Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Would Anthony Bennett be a good fit?

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    It might not. Oladipo shows flashes of stardom every few games, I think he's gonna be a star. MCW is gonna be a star. Antetokounmpo has star potential as does Nerlens Noel who we haven't seen play yet.

There have been worse drafts imo.
    They seem to come every 10-15 years. Still a lot of time to judge this one, but I agree think this one still has some legs -- as you mentioned, Noel hasn't played yet. MCW is decent and I still like Trey Burke. It'll most likely go down as the worst in the last 10 years, but nothing could be worse than the 2000 NBA Draft.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

I'd totally take a flier on Bennett for the right price. Right now I think it's 50/50 whether he's a bust and a horrible pick, or if he's just been put in an awful situation and is floundering as a still developing, very young basketball player.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd take him for the right price haha id rather have him on our bench then fields or Novak

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair

5. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on pa pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair
    I was just going to post the same thing. Why in the blue hell would they give ul on a first overall pick, within approximately 4 months of his first season, for some scrub type players like Fields or Novak? You must be crazy!

7. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*up

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair
    Chris grant is just that stupid hahah

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill SimmonsVerified account ‏@BillSimmons

We need Anthony Bennett to gain 20 more pounds so we can start calling him "Notorious D.N.P."
    somtimes hes just right....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

somtimes hes just right....
    Forgot about that. That was epic. I never laughed so hard at anything basketball related as that moment in the draft. Lol

12. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The poor way that Cleveland has handled this kid demonstrates exactly why they still suck. Why would you set up your number 1 pick to fail? Coming off injury, if a player is supposed to have value, wouldn't you bring along slowly? Seriously.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Poor Bennett. The whole situation has just been a mess. He looks bad because he's out of shape...in turn because he was rushed back from an injury and never got the chance to get his legs under him before playing NBA ball. He actually has good pop and speed. He was a ridiculous threat as a face-up PF in college. No PF could stay in front of him when he attacked, and he has the bulk to bang for rebounds.
    Bennett was a very good operator in the PnR and out of the high post in college, something that should have translated to the NBA. Instead he is hidden in the corner...I feel for this kid. Completely destroyed by the Cavs management.

I would trade DD for Bennett plus a future 1st and a second. With the Deng move they are looking to win now. DD may have a lot of value to them in that sense.

However...having Amir, 2Pat, TH and Bennett all playing the same position probably isn't a good idea so I probably wouldn't like to see that trade get done anyways

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Bennett was a very good operator in the PnR and out of the high post in college, something that should have translated to the NBA. Instead he is hidden in the corner...I feel for this kid. Completely destroyed by the Cavs management.

I would trade DD for Bennett plus a future 1st and a second. With the Deng move they are looking to win now. DD may have a lot of value to them in that sense.

However...having Amir, 2Pat, TH and Bennett all playing the same position probably isn't a good idea so I probably wouldn't like to see that trade get done anyways
    Would not go as far as trading DD.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love a move that brought back Bennett and any one 2014 pick for DeMar. Then we can let 2Pat walk and waive Hansbrough (or trade them before the deadline or at the draft in TH's case), leaving more cap space and still have a good backup PF.

Post Thanks / Like

People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast
    Always remember that when a GM is under orders to make playoffs if he wants to keep his job, that the long term suddenly becomes much, much less important than the short term. A useful bench guy for Bennett, who this year is just taking up space on the bench and on payroll so far as Chris Grant is concerned? That is something that can happen.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Please tell me this is some kind of joke...?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I'd love a move that brought back Bennett and any one 2014 pick for DeMar. Then we can let 2Pat walk and waive Hansbrough (or trade them before the deadline or at the draft in TH's case), leaving more cap space and still have a good backup PF.
    So hypothetically if we make a 3 team deal and Miami sends us their 1st and the Cavs send us Bennett for DD you pull the trigger?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Always remember that when a GM is under orders to make playoffs if he wants to keep his job, that the long term suddenly becomes much, much less important than the short term. A useful bench guy for Bennett, who this year is just taking up space on the bench and on payroll so far as Chris Grant is concerned? That is something that can happen.
    Well trading for Fields and his shitty production, contract wouldn't get you an useful bench guy, it would get you fired. Cleveland could get a team to take a gamble on Bennett's potential and give them a really solid bench player, much better than Fields or Novak. Of course Grant isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and stranger things have happened, but still, nearly imposible

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry we're to deep at that position. With the way were playing right now do you see him getting into are big rotation? I'd only be willing to give up Novak/Fields and maybe Hansbrough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    So hypothetically if we make a 3 team deal and Miami sends us their 1st and the Cavs send us Bennett for DD you pull the trigger?
    Um, yes.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Meh. I don't think Novak or Fields moves the needle enough to give up on a 1st overall pick just yet.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information