Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN - Heat Reaction calls Raps 3rd best team in East!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This whole "ceiling" talk is a load of Garbage, in my opinion. Our ceiling 2 months ago was 8th, maybe.
    wouldn't the ceiling just always be "best team in the nba" ? pretty sure everyteam has the same ceiling.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      wouldn't the ceiling just always be "best team in the nba" ? pretty sure everyteam has the same ceiling.
      no ceiling is where you should realistically end up by the end of the season, and I'm pretty sure Utah and Milwaukee's ceiling is not best team in the NBA
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        no ceiling is where you should realistically end up by the end of the season, and I'm pretty sure Utah and Milwaukee's ceiling is not best team in the NBA
        so everytime we talk about jonas' ceiling we are only talking about this season? and if anything can happen and we can make the nba finals why can't anything happen and utah be the best team in the nba?

Comment

This team's ceiling is TBA because we have no clue how good Jonas, Ross and even DeMar can get.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            This whole "ceiling" talk is a load of Garbage, in my opinion. Our ceiling 2 months ago was 8th, maybe.
            Its a moving ceiling, which is the exact opposite of what the term is supposed to mean.

These players continue to prove people wrong, including myself, and I for one, am loving it.
            Any time you are projecting in the future there is the possibility of an egg on your face. Many of the people proclaiming how they knew all along the Raptors were going to be good have been saying that since day 1. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

As for the previous ceiling talk, 14 games as impressive as they've been, does not make a season. The Raptors had a couple of good stretches last year. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to put it in perspective of a whole season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Any time you are projecting in the future there is the possibility of an egg on your face. Many of the people proclaiming how they knew all along the Raptors were going to be good have been saying that since day 1. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

As for the previous ceiling talk, 14 games as impressive as they've been, does not make a season. The Raptors had a couple of good stretches last year. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to put it in perspective of a whole season.
              knicks just beat dallas on the road. they also beat the spurs on the road for a 2/3 successful road trip (with a tough 2 point loss in houston). could be a turning point for them. our bragging rights beating good teams on the road aren't as unique anymore in the east.

Comment

15 teams in the league have between 11 and 16 wins.

If the season were to end in a couple of weeks a poor stretch of 10 games could be the difference between picking 19th.... or 4th.

Crazy season.

Comment

After this Indy game the schedule is light for the rest of January. This team keeps playing at the level it is now, and we should be able to roll out of this month 4-5 games above .500.

Comment

Raps need to go 34-16 to finish with 50 wins.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      That's achievable

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        That's achievable
                        Anything's possible

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                          Disagree. Ceiling refers to the team as a whole, as constrcuted. Period. This season, next season. Doesn't matter.
                          The "ceiling", for a player or team would indicate the best it can be, regardless of 'when'.
                          The problem being, is that there are many factors that go into determining a ceiling, many of which are not under the control of the team (or player).

Comment

Plus, when we talk about "ceiling", we're talking about an absolute best-case scenario.

I'm guessing 99% of players never actually reach their ceilings.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              So win about 2 out of 3 for the remainder of the season. Not impossible.

I'd bet on 45-ish wins though (29-21 finish).

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                                Well deserved.

Btw.... I still find it ridiculous (yet unsurprising) that ESPN has a whole section solely dedicated to the Heat.
                                Funny you said that, because I was thinking that as I was going through that link.

Comment

Working...
                                X