball against the best small ball team in the league, while the Raptors led most of the game playing big with Amir and Jonas dominating inside.

But the ball movement is so much better once Gay was traded. I expect a close game, hopefully a win. I believe the closest we got to beating them was the first time we played them where Bargs dominated Bosh.

I would also love to see how Ross matchups w/ Lebron. Ross shut down Paul George this week (was it Ross who was also guarding KD in OKC?).

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                      Lebron will tear him in two. thats one mathc up not really anyone in the NBA wants. Lebron is unstoppable.

Comment

If Wade plays, I think Ross is a better match up against him and not Lebron. I think he can keep him in check for the most part, but not shut him down. DeMar will have to guard Lebron with some help from the bigs. If we can keep Bosh and Wade in check I think we have a chance to win. Lebron's gonna do what he's going to do. We may have a Fields sighting this game for defensive purposes, and I also expect to see a lot zone.

As others have said, this will be a good game for Casey to show his stuff.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                          If Wade plays, I think Ross is a better match up against him and not Lebron. I think he can keep him in check for the most part, but not shut him down. DeMar will have to guard Lebron with some help from the bigs. If we can keep Bosh and Wade in check I think we have a chance to win. Lebron's gonna do what he's going to do. We may have a Fields sighting this game for defensive purposes, and I also expect to see a lot zone.

As others have said, this will be a good game for Casey to show his stuff.
                          Someone on here said earlier that Salmons will probably be tasked with guarding Lebron later on in the game.
                          It wouldn't be pretty watching T Ross trying to keep Lebron from backing down in the post.
                          OG is our king

Comment

I think it would be best to have DD guarding LBJ to prevent the post ups. Ross on Wade for speed. Beating the Heat means beating everyone on the team except LBJ (because you can't). Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh are the ones we need to put our best defenders on.

Its really a nightmare situation either way to guard them.

Comment

Being NBA's only non-American team puts us in a unique situation. Garnering national US attention is important in the sense it increases opportunities for TNT ABC and ESPN broadcasts and awareness in many areas where some people are unaware or indifferent towards our city and team. It may increase the odds of attracting free agents.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                There's a very fitting article at the end of the latest Sportsnet magazine issue that talks about Toronto fans' mind states, and how we love the hard working guy, grinders but are always like an ugly guy who landed the hot chick when we get a superstar. We feel like they're better than us and we're always worried they'll leave us, or are more worried about what others are saying than to just relax and enjoy our time with them.

It's the same here, we're winning, but we're not used to winning, so we're worried. Do others know that we're winning? Are they talking about us? I hope they're talking about us? What do you think they're saying? I hope they like us.
                                I was thinking the same thing the other day. The way some people are advocating for trading our core saying this winning is not "sustainable" is very similar to a guy who's been cheated on by every single one of his girlfriends. Then when he gets the perfect girl he is paranoid that she will cheat eventually, "she can't be this faithful! It's not sustainable! It's only a matter of time!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X