Would Anthony Bennett be a good fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Anthony Bennett be a good fit?

Before you tear my head off, hear me out. He is a Canadian SF from Toronto who, surprisingly went no one. We all know the story. He is getting NO playing time and is playing like crap. Many believe he was rushed back too soon from his injury. And I am positive the Cavs regret picking him #1. How can they not with the way other Rookies are playing?

I am not sure who we have that Cleveland could use and maybe someone here have ideas, however I think Toronto would be a good fit for him. Especially since we are still in need of a long term SF. And we get our very own Canadian 1st round pick.

Just my 2 cents.

On a side note: does anyone else notice there is no symbol for cents on the iPad or the iPhone or am I just missing it?

I'm not willing to give up any assets for Bennett. I'm not interested in any long-term projects, and the fact that he's Canadian doesn't earn any bonus points in my books.

Comment

In no way he's a SF, he has always played PF and is most comfortable playing that position, he's too slow, fat to play SF and frankly the only similarity he has to a NBA SF is his height. Of course if he drops 40 pounds, improves his quickness, dribbling and speed immensly he could play the position, but right now I think he should try to aclimate to the NBA as a four, because he had an AWFUL start to his career and overthinking learning a new position is the last thing you want to do

Comment

i'd take him

problem is he's coming off a pretty serious injury and the cavs were playing him like a sixth man. they brought him in too soon, and he's trying to do too much. if you could get him for cheap i'd do it, for sure.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bennett will never effectively play SF in the NBA, and even as a PF he'd probably do well to spend some time in the D-League as well as possibly overseas. It's unfortunate being Canadian and all but he is likely going to go down as one of the worst #1 picks in years.

I have no idea why Cleveland picked him. It was a surprise to everyone and they already had Tristan Thompson. It seems they had every intention of trying to convert him to SF which makes absolutely no sense at all.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

From the little I've see of him, Bennett's best case scenario right now seems to be a Jared Sullinger type player, however he has a long way to go before his skills are as refined as Jared's.

Comment

I thought Bennet was an undersized PF ala Quincy Acy and was playing terribly cause Mike Brown camps him on the perimeter? Ya though no leave him in Cleavland to wallow in misery and scrub tastic suckiness. The only Canadian currently in the league I would want is Tristan Thompson I think him beside JV could be epic, that way we Got Amir and Patterson off the bench.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                Before you tear my head off, hear me out. He is a Canadian SF from Toronto who, surprisingly went no one. We all know the story. He is getting NO playing time and is playing like crap. Many believe he was rushed back too soon from his injury. And I am positive the Cavs regret picking him #1. How can they not with the way other Rookies are playing?

I am not sure who we have that Cleveland could use and maybe someone here have ideas, however I think Toronto would be a good fit for him. Especially since we are still in need of a long term SF. And we get our very own Canadian 1st round pick.

Just my 2 cents.

On a side note: does anyone else notice there is no symbol for cents on the iPad or the iPhone or am I just missing it?
                Saying he's Canadian is never a good way to start off an argument.

I'd do it if all it took was an expiring. Bennett for Salmons works straight up.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  I thought Bennet was an undersized PF ala Quincy Acy and was playing terribly cause Mike Brown camps him on the perimeter? Ya though no leave him in Cleavland to wallow in misery and scrub tastic suckiness. The only Canadian currently in the league I would want is Tristan Thompson I think him beside JV could be epic, that way we Got Amir and Patterson off the bench.
                  The problem with comparing his with Acy is that Acy had hustle and drive. What I've seen of Bennett is that he doesn't have the fortitude or drive to be a scrappy player like Acy is. His lack of quickness means he will struggle to keep up with the speed of the NBA. It's really a shame that he was picked too early. As a fellow Canadian I hope he does completely flame out like others before him, ie a Sheldon Williams or Sean May.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Saying he's Canadian is never a good way to start off an argument.

I'd do it if all it took was an expiring. Bennett for Salmons works straight up.
                    I think I'd prefer the cap space especially if MU wants to resign Lowry.

Comment

I'd trade Fields for him.

Not sure I'd even take his contract for free at this point. He's making like 24M over the next 4 years, so basically full MLE money each season. He has potential but not sure it's worth the risk, although you never know if he'd thrive being at home or possibly it could be worse and he'd be subject to some poor influences from friends and/or family.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post

Not sure I'd even take his contract for free at this point. He's making like 24M over the next 4 years, so basically full MLE money each season. He has potential but not sure it's worth the risk, although you never know if he'd thrive being at home or possibly it could be worse and he'd be subject to some poor influences from friends and/or family.
                        Toronto has team options after the first 2 years.. so if he still sucks after 2 years you can drop him. But yeah.. Fields would be a good guy to use as a trade. Or Novak. Give a bad contract for a bad contract.

Comment

Anthony Bennett in his defense and I guess only defense I can draw up he is incredibly out of shape at the moment. He is an enigma why on Earth did the Cavs pick him first? 3 #1 picks in the last decade and still terrible.

well the 2013 Draft will go down as possibly the worst draft ever 3 notable players... novak for Bennet and then toss him into the D-League with Buycks?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Anthony Bennett in his defense and I guess only defense I can draw up he is incredibly out of shape at the moment. He is an enigma why on Earth did the Cavs pick him first? 3 #1 picks in the last decade and still terrible.

well the 2013 Draft will go down as possibly the worst draft ever 3 notable players...
                            It might not. Oladipo shows flashes of stardom every few games, I think he's gonna be a star. MCW is gonna be a star. Antetokounmpo has star potential as does Nerlens Noel who we haven't seen play yet.

There have been worse drafts imo.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post

eating poutine every day

drinking maple syrup
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X