TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm thoroughly enjoying "Lilyhammer" with Stevie Van Zandt from Sopranos fame. If you liked his character Silvio from that show, you'll probably enjoy his performance in this one. It's pretty witty.
    Nice recommend ....so far(2 episodes). An ex mafiosi in Lillehammer? What a premise and vehicle to spread "multiculturalism"... lol. Fully expecting that Bruce Springsteen puts in a cameo appearance along the way!! Also has a personal resonance as I spent around 3 years at the turn of the millenium in Sweden neighbouring of course Norway and the culture/mannerisms are pretty much identical...many chuckles.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Anyone watch this show? Recommend it totally....if you like a "Godfather" type drama. It's a Brit series started last year...second season and dont know if it'll continue. It has one of the really good Brit actors...Cillan Murphy in the lead role and Sam Neill (of Jurassic fame!) set in the period after WW1 in Birmingham about the Peaky Blinders Irish gang and all that entails. There is blood!! And you'll have to tune your ear to the irish brogue
      Sounds good, I'll check it out tonight! It says it's returning to Netflix for Season 3. I'm still catching up on Boardwalk Empire with the old lady, so this may have to wait til we're caught up on that one.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Gotham. Is. Awesome.

100x better than Agents of SHIELD.
        I have six unwatched episodes on my PVR. I really want to like it and get into it but I just keep finding other things I'd rather do and the episodes keep on piling up.

For me right now I make time for TV when it's the Packers, Raptors, "Mountain Men", "Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones" but everything else has been given a backseat for now.

My PS4 has been eating up my downtime.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I have six unwatched episodes on my PVR. I really want to like it and get into it but I just keep finding other things I'd rather do and the episodes keep on piling up.
          You won't regret it. I don't think anyway. It's really well done.

Comment

• Anyone know the ratings? Is it performing well?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Anyone know the ratings? Is it performing well?
              Pretty sure it initially outperformed SHIELD in the 18-45 group or whatever it is.
              I just really enjoy the gritty tone to it. Setting things up nicely for our next caped crusador.

Comment

• Yeah, that sounds good. The reason I ask about ratings because that determines if there will be a season 2. If it was performing badly I would just delete the PVR episodes and call it a day.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Pretty sure it initially outperformed SHIELD in the 18-45 group or whatever it is.
                  I just really enjoy the gritty tone to it. Setting things up nicely for our next caped crusador.
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, that sounds good. The reason I ask about ratings because that determines if there will be a season 2. If it was performing badly I would just delete the PVR episodes and call it a day.
                  Yeah, it's doing well enough. THey've already upped the initial 1st season order from 16 to 22 episodes.

Gotham's challenge is going to be coming up with compelling story arcs every season to help push things along. Otherwise it could dry up into too much of a stylized procedural that could get very boring.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, it's doing well enough. THey've already upped the initial 1st season order from 16 to 22 episodes.

Gotham's challenge is going to be coming up with compelling story arcs every season to help push things along. Otherwise it could dry up into too much of a stylized procedural that could get very boring.
                    22 Episodes nowadays is amazing too. I'm used to the 8-10 episodes we get from Game of Thrones, Walking Dead etc.

Comment

• This may sound dumb.. but I prefer when a tv show has less episodes.. the writers can spend more time and create quality television that way. With 22 episodes the show can get watered down and then it essentially becomes boring.

I'll give Gotham a try but I'm going to wait until the season is over. I hate picking up a show that gets canceled or doesn't get renewed after its first season. I started watching Sleepy Hallow in the summer and got into it.. now I'm hearing the second season isn't doing so well which sucks.

Another really good show that I saw this summer was a show called Salem. It's on some US network like WGN or something. I believe it only had 10 episodes.. but it was great since each episode mattered. Can't wait for season 2.

Comment

• I agree to a certain extent. I think the quality would not be as high on Game of Thrones for example if they dragged it out. Each episode is action packed as is.

Comment

• If you haven't seen Ricky Gervais' new show "Derek" via Netflix, I highly recommend it. I think its brilliant. Typical Brit humour. I can't recall the last time I've laughed this hard watching a show or movie. Gervais is great, but his buddies on the show Kevin and Dougie take the cake. Absolutely hilarious!

Comment

• Mountain Men on History Channel. Beards. Wilderness living. Hunting. Fishing. Suvival. Bad ass intro to the show.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              I'm thoroughly enjoying "Lilyhammer" with Stevie Van Zandt from Sopranos fame. If you liked his character Silvio from that show, you'll probably enjoy his performance in this one. It's pretty witty.
                              Finally finished the series. It was very entertaining and well written. The Norwegian writers/producers were quite self deprecating as is their Scandinavian culture in reality ....and Brucie S. as I thought he may, did make an appearance!!

Another Scandinavian inspired series is "Wallander"... a a crime series based in Sweden with Kenneth Branagh (one of my fav actors) in the lead role.

Comment

• 9 unwatched episodes of Gotham on my PDR. Dragon Age Inquisition happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X