No announcement yet.

Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kk nvm getting Love is a terrible idea my bad.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
      Kk nvm getting Love is a terrible idea my bad.
      No one is saying that they wouldn't take Love on the team, that would be crazy.

But what do you realistically think a deal for him would look like? I think it would begin with JV, one of Lowry/DD/Ross, and probably a couple of picks. There's no need to get sensitive just because there's posters on here who would rather pass.

Comment

I could be happy grabbing Lebron, and moving Ross over to the 2 spot.

Comment

I'm honestly just tired of this crap.

So many of you don't want to think outside of the box on anything.

"Only way we can move Bargnani's contract is if we send an asset with it like Lowry or DeRozan"
          "Masai needs to stop playing wait and see and move Lowry, DD, Gay before the season starts"
          "DeRozan is an inefficient chucker and below average shooting guard in this league"
          "The only way this team can become good is by tanking, there are no viable alternatives"
          "No way can we get Kevin Love without giving up Valanciunas"
          "Love doesn't fit into our tough-nosed defensive mindset, do not want"
          "We need to get a star SG or SF, not PF"
          "Do not at any cost, screw up the good thing we have going with our bigs"
          "This season is 2006-2007 all over again, can't wait till Ujiri repeats what BC did"

Like I can't deal anymore.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            No one is saying that they wouldn't take Love on the team, that would be crazy.

But what do you realistically think a deal for him would look like? I think it would begin with JV, one of Lowry/DD/Ross, and probably a couple of picks. There's no need to get sensitive just because there's posters on here who would rather pass.
            I don't care what you "think" it would begin with.

The bulk of you here thought we'd have to package Lowry or DeRozan with Bargs to move him and wouldn't get anything worthwhile back.

Sports management isn't as cut and dry as you guys make it out to be. It's not black and white. Who's to say Minnesota even puts a high premium on Valanciunas with Pekovic already on the roster? Maybe they're looking to get younger guys on the wings and cut costs. Who knows?

I don't know HOW we could trade for Love. I just said I think he'd be an amazing fit on this team (although Durant would obviously be better admittedly - so maybe my title wasn't the greatest - but much more difficult to acquire imo).

I just hate this one-dimensional approach to everything on here. Either a player is average, crap or a star. Either we need to trade away everyone and tank or keep it all the same and push forwards. Either Masai is wasting time playing wait-and-see or already has every single move he's going to make planned out.

It doesn't work like that... at all.

Comment

I'm honestly just tired of this crap.

So many of you don't want to think outside of the box on anything.

"Only way we can move Bargnani's contract is if we send an asset with it like Lowry or DeRozan"
              "Masai needs to stop playing wait and see and move Lowry, DD, Gay before the season starts"
              "DeRozan is an inefficient chucker and below average shooting guard in this league"
              "The only way this team can become good is by tanking, there are no viable alternatives"
              "No way can we get Kevin Love without giving up Valanciunas"
              "Love doesn't fit into our tough-nosed defensive mindset, do not want"
              "We need to get a star SG or SF, not PF"
              "Do not at any cost, screw up the good thing we have going with our bigs"
              "This season is 2006-2007 all over again, can't wait till Ujiri repeats what BC did"

Like I can't deal anymore.
              Judging by the melodramatic tones I'd agree that you probably need a break!

Comment

So then why are you posting it in a forum where we get to respond?

Maybe you should just start a blog and not allow comments.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  So then why are you posting it in a forum where we get to respond?

Maybe you should just start a blog and not allow comments.
                  Or put EVERYBODY on ignore!

Comment

I don't want K Love; doesn't fit our culture (can't play D) which explains why his teams have always underachieved. He's a nice stats guy & offensively, he gives alot of problems. But with Amir being our defensive anchor now, the addition of Love would do more harm than good.

In my eyes, he's a Bargnani with more heart & hustle -- but just like Bargnani, he's no anchor on D & that hurts your team in so many ways.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

The bulk of you here thought we'd have to package Lowry or DeRozan with Bargs to move him and wouldn't get anything worthwhile back.

Sports management isn't as cut and dry as you guys make it out to be. It's not black and white. Who's to say Minnesota even puts a high premium on Valanciunas with Pekovic already on the roster? Maybe they're looking to get younger guys on the wings and cut costs. Who knows?

I don't know HOW we could trade for Love. I just said I think he'd be an amazing fit on this team (although Durant would obviously be better admittedly - so maybe my title wasn't the greatest - but much more difficult to acquire imo).

I just hate this one-dimensional approach to everything on here. Either a player is average, crap or a star. Either we need to trade away everyone and tank or keep it all the same and push forwards. Either Masai is wasting time playing wait-and-see or already has every single move he's going to make planned out.

It doesn't work like that... at all.
                      Is this what passes as outside the box thinking now? Putting your fingers in your ears and saying you don't care what others have to say if they aren't giving your idea a standing ovation? Saying you'd like a certain player on your team without giving up players A,B,C and D, admitting that you have no idea how the trade would happen, and then throwing a fit when other people speak up and say that it's probably not realistic?

If that's the case, be on the lookout for my "Lebron would fit well at SF" thread. I'm proposing a swap of Amir, Salmons and the Knicks pick in 2016 for LBJ. You'll love it!
                      Last edited by Fully; Sun Jan 5, 2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Oh shit guys, we broke nosike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'd like to point out that getting rid of Bargs was a master stroke, but to do it we had to deal with a team owned by James Dolan- quite possibly the dumbest owner in the nba. Anything is possible with trades, it just doesn't seem realistic. I wish they still had Kahn, he was a terrible gm. I think before we had a real shot at Love he would have to do a CP3-style I want out type thing.

And for those saying don't break up what we have with our bigs? Remember the great chemisty we had with Amir-Davis... Then we celebrated getting rudy. Now we're saying don't break up Amir-JV... I love Amir but I'm not going to call it a bad trade if we use him+ a prospect to get Love
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                            I'd like to point out that getting rid of Bargs was a master stroke, but to do it we had to deal with a team owned by James Dolan- quite possibly the dumbest owner in the nba. Anything is possible with trades, it just doesn't seem realistic. I wish they still had Kahn, he was a terrible gm. I think before we had a real shot at Love he would have to do a CP3-style I want out type thing.

And for those saying don't break up what we have with our bigs? Remember the great chemisty we had with Amir-Davis... Then we celebrated getting rudy. Now we're saying don't break up Amir-JV... I love Amir but I'm not going to call it a bad trade if we use him+ a prospect to get Love
                            This. If Minnesota is willing to take a Harden style deal for Love (not saying they are, just a hypothetical), where you send an affordable veteran (Amir) and maybe 2 1st round picks (Raptors 2015 next season and Knicks 2016?). You do that imo.

Comment

This. If Minnesota is willing to take a Harden style deal for Love (not saying they are, just a hypothetical), where you send an affordable veteran (Amir) and maybe 2 1st round picks (Raptors 2015 next season and Knicks 2016?). You do that imo.
                              Of course you do. If we could get Love for Amir and only one of our own first rounders then you do the deal in a heartbeat. No argument there.

But is that "outside the box" thinking or just being completely unrealistic?

For the record, the Harden deal was Martin, the equivalent of the 12th overall pick (Lamb), a Raptors pick that was guaranteed to be in the lottery, another first rounder, and a couple second rounders. And that was for a player in Harden who many suspected could grow to be a superstar if given the opportunity, but at the time was still unproven as the undisputed leader of a team and coming off a lousy NBA Finals. His value wasn't as high as Love.

Love has been in the top 10 bracket for years now, so I don't think a big leap of faith is necessary to assume that his cost may be even higher. Guys like Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Deron Williams all fetched packages that were highlighted with young studs, salary relief/rotation players AND draft picks. Teams basically had to empty their chest of assets in order to land them. I would expect something similar with Love, especially if something of a bidding war broke out, and why wouldn't it? Surely more than the Raptors would be interested, and surely a better offer of Amir, filler and some picks would be made.

Comment

I would not trade Love for Amir and two first round picks.. that's a fleece for Minnesota in my opinion. Amir is not a super star but he's a *very* good player, and only 26 years old.

The best way to get Love is for Drake/MU/TL to go over to his house and sing the praises over what they are doing in Toronto.. highlighting the 2016 All-star game and explaining how he could be the king of basketball in Canada. He might listen and decide to come over as a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X