Eddie Johnson of Hoopshype Ranks top 5 SGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Johnson of Hoopshype Ranks top 5 SGs

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm (video at the top of the page)

1.) James Harden
    2.) Dwyane Wade
    3.) Klay Thompson
    4.) Bradley Beal
    5.) DeMar DeRozan

Thoughts?

I agree, except I'd swap Afflalo for Beal, then switch spots with Klay.

Nosike wrote: View Post

1.) James Harden
    2.) Dwyane Wade
    3.) Klay Thompson
    4.) Bradley Beal
    5.) DeMar DeRozan

Thoughts?

Eddie Johnson is a hack.

Comment

James Harden
      Wade
      Monta
      Klay
      Demar/Afflalo

There's no question, DeMar should be in top 5 SGs discussion.

Comment

And every time I fill out an all-star ballot....man is the East weak. Just in general. It's so hard to pick 5 players who are really obviously deserving of it. I've voted in DeMar a few times....It's really hard to vote in someone else. Can't in good conscience vote Wade in with his wonky knee. Could vote Afflalo in (have once), but really I give DeMar the edge for being part of a better team. Even PG sucks. Usually vote Wall or Lowry. Might give Teague a vote or two if Atlanta stays decent with Horford out.

*Sidenote: Is anyone else filling out lots of ballots this year for the hope of a free trip to New Orleans? Man I'd love to visit there.

Comment

1.) James Harden
          2.) Dwyane Wade
          3.) Klay Thompson
          4.) Bradley Beal
          5.) DeMar DeRozan

Thoughts?

I think EJ is bang on. But if Kobe was healthy, id' still put him #1.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            And every time I fill out an all-star ballot....man is the East weak. Just in general. It's so hard to pick 5 players who are really obviously deserving of it. I've voted in DeMar a few times....It's really hard to vote in someone else. Can't in good conscience vote Wade in with his wonky knee. Could vote Afflalo in (have once), but really I give DeMar the edge for being part of a better team. Even PG sucks. Usually vote Wall or Lowry. Might give Teague a vote or two if Atlanta stays decent with Horford out.
            Ha! My ballot this year is pretty consistent.

West:

Nowitzki
            Griffin
            Durant
            Kobe
            Curry

East:

LeBron
            George
            Melo
            Wade
            Lowry/Irving
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Ha! My ballot this year is pretty consistent.

West:

Nowitzki
              Griffin
              Durant
              Kobe
              Curry

East:

LeBron
              George
              Melo
              Wade
              Lowry/Irving
              Well I have opposite problems for conferences. West is stacked. East is weak. My East frontcourt is usually Bosh, George, LeBron.

Screw Melo. He doesn't make his teammates better. Always been weak in that area. And he's a shit leader. When your franchise player, who's in his 11th season, comes out in the papers and says his team needs better veteran leadership...Well I just facepalmed and decided Melo is the biggest waste of talent of his generation.

And I feel the same about Irving so far in his career. He puts up numbers, and his team loses. He plays with the flair and style of an all-star, but the results just aren't there. It's his 3rd season and his team looks on pace to be about as bad as usual.

Griffin I just feel meh about given the rest of the bigs in the West....Dirk, Aldridge (who definitely deserves it this year, maybe more than any big in the West), Davis (kid's a beast, plain and simple), Howard, Love...And Durant is on every one of my ballots, obviously. Griffin is just flashy to me. I'm very interested to see how he responds with Paul out for maybe a month or more, and if he can take the reigns and keep leading his team to wins. This would really improve how I view him.

My West backcourt always has Curry...And then I rotate Paul and Harden, and I've even given Lillard a couple of votes. Kobe's injuries make me not vote for him, since he also wasn't even close to playing like his old self in the few games he was back. Don't think he'll ever be the same. He's just got too much mileage on that body, and on top of that his stubborn competitive spirit seems to be a problem in his current situation. He clearly came back too soon from the achilles injury.

Anyway, discussion got sidetracked.

For DeMar, like I said...I can't vote in Wade the way he's deteriorating. Especially since I think he'll probably sit out the game anyway.

For Lowry...Well, if Rose and Rondo were healthy they'd probably be obvious choices. They're not. It's pretty wide open. The way Lowry is playing the last month, he's just all over the place, affecting the game in so many areas, and as a person who has been very critical of his leadership, his work there has been the best I've ever seen it. Even seeing an improvement in on-court body language and how he talks to teammates. I've also voted in an all-PG lineup of Wall and Lowry a couple of times.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jan 4, 2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                In no particular order: Harden, Wes Matthews, Afflalo, Thompson, Lance Stephenson.
                Your list is the most efficient SGs in the league, not necessarily the best.

Comment

Your list is the most efficient SGs in the league, not necessarily the best.
                  Not that I agree with his list, but what's the difference between "BEST" and "EFFICIENT"? The latter wins games. What does the former do, score a lot of points?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    Not that I agree with his list, but what's the difference between "BEST" and "EFFICIENT"? The latter wins games. What does the former do, score a lot of points?
                    Efficiency may sometimes be a product of context.

Efficiency does not include defensive capabilities.

Those would be the criticisms I think one could level.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      Efficiency may sometimes be a product of context.

Efficiency does not include defensive capabilities.

Those would be the criticisms I think one could level.
                      This is the key one.

Both Klay and Wes Matthews play with elite PG/PF combos that take significant defensive attention away from them. They are also primarily catch and shoot players, not initiators of offense.

Similar situation for Lance Stephenson where he isn't asked to play a huge scoring role for his team.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the context here is which is better, and it certainly does include defensive capabilities. Brandon listed who he thinks are the best. I don't think he listed Stephenson in there for just his offense.

To me, looking at most of the "best" lists, I see the criteria having more to do with popularity and favorites than actually *better* players.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

I'm pretty sure the context here is which is better, and it certainly does include defensive capabilities. Brandon listed who he thinks are the best. I don't think he listed Stephenson in there for just his offense.

To me, looking at most of the "best" lists, I see the criteria having more to do with popularity and favorites than actually *better* players.
                          Flavours of the month and total points factor in highly.

SG must be at an all time historic low for quality of players.... or is that just me?

Comment

Context as in: what context that player plays in. Is he on a good team? What is his role in the offence.

You asked what the difference between efficient and best is. Efficiency usually wouldn't take defence into account.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

xRevise wrote: View Post
                              Eddie Johnson is a hack.
                              Oh ya, total hack, former NBA player, lived his life either playing or watching the game.... what the hell would he know.

Surely not as much as some kid from Northern Canada.

hahaha. Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X