BBALLBREAKDOWN Giving DeRozan a Lot of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Hmmmm. Coach Nick, he's someone I consider a legit basketball mind. Good breakdown.
    This. That's all I was saying. Wasn't trying to say Coach Nick has cemented DeRozan as a superstar.

Newsflash for everyone. Yes I like DeRozan... a lot. But I've repeatedly said that he is a fringe all-star caliber player (someone that can sneak in when there are down years like this one) and a 2nd/3rd option (not 1st) on a contender. I do not overrate or overvalue him.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
      What...?

I didn't say DeRozan played perfect...
      Exactly, so what was your "get your facts straight" nonsense from before?
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I think the concern was over the fact that when yanked, JV/Ross would often not see the court again during that game. I completely disagree with that approach. If yanked and informed/educated about the error and reason behind benching, I would think a young player with a positive approach to the game/team would be chomping at the bit to get back in and prove capable of adapting and avoiding the same mistake within the same game against the same opponent. I think it eventually hurts morale and confidence of the young players if they never get back in. Plus, you don't want the players playing scared, afraid to make a mistake, which is exactly what I think happened to Ross last season. You want them playing loose, giving it their all, knowing if they screw up they'll get a mouthful and a spot on the bench, followed by a chance to redeem themselves.
        +1

I'm a big fan of subbing a guy out for making a mistake, talking it over with him and then sending him right back in. The action is more of a correction and less of a punishment. I also think there's a better chance that the player will form good habits because they get a chance to correct the mistake right away.

Although not an exact parallel, Carlisle actually used the method a few times in the 2011 playoffs with Jason Terry, in order to keep him focused and the get the most out of him. He would sub him out and tell him that he'd be going back in at the next whistle. It seemed to be quite effective.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

DD is responding, it's that simple. The Rudy trade made him acknowledge he was legit. Now he has the belief, and the keys to do what every he wants. He does take some bad shots, but he is new to being the #1 on a team that's actually winning. I am most impressed with every other aspect of his game. Everything else is up, rebs, steals,assists, a lot of which people said he could never do.
          This whole core is a keeper, let them grow, get the vet we need and add some hungry rookies. We will be on our way, we have one vet right now, but we need that hard nosed slam your ass on the floor, Oakley type of attitude to keep the young guys under control and focused on the bigger goal.
          RAPS RAPS RAPS

Comment

Yeah but he'll likely be making more than DeMar next season.
            No way Indy pays him more than 9 Mil per

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
              Not everywhere. The ESPN top 10 SG article by Doolittle this morning didn't even have DD as an honorable mention :'(
              Yeah that was a WARP article that also makes use of statistics from previous seasons.

The fact that Arron Afflalo is also not mentioned and Monta Ellis and Klay Thompson are not ranked while Kobe Bryant (who has played 5 games this year) is should give one an idea of the uselessness of the article.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Exactly, so what was your "get your facts straight" nonsense from before?
                I don't think you even watched the video. The guy from BBALLBREAKDOWN was talking about DeRozan's overall game, and then you started talking about only watching highlights. He watched the entire game, which is why I was telling you to get your facts striaght. It's not nonsense, you just had no clue of what you were talking about.

Comment

I don't think you even watched the video. The guy from BBALLBREAKDOWN was talking about DeRozan's overall game, and then you started talking about only watching highlights. He watched the entire game, which is why I was telling you to get your facts striaght. It's not nonsense, you just had no clue of what you were talking about.
                  I'll say this again. If you breakdown all good plays of a player during a game, then the player will look good to anyone.

Look, I understand you like DeRozan a lot, but your attitude towards any kind of criticism is maddening.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

I'll say this again. If you breakdown all good plays of a player during a game, then the player will look good to anyone.

Look, I understand you like DeRozan a lot, but your attitude towards any kind of criticism is maddening.
                    There's criticism, then there's useless sarcastic/snide remarks, meant to do nothing but diminish the credibility of the cited article, but really doesn't, rendering the remark useless. MU was responding to the latter.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      There's criticism, then there's useless sarcastic/snide remarks, meant to do nothing but diminish the credibility of the cited article, but really doesn't, rendering the remark useless. MU was responding to the latter.
                      I never mentioned the credibility of the article/video. DeRozan clearly made good plays in the video. I'm simply stating, now for the 3rd time, that when you show highlights of a player, that player will always look good. If that's untrue, please explain.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I never mentioned the credibility of the article/video. DeRozan clearly made good plays in the video. I'm simply stating, now for the 3rd time, that when you show highlights of a player, that player will always look good. If that's untrue, please explain.

Dude what is wrong with you?

I've already said this but I know he was only showing DeMar's good plays in the game in the video.

But I also pointed out that he was commenting on his OVERALL game in a positive light. Not just this game, but he made specific comments about his improvement as a player this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X