TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Ditto on the GA review! I enjoyed the show as well...had a few layers to the characters.

Have you seen "The Bridge"? Originally a Swedish/Danish production and remade by the Brits (there is also a US version). I saw the British one and it was quite engrossing. Reviews seem to indicate the original was the better production.
    I haven't heard of it. Is it currently on Netflix?

Comment

• Two Major Characters About To Enter? That Means Its Time To Make Room:

Back into Walking Dead again. I think one of the long time characters are gonna get killed off soon. It just seems like no one that fans really had a close attachment to has been killed off in sometime and so that means now is the perfect time for them to do that.

In the comics two prominent characters get killed in and around where they are right now in the show; one long time and one new comer who was well received. Neagan is on the horizon.

Also with Jesus'(not the Son of God) entrance coming up fast too, I'm thinking there is no room for Darryl because they both have that same vibe, look and quiet personality about them. My money is on Darryl not lasting much longer. Either that or they hold off on Jesus for quite some time or all together.

Comment

• SPOILER ALERT

They JUST killed Tyrese. Lol I liked Tyrese.

Comment

• Yeah but he died long before that in the comic. He was on borrowed time. He was too boring in my opinion...

Comment

• Hey, you hi-jacking moderating bastards. There's a TWD thread, you know..
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Now that "Game of Thrones" is done for the year I've been looking for something else. I started watching "Band of Brothers" on Crave TV. I've finish 9 of 10 episodes and I have to say, overall I'll be sad when it's done. I'll have to watch "The Pacific" next I suppose.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Now that "Game of Thrones" is done for the year I've been looking for something else. I started watching "Band of Brothers" on Crave TV. I've finish 9 of 10 episodes and I have to say, overall I'll be sad when it's done. I'll have to watch "The Pacific" next I suppose.
                Watch Vikings and Black Sails. Both are great Game of Thrones replacements.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Watch Vikings and Black Sails. Both are great Game of Thrones replacements.
                  Thanks Joey, I'll look into those.

Comment

Thanks Joey, I'll look into those.
                    Vikings is on the History Channel and is a Canadian/Irish production, and follows the infamous Viking raider/explorer Ragnar Lothbrok. Really amazing the production quality, and attention to historical detail. It's honestly right up there with Game of Thrones for me.

Black Sails is the most realistic and awesome representation of the Golden age of Pirates I've ever seen ... that stupid show with John Malcovich as Black Beard has nothing on this show. Johnny Depp has nothing on this even! Lol
                    Again, the production value is top-notch. Michael Bay is a producer, and while it doesn't have his signature "blow everything up", it does have his eye for grandiose sets and details. It's a mix of fiction and non-fiction Pirates, as it follows Captain Flint ("Treasure Island" is hiding Flints Treasure) as he does his Pirate-y thing with a bunch of other real life pirates worked into the mix like Charles Vane (Super bad ass in this show), Calico Jack Rackham (creator of the Jolly Roger "Skull and Cross-bones"), Anne Bonny etc. Highly recommended!

Comment

• Yeah I watched an episode of the John Malcovich show. Thought it was boring.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Vikings rules
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Vikings rules
                          It really does.

The Blood Eagle? Shit was messed up.

Comment

• Is Black Flag on Netflix or Crave?

Comment

• Finished Band of Brothers last night. Been meaning to watch it for years and I'm glad I did.

Comment

Is Black Flag on Netflix or Crave?
                                Hmmm this I don't know.
                                Its on Starz, which is a pretty obscure channel from what I can gather .. sorta like AMC I think .. I was able to find it online though.

And ya, Band of Brothers is pretty fantastic. If you enjoyed that, might I recommend Generation Kill. Its an HBO miniseries which is kind of similar, but covers the Invasion of Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                                X