Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I think if you can trade Val in a package to get Love you have to do it as long as no other core piece (Lowry, DeRozan, etc) is involved.

Superstars are what win in this league, and that's exactly what Love is... a superstar.

It really depends on what you think Val's ceiling is though, but I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar.
    I agree, he could be a star, make a few all-star games, but I don't think he'll be a starter on one or be considered a superstar.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Maybe Knicks Pick+Our Pick+Val is a good enough starting point?
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Damn. Minny gotta move KLove now, they have no choice lol. Of all the rumoured teams that are interested, Bulls could offer the best package.

Gibson + their 2 first round picks this year.

If you're Minny, and Chi offer you that you can't say no.
        I'd expect something more like Mirotic + Boozer's expiring + multiple 1sts. The Bulls do have assets to trade.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          I'd expect something more like Mirotic + Boozer's expiring + multiple 1sts. The Bulls do have assets to trade.
          Or Dunleavy+Mirotic+Gibson+1 or 2 firsts. They would have Rose-Butler-?-Love-Noah.
          Combine that with all the contracts that are going to expire, that puts them something like 5 million over the cap.
          Then you amnesty Boozer and you are 11 million under the cap. And then you use that to see if Melo is serious about signing with you for a discount to win. And then you get... drumroll please...

ROSE-BUTLER-MELO-LOVE-NOAH.
          Best lineup in the entire league.
          Offensive superstar, great defensive player, offensive superstar, offensive superstar, dominant defensive superstar with a well-rounded game.
          Coached by a Top-3 coach.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• Just to play Devil's advocate for a second: Do you know what Val, Ross, and DD have that Love does not? Playoff experience. You know what they try to do, that Love doesn't? Play defense.

It's all relative, and he does everything right on the offensive end of the court, but I question that any team should give away more than 2/3 draft picks and financial ballast.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Just to play Devil's advocate for a second: Do you know what Val, Ross, and DD have that Love does not? Playoff experience. You know what they try to do, that Love doesn't? Play defense.

It's all relative, and he does everything right on the offensive end of the court, but I question that any team should give away more than 2/3 draft picks and financial ballast.
              Mhmm ...

Do you know what DD, Ross, JV will never average? 25 and fucking 15 with 3 point shooting
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• How many people here think that a front court of Love and Valanciunas would be absolutely dreadful defensively? I do.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  How many people here think that a front court of Love and Valanciunas would be absolutely dreadful defensively? I do.
                  Love is a superstar, JV isn't (and probably won't be). Trade JV for a defensive-stud (Larry Sanders for example) and you won't have a problem.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Love is a superstar, JV isn't (and probably won't be). Trade JV for a defensive-stud (Larry Sanders for example) and you won't have a problem.
                    Wtf

Jonas probably has the highest ceiling on the raptors and you wanna trade him for pot smoking team detrimental centre who is paid more than anyone on the raptors? C'mon dude
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Love and Sanders could work if Sanders stops being a tuff guy

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Mhmm ...

Do you know what DD, Ross, JV will never average? 25 and fucking 15 with 3 point shooting
                        ...Let's see...Let me go back and see if I -- Yep I did put "Devil's advocate" in bold...Just checkin'... Nothing to see here.

Comment

• Here is where Love is probable going, the teams that are after him and more importantly, what they have to OFFER

The Boston Celtics have emerged as an increasingly intriguing destination for Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star forward Kevin Love, and the Celtics’ draft position coming out of Tuesday night’s lottery could be telltale in determining the feasibility of a trade, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
                          If the lottery percentages hold to form, Boston would draft in the No. 5 slot, which could hold appeal to Minnesota in this talent-rich draft. If Boston moves up and cracks one of the top three spots, general manager Danny Ainge would have a more difficult decision to make on using the pick in a deal for Love.
                          Love’s representatives with Excel Sports are pushing Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to find a trade acceptable to them before the beginning of summer free agency in July – preferably by the June 26 NBA draft, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Love, 25, wants a chance to play for an immediate contender, but has an open mind about multiple destinations in the league, sources said. In six NBA seasons, Love has yet to reach the playoffs in Minnesota.
                          The Houston Rockets also plan to make a run at a trade for Love, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Officials believe Love’s close relationship and respect for coach Kevin McHale could give the Rockets an edge. Golden State, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago are among those also planning to pursue Love deals with an eye on signing him to a long-term extension.
                          Love has no veto power over a trade, but it is unlikely any team will unload significant assets for him without an assurance he’ll re-sign a max contract.
                          Houston doesn’t have the draft picks to offer Minnesota, but does have appealing young players in Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik to include in packages. McHale acquired Love for the T’wolves with a draft-night trade and coached him. Beyond McHale, Houston could offer Love an immediate chance to be part of a contender.

Love’s agent Jeff Schwartz and Ainge have a strong relationship and a good working history. Ainge helped another Schwartz client, Paul Pierce, get to a preferred trade destination in Brooklyn a year ago. The Celtics believe they can sell Love on becoming the next big Celtics star, and all the adulation that comes with that for a franchise that has won 17 NBA championships.
                          And here’s Berman’s report on how the Knicks are getting into the Love sweepstakes, too …
                          According to an NBA source, Knicks president Phil Jackson has been plotting to be involved in making something happen with Love via a trade.
                          However, the report stated rather than the Lakers and the Knicks being Love’s top two choices, the power forward is more interested in Golden State and Chicago. It’s unclear if Steve Kerr knew Love’s preference when he chose to coach the Warriors, but it’s very possible.
                          Adding Love to the Knicks’ mix with their 2015 cap space is one of the selling points for Anthony to stay in New York. It’s doubtful a team would trade Love for just a rental. Another source said the Lakers also will make a monster push at trading for Love, who played at UCLA.
                          The Knicks believe they have the expiring contracts — Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert in particular — the Wolves might want so Minnesota can keep cap space to go after the star-studded 2015 free agent class.
                          What do they Wolves have to say about all this chatter? Team owner Glen Taylor told Jerry Zgoda of the Star-Tribune that Minnesota has no plans to deal Love anytime soon:
                          Amid renewed media reports that three-time All-Star Kevin Love intends to leave Minnesota in July 2015 and the Timberwolves are reconsidering their position, Wolves owner Glen Taylor reiterated on Sunday the team doesn’t intend to soon trade him.

The Associated Press, citing two unnamed sources, reported Sunday that, with Tuesday’s draft lottery and the June 26 draft approaching, the Wolves are softening their position that they won’t trade Love and are open to the idea of doing so for the right deal.
                          “Not by the draft,” Taylor said before Sunday’s Lynx home opener at Target Center about such a possibility.

So as you can see, not ONLY we are not the preferred destination for Kevin Love, we don't even have the ASSETS to bring him in in.

Stop stop dreaming about Love and KD and coming up with 1000 trades that involves, Salmon/ Novak/ Hayes/ Fileds for KD and Love.

It makes you look stupid.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            How many people here think that a front court of Love and Valanciunas would be absolutely dreadful defensively? I do.
                            I don't think it would be dreadful. Obviously, rim protection wouldn't be great. Rebounding, though, would be very, very strong.

But it wouldn't be about defence, it would be about offence. If Jonas' post game and jump shot keep on developing (and no reason why they shouldn't), that front court would be a nightmare to match up with.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• You would probably have to trade Valanciunas to get Love... just saying people.

Comment

Although I think you missed on the Sanders example I agree.

But do we want to trade JV? I don't, I think he still has the potential to be a plus defender eventually, and could be a 20/10 guy yet. By mid next season we should be able to tell

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I don't think it would be dreadful. Obviously, rim protection wouldn't be great. Rebounding, though, would be very, very strong.

But it wouldn't be about defence, it would be about offence. If Jonas' post game and jump shot keep on developing (and no reason why they shouldn't), that front court would be a nightmare to match up with.
                                Rebounding would be off the charts....which should limit teams to only one possession and is a good start to having a good defense. But I am worried that we would get torn apart in the PnR. I love Love...but I just don't see how we get him to resign here or how we have enough assets to get him here.

Love needs to be beside a Bogut or Gasol

Love should really look at going to GSW. A Klay+Lee for Love is a pretty decent move for Minny too. Curry+Iggy+Love+Bogut is just too freakishly good. (they would have to trade Klay for salary reasons)

Comment

Working...
                                X