No announcement yet.

Sherman Hamilton and Paul Jones are fools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Craig, I know you met them once and they might be great guys in person and hell they seem like nice enough guys, but if you're on TV then your job is to please the audience, that's it, end of story. If they aren't pleasing the audience (us) then we get to shit on them.

That's how that industry works. I don't care if you played for Team Canada, won 6 NBA championships, or if you just really like the game, if you get on TV, or write an article or put out a podcast then I get to tell you if I'm feeling you or not. And if you want to be on the highest level, broadcasting to millions, then you better come with it at a level higher than cliche questions and boring back and forth or people will tune out or complain, or both. So all the accolades and actual bball knowledge means nothing if you can't show that knowledge to me in the job that you have now.

"baby boy you only funky as your last cut, you focus on the past your ass will be a has what"

Comment

ya i already said Sherm seemed like he should be calling CIAU ball, what the fuck more do you want, do you read my posts?

My issue is with guys calling out their knowledge. Did they cut reading and comprehension directly out of the curriculum after 1985 or what?

:P

Comment

Reading was in there, but they took out the courses where you ramble on about only semi-related topics instead of just admitting you're wrong like a man.

Don't worry, I know it's tough for old dogs to learn new tricks

Comment

I'm not even close to wrong, trust me, just because you type it, it really has no bearing on the reality that its simply bollocks.

Comment

i've listen to a lot of jonesy and smith on the old fan 590 radio broadcasts for 7 years and i really think that jonesy knows his stuff. This is one instance and people make mistakes. I'd rather jonesy and smith do the commentary than leo and matt.

Comment

Jones was my VP in middle school (CR Marchant). Dude was and still is a big fool. Talked nonsensical shit all the time. It's funny as hell when he gets mad though. His moles start pulsating.

Comment

hahaha

Comment

I find my biggest issue is none of the guys offer any real insight. Might be part of the "company line" but the next time one of them sheds some light on something will be the first time.

Also none of the sportscasters do a very good job of hyping up the game. I hated Swirsky as a person but at least there was a little something about when he started yammering about salami and cheese.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I've always thought that to be because of the horrible on court basketball product they were contractually obligated to sit through while talking.

Maybe with a decent product they stay more on task.

Also I really miss jack's Hellllloooooooooooo!
                    It's the best. Who doesn't say a little "HELLOOO!!" when see see a really good looking girl?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      It's the best. Who doesn't say a little "HELLOOO!!" when see see a really good looking girl?
                      Hahaha more than i like to admit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I remember in the early days when Jones and Hamilton would go up there on Raptors TV and have their "Keys to the game", and it would be all about things like "scoring more than the other team", "rebounding more", "passing the ball". I always felt like they could just replay that analysis for every single game and just call it a day. I remember it just being so generic that there really wasn't any reason for them to even have a show in the first place.
                        That's basically what their segment is now.

Comment

It doesn't matter if they can play ball or not. A great basketball player does not make a great TV analyst. Incidentally, not all of them are very good at running franchises, either.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            not all of them are very good at running franchises, either.
                            Aint that the truth.

Comment

no_props_needed wrote: View Post
                              Jones was my VP in middle school (CR Marchant). Dude was and still is a big fool. Talked nonsensical shit all the time. It's funny as hell when he gets mad though. His moles start pulsating.
                              hahaha
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I don't care, Id dunk all over Jack Armstrong's grill, and Matt Devlin can get it too
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X