TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm through the first four episodes of Black Sails. Pretty good show although I thought the opening episode was mediocre for a big critically acclaimed series.
    Admittedly, the first season takes some time to get going ... once its in full swing though, man, its some of the best TV there is.

Comment

• Finally, just watched the last episode of GOT! I can now look at this thread in peace, I'm all the way (caught) up!

Watched the 6 seasons in about 5 or 6 weeks... I think it's my favourite show ever.

Comment

• Next season is gonna be ridiculously good.

Comment

Next season is gonna be ridiculously good.
          Only 7 episodes though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Only 7 episodes though.
            Not to mention the original airing date has been delayed... close to 10 months away I've heard??

I need a new show to watch with the wife. Should it be Vikings? Any other suggestions?

Ray Donovan is a fucking badass show, I watched that series in a couple weeks as well and I'm caught up. I hate waiting for the next weeks show, i much prefer the binge watching.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Only 7 episodes though.
              So this is the last ride for GOT then? I mean winter is here and the dragons are arriving for one great throw down.

Personally I would much rather them do what Vikings is doing and double the episode count, not shrink it.

Comment

• I watched the first two episodes of The Expanse. Pretty good so far. There hasn't been a space series that I've paid attention to since Stargate Universe got cancelled. I think that was around the same time Battlestar Galactica was finishing up.

Comment

So this is the last ride for GOT then? I mean winter is here and the dragons are arriving for one great throw down.

Personally I would much rather them do what Vikings is doing and double the episode count, not shrink it.
                  I believe I read somewhere that there are 13 episodes left.. and instead of airing them in one season, they decided to split them. 7 in one, 6 in the other. Kind of like what they did with Breaking Bad which was annoying.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I believe I read somewhere that there are 13 episodes left.. and instead of airing them in one season, they decided to split them. 7 in one, 6 in the other. Kind of like what they did with Breaking Bad which was annoying.
                    I'd say. This sucks. I bet you this has something to do with the final books release date.

Only saving grace would be if some of the episodes are 2 hours.

Is it just me or is anyone hoping there's a spin off show?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      Not to mention the original airing date has been delayed... close to 10 months away I've heard??

I need a new show to watch with the wife. Should it be Vikings? Any other suggestions?

Ray Donovan is a fucking badass show, I watched that series in a couple weeks as well and I'm caught up. I hate waiting for the next weeks show, i much prefer the binge watching.
                      I am recommending The Night Manager to people right now. Your wife will like it cause Tom Hiddleston (Loki) is the main character and, apparently, women like him. Hugh Laurie from House is the main bad guy. I wasn't sure I'd be too interested in it going in (it's based on a John Le Carre novel and I am not a fan) but the first episode won me over.

It's a stylish British spy/drama/light action/thriller and it is very compelling tv. Well acted, well written, great cinematography and it's only like 10 episodes about an hour each, so it doesn't take a massive time commitment. It looks like a Bond movie but is toned down, reserved and almost detached at times. Not nearly as action-packed as Bond but Hiddleston is excellent as a very, very smart fish out of water protagonist - or maybe not so fish out of water?!!? - and when the action does come it is intense and violent.

It's also very..... precise. Things you see in the first episode, which is a prologue to the rest of the series, play a role later on but it's not obvious which things until you get into the main plot. Even the dialogue offers clues about what to expect later but it doesn't smack you over the head with any of it. Basically, every episode characters do very smart things, which seems strange for a tv show but they all make sense in the world of the show and it all makes the premise, which is somewhat unbelievable, totally plausible.

Comment

• So I finished the first season of The Expanse. If you can get through to episode sevenish you start receiving the payoff for hanging in.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Finally, just watched the last episode of GOT! I can now look at this thread in peace, I'm all the way (caught) up!

Watched the 6 seasons in about 5 or 6 weeks... I think it's my favourite show ever.
                          Binge watching is fun, but you don't really get a chance to absorb the brilliance of each episode. Instead of waiting 8 months to learn Jon Snow's fate, and hearing all sorts of fan theories and speculative stories, you waited 12 seconds

Comment

• Been watching Black Sails lately. I'm up to episode 14 and wow, spoiler ahead, you'll need to highlight the post to get the rest: is Flint gay or bisexual? If my tally is correct, he's banged to women on the show so far and it's not like there's a short supply of men around... The show is a sausage fest in most scenes after all. Maybe they delve into this more later but damn, never saw this one coming.

All that said, this series really picks up around episode 5 or 6. It was boring prior to that but I'm glad I stuck it out on the advice of people in here. On to episode 15 tonight.

Comment

• Stranger Things on Netflix was pretty good, watched all 8 episodes on Sunday. Anybody that grew up in the 80's would have a good appreciation for this one. Now I'm just waiting for season 2 to get the green light.

Comment

• John Saunders passed away, age 61. He was the original play-by-play man for the Raps on CityTV and The New VR. He was also all over ESPN for the past 30 years. Very well respected and I really enjoy his broadcasts.

R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X