Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
    I'd trade Fields for him.

Not sure I'd even take his contract for free at this point. He's making like 24M over the next 4 years, so basically full MLE money each season. He has potential but not sure it's worth the risk, although you never know if he'd thrive being at home or possibly it could be worse and he'd be subject to some poor influences from friends and/or family.
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Anthony Bennett in his defense and I guess only defense I can draw up he is incredibly out of shape at the moment. He is an enigma why on Earth did the Cavs pick him first? 3 #1 picks in the last decade and still terrible.

well the 2013 Draft will go down as possibly the worst draft ever 3 notable players... novak for Bennet and then toss him into the D-League with Buycks?
    I will not toss Buycks in there. And how the heck did the manage to pull off a #1 pick three times in such a short time frame when others like Bobcats with the worse season in NBA history ended up picking 2nd or 3rd, don't remember exactly!

Comment

I would definitely bring in Bennett for the right price. He is an undersized power forward that score in a variety of ways. He is very mobile and extremely long. Give him some time and a treadmill and I have no doubt he will bounce back.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I would definitely bring in Bennett for the right price. He is an undersized power forward that score in a variety of ways. He is very mobile and extremely long. Give him some time and a treadmill and I have no doubt he will bounce back.
        That is key.

If he doesn't pan out, year 3 and 4 are not guaranteed.

Comment

I'd take definitely take a flyer on Bennett for, say, Steve Novak. Bennett has scary potential; he's been hamstrung and even unintentionally sabotaged by Cleveland's ineptitude. His value is rock-bottom right now so we might as well buy low.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            Before you tear my head off, hear me out. He is a Canadian SF from Toronto who, surprisingly went no one. We all know the story. He is getting NO playing time and is playing like crap. Many believe he was rushed back too soon from his injury. And I am positive the Cavs regret picking him #1. How can they not with the way other Rookies are playing?

I am not sure who we have that Cleveland could use and maybe someone here have ideas, however I think Toronto would be a good fit for him. Especially since we are still in need of a long term SF. And we get our very own Canadian 1st round pick.

Just my 2 cents.

On a side note: does anyone else notice there is no symbol for cents on the iPad or the iPhone or am I just missing it?
            He's a PF naturally, not a SF.

Him getting picked #1 was a bit ridiculous, even though from a potential perspective he was definitely among the top of the draft class.

There's no good basketball reason to do this. It might've made sense when there was discussion about sending Gay to the Cavs...But as someone else mentioned, at this point the only somewhat worthwhile deal for Toronto would be if the Cavs are willing to take back Fields.

Poor Bennett. The whole situation has just been a mess. He looks bad because he's out of shape...in turn because he was rushed back from an injury and never got the chance to get his legs under him before playing NBA ball. He actually has good pop and speed. He was a ridiculous threat as a face-up PF in college. No PF could stay in front of him when he attacked, and he has the bulk to bang for rebounds.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
              It might not. Oladipo shows flashes of stardom every few games, I think he's gonna be a star. MCW is gonna be a star. Antetokounmpo has star potential as does Nerlens Noel who we haven't seen play yet.

There have been worse drafts imo.
              They seem to come every 10-15 years. Still a lot of time to judge this one, but I agree think this one still has some legs -- as you mentioned, Noel hasn't played yet. MCW is decent and I still like Trey Burke. It'll most likely go down as the worst in the last 10 years, but nothing could be worse than the 2000 NBA Draft.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

I'd totally take a flier on Bennett for the right price. Right now I think it's 50/50 whether he's a bust and a horrible pick, or if he's just been put in an awful situation and is floundering as a still developing, very young basketball player.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'd take him for the right price haha id rather have him on our bench then fields or Novak
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                      People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on pa pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair
                      I was just going to post the same thing. Why in the blue hell would they give ul on a first overall pick, within approximately 4 months of his first season, for some scrub type players like Fields or Novak? You must be crazy!

Comment

*up

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                          People who think Novak or Fields would net us Bennett are delirious, he's playing like shit now, but he still has tons of potential and no GM would give up on a pick so fast, just look at Colangelo - Bargnani 7year love affair
                          Chris grant is just that stupid hahah
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Bill SimmonsVerified account ‏@BillSimmons

We need Anthony Bennett to gain 20 more pounds so we can start calling him "Notorious D.N.P."
                            somtimes hes just right....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

somtimes hes just right....
                              Forgot about that. That was epic. I never laughed so hard at anything basketball related as that moment in the draft. Lol

Comment

The poor way that Cleveland has handled this kid demonstrates exactly why they still suck. Why would you set up your number 1 pick to fail? Coming off injury, if a player is supposed to have value, wouldn't you bring along slowly? Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X