BBALLBREAKDOWN Giving DeRozan a Lot of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBALLBREAKDOWN Giving DeRozan a Lot of Love

So are we just gonna assume this guy doesn't know what he's talking about?

Or maybe DeRozan is actually like... you know... pretty damn good?

A thread with a little love, isn't this refreshing!! Thanks for posting this!

Comment

I had a couple of orgasms with all that exotic player movement...not recognized or seen performed by a Raptor team...ever?...or am I behaving like a teenager?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I had a couple of orgasms with all that exotic player movement...not recognized or seen performed by a Raptor team...ever?...or am I behaving like a teenager?
        Totally agree! I thought we were watching the Spurs for a second!

Comment

DeMar is getting lots of love all over the place, except here, a Raptors fan site. Go figure

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            DeMar is getting lots of love all over the place, except here, a Raptors fan site. Go figure
            Not everywhere. The ESPN top 10 SG article by Doolittle this morning didn't even have DD as an honorable mention :'(
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              Not everywhere. The ESPN top 10 SG article by Doolittle this morning didn't even have DD as an honorable mention :'(
              Cue the: "Doolittle is an idiot because his opinion doesn't back my homerism."

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Cue the: "Doolittle is an idiot because his opinion doesn't back my homerism."
                Matt...Now Matt. You know what you did wrong here.

Comment

Some Raptors "fans" need to see him in an all-star game before they give him any love. The guy is paid as a 3rd option (9.5 million) and you still hear the hate every now and again. To be honest, most of these posters have toned it down a lot. Similar to the tank...the Derozan hate has pretty much disappeared err i mean run underground. It's easy to talk shit when the team is losing. You don't really see as much "he's one-dimensional" comments anymore.

Then these same posters get mad at being called haters. lol

21.1 ppg
                  4.3 rpg
                  3.4 apg (and rising)
                  1.2 spg

ALL CAREER HIGHS

Take that haters!

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post

So are we just gonna assume this guy doesn't know what he's talking about?

Or maybe DeRozan is actually like... you know... pretty damn good?
                    You know DD has been getting a lot of praise for his improvements in these parts, even from those that argue he has been inefficient. Most of the arguments around DeRozan seem to be generated when he is praised as a top 5 shooting guard or sure thing all star. He has had at least a dozen very good games since the start of the year.

At the same time you know it wouldn't be hard to go back to one or two games in the last 15 or so and pick out places where DD screwed up pretty big time.

I think it makes more sense to acknowledge positive recognition around the league for DD or any of the Raps players or for the team in general without waving a red flag in front of those fans that have pulled up the numbers that show he has mostly been at or below average for 90% of his career.

Everybody on this forum wants him to get to and stay at all star worthy levels in shooting, efficiency, assists, defense and rebounds for his position. You could make the argument that he has definitely shown signs of being able to hit that level. But to reach all star status, consistency is required. I think he is closer than ever and maybe this is the year.

That video also showed that he is more likely to get there with a good, cohesive, heads up group of teammates giving him room to play his game.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      I don't have "Insider". Who does he have in the top 10, and what is the ranking based on? I can see that it's in part based on PRE-SEASON BASELINE FORECAST. What the hell is that, and how is it relevant to ranking a player NOW?

Comment

Hey where did my other comment go? lol

I guess it got deleted....

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

lol, I had one deleted too. We need to be less up front, and become more sly and weaselly with insults, a la the guy who has both of us on ignore, but I can't play that game.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

lol, I had one deleted too. We need to be less up front, and become more sly and weaselly with insults, a la the guy who has both of us on ignore, but I can't play that game.
                            A comment to all posters, not just the two of you...

Please remember forum rules about limiting posts to respectful discussion & debate about the topic at hand, as opposed to discussing fellow posters.

If you have an issue with another poster, please attempt to deal with them using PMs. If that doesn't work, please contact any of the admins/mods, who would be happy to facilitate conflict resolution.

Personal attacks against fellow posters will not be tolerated.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              A comment to all posters, not just the two of you...

Please remember forum rules about limiting posts to respectful discussion & debate about the topic at hand, as opposed to discussing fellow posters.

If you have an issue with another poster, please attempt to deal with them using PMs. If that doesn't work, please contact any of the admins/mods, who would be happy to facilitate conflict resolution.

Personal attacks against fellow posters will not be tolerated.
                              Did I miss something trivial? I have p00ka on ignore.

Comment

Working...
                              X