Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's hilarious really....

On one side...what good are draft picks when you keep screwing up in the draft?

On the other...this is a "job-saving" move that likely won't save the guy's job, and just screw his successor, who could turn out to be a good drafter...
    Just like colangelo did with the Rudy Gay trade lool
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      It's hilarious that on the Cavs realgm forums, they think Deng is an All-star SF lol
      Isn't he?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        I just saw the news. WTF are the Cavs thinking? Are they that desperate to get rid of Bynum? 3 future picks from a shitty Cavs team for an inconsistent injury prone Deng? Damn. Good job Bulls. Way to rip off the Cavs. I seriously doubt Deng will resign. Though I have to say, it will be interesting to see how Rose and Thib respond to this. This means that they will be rebuilding a little and Rose has stated his issues with rebuilding. Deng is also one of Thib's favorites.
        3 picks, but two of them Blazers 2nd rounders, i.e. 50-60 range most likely. So really just 1 pick that's even worth mentioning.

Also, an unlikely but sort of hilarious scenario: if the Kings stay bad for the next 3 years, then in 2018 that pick turns into a 2nd rounder.

So the worst case scenario could actually be 3 second round picks for Deng here, two of them late. Most likely scenario.. a mid round pick one of these years, a few late 2nds.

The right to swap in 2015 might be of some value or not, impossible to predict right now. I don't expect the Bulls to be great next year after losing Deng and Rose coming off a two year break. In which case that swap would have little to no value.

I like it for the Cavs, they don't need another mid round 1st. For perspective, Ujiri traded Afflalo and a mediocre 1st for Iguodala. Now that's a pretty bad deal. This is just an expiring + 1st + some seconds for a comparable player. It's not that much. Sure, they'll have to overpay some to extend Deng (or re-sign him). But they need to change their culture, he's a decent fit, a very good player, and comes from a winning environment.

It might be pretty good for the Bulls too, as long as they make more moves. If they want to tank, they need to get rid of someone else. If they want to be major players in free agency (Melo?) they need to get rid of someone else for expirings (Boozer amnesty won't be enough).

Comment

Chris Grant is probably the worst GM in the league

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
            this.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
              Yeah, it was an attempted job-saving move for sure. I don't know how much longer he lasts. If it's anything like the Colangelo situation, I don't think he makes it to the draft.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Did the ghost of Bryan Colangelo make this trade for the Cavaliers? This is a terrible trade.

Comment

Good job chicago, now they need to find a home for boozer and land high in the draft. I guess they could amnesty the guy, but wouldn't it be better to get something back, whatever that is? I like the situation Chi is now in, like others have mentioned, a San An type rebuild possible here reminiscent of the Robinson/Duncan situation.

Comment

A scared, short sighted move by the cavs, because they are afraid kyrie will leave this summer.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                      Here's the specifics on the Sacramento pick:

Sacramento's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-12 in 2014, 1-10 in 2015, 1-10 in 2016 or 1-10 in 2017; if Sacramento has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Cleveland by 2017, then Sacramento will instead convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Cleveland will be extinguished)

In other words, if Sactown really sucks from now until 2017, there's no asset at all. But now with Rudy Gay, things should be much improved.
                      With Cousins locked into a long-term contract, Gay, Thomas, Mclemore and a 2014 prospect, I doubt that they will such that much in the next 4 years.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                        A scared, short sighted move by the cavs, because they are afraid kyrie will leave this summer.
                        Definitely a short-sighted move, but I don't know where you're getting this Kyrie stuff.. he's under contract for next year and has a QO for 2015-16.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Bynum has officially been waived.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

The Cavs maybe should've tanked again. But how long can you tank. They want to stop losing, change the culture, maybe stop all the internal drama by adding a veteran. And they definitely aren't out of the playoff race yet.

It's not like they traded for Bargnani. They got a very good player whom they might even re-sign. And if not, they'll fight for one year and have a ton of cap space.

All they give up is a mediocre 1st round pick (with a chance to be a 2nd rounder) and some sweeteners.

Most likely scenario, you draft another Patrick Patterson or Marcus Morris with that pick.

Also, I don't get what's so special about the Bulls side of the deal. Ujiri got a similar package for Bargs. Now that's nice. For Deng, not so nice.

The Bulls basically saved cash. That's what this deal is about. A cheap owner saving a ton of cash by getting under tax. But they won't have much cap room, they are probably too good to tank and grab one of the top prospects. It will be hard to replace Deng.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              Definitely a short-sighted move, but I don't know where you're getting this Kyrie stuff.. he's under contract for next year and has a QO for 2015-16.
                              oops. Then I have no idea what they were thinking.

Comment

Called this.... lol.

Oh, remember when Cleveland won those two lotteries. Well, this is the pre-arranged payback. NBA draft conspiracy theorists' spider senses are tingling. lol. Jabari is headed to Chi-town & Noah is going down next.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ht=#post267664

I think Chicago is going to start tanking hard, if not started already. Bulls have basically a Duncan-Robinson situation, with Rose out and a perfect excuse to go all out for hometown boy, Jabari. All they need to do is flip Deng for a 1st rounder and then they've got 3 first rounders (own, Cats, + Deng flip) & assets like Butler that they can trade for Jabari. They really need Noah to go down, because that's one guy that cannot accept losing, under any condition. Amd then there's Thibs - he can probably win 40 games with a D-league squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X