Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 447

Thread: Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

  1. #341
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Espn's Zachary harper's suggestion for Love:




    I wouldn't risk another 6-7 years of JV or Ross plus 8-9 years of draft picks for 1 year of Love.
    Given that all the other trades are paying a pretty penny, I think the assumption is that Love gives a verbal commitment to extend prior to the trade.

    I want Love as step one in going hard after Durant. We need to start setting the table now.

  2. #342
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To acquire him, cap space would have to be GIANT. Or, via trade, we'd have to give up some picks, and a current core piece like a Ross, or even a DeRozan. Minny lacks wings, they're going to need one.

  3. #343
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ah, I think if we trade for him he'll fall in love with the city, don't think he'll sign here without having a taste though.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  4. #344
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Acquiring Love will help us lure Durant, like Harden in Houston who lured Howard.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  5. #345
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's why they're the Sacramento Kings lol. I mean seriously, why would you trade for Love without assurance that he'll re-sign? it's not like the Kings becomes an instant championship contender with Love.


    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  6. #346
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    That's why they're the Sacramento Kings lol. I mean seriously, why would you trade for Love without assurance that he'll re-sign? it's not like the Kings becomes an instant championship contender with Love.


    LOOOOOOOOOOOL

    What idiots ahahaha

    Let them go ahead and give away Mclemore, 8th pick, Thomas for a 1 year rental ahahaha

    1st they traded for Rudy which was stupid and killed there cap and now they want love without a guarantee

    Who's there GM?
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

  7. #347
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL

    What idiots ahahaha

    Let them go ahead and give away Mclemore, 8th pick, Thomas for a 1 year rental ahahaha

    1st they traded for Rudy which was stupid and killed there cap and now they want love without a guarantee

    Who's there GM?
    did the Kings secretly hire Bryan Colangelo as their advisor?

  8. #348
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    did the Kings secretly hire Bryan Colangelo as their advisor?
    Quick! Trade them Hayes Salmons and Hansborough for first round picks and McLemore!

    BC loves his grizzly ole vets!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  9. #349
    Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not sure if trading JV would be necessary to acquire Love, considering Minny already has Pekovic.

    The most I'd do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. I think this can get it done considering the offers Minny has received so far.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

  10. #350
    Raptors Republic All-Star imanshumpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if trading JV would be necessary to acquire Love, considering Minny already has Pekovic.

    The most I'd do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. I think this can get it done considering the offers Minny has received so far.
    Lol...

    So in your mind JV is worth more than DD/Ross + 2 1sts + Amir...

    Ok man

  11. #351
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Lol...

    So in your mind JV is worth more than DD/Ross + 2 1sts + Amir...

    Ok man
    He said he doesn't think Minny would bite on JV because Pek

  12. #352
    Raptors Republic All-Star imanshumpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    He said he doesn't think Minny would bite on JV because Pek
    I can read, I know he said that.

    He also said, "The most I would do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. With the bold insinuating that he thinks that's less than dealing JV.

  13. #353
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I can read, I know he said that.

    He also said, "The most I would do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. With the bold insinuating that he thinks that's less than dealing JV.
    I think all hotfuzz meant was he wouldn't include JV in any trade package.

    I don't think anyone thinks JV is more valuable than DD/TR + 2 1sts + Amir/PP..... although I think he is the most valuable asset of that collection of assets based on his age, potential, rookie contract, and position played.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  15. #354
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I can read, I know he said that.

    He also said, "The most I would do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. With the bold insinuating that he thinks that's less than dealing JV.
    That's isn't what the bold insinuates. It insinuates that that's what he thinks is necessary for the Wolves to bite on the trade.

  16. #355
    Raptors Republic All-Star imanshumpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok reading that again I think I misread it. Didn't really look at the two blocks of text as two separate ideas, that was my issue.

    Sorry hotfuzz, my bad.

  17. #356
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Lol...

    So in your mind JV is worth more than DD/Ross + 2 1sts + Amir...

    Ok man
    He didn't mean JV alone

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  18. #357
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if trading JV would be necessary to acquire Love, considering Minny already has Pekovic.

    The most I'd do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. I think this can get it done considering the offers Minny has received so far.
    That's probably the package that could get Love.. but it's not a package I'd personally be interested in giving up. That would dismantle the core. 2 starting players and 2 first round draft picks for a guy that can (and probably will) bolt is just too risky for me.

  19. #358
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    That's probably the package that could get Love.. but it's not a package I'd personally be interested in giving up. That would dismantle the core. 2 starting players and 2 first round draft picks for a guy that can (and probably will) bolt is just too risky for me.
    I would hope the deal would be contingent on him opting into at least his player option year. We're not the Kings.

  20. #359
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if trading JV would be necessary to acquire Love, considering Minny already has Pekovic.

    The most I'd do is DD or Ross + 2 first rounders + Amir or PP. I think this can get it done considering the offers Minny has received so far.
    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I would hope the deal would be contingent on him opting into at least his player option year. We're not the Kings.
    DeRozan & Amir & #20 & 2016 1st round pick for Love, with agreement to re-sign, sounds like a pretty fair trade. It would definitely make me think long and hard...

    If Toronto could swing a second deal with a team like Chicago or OKC, to turn garbage into a fat expiring contract and a 1st round pick, that would still enable the Raptors to add a young piece (essentially making the deal DeRozan & Amir & 2016 1st round pick for Love).

  21. #360
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL

    What idiots ahahaha

    Let them go ahead and give away Mclemore, 8th pick, Thomas for a 1 year rental ahahaha

    1st they traded for Rudy which was stupid and killed there cap and now they want love without a guarantee

    Who's there GM?
    I love making fun of sacramento too but Gay/Love/Cousins (funniest frontcourt name btw) is absolutely terrifying. That's a 70/30/10 frontcourt right there.
    @Boymusic66

  22. Like BobLoblaw liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •