Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    He's fine as a backup but even that, he needs to pick things up. Patterson as a 2nd unit last night was possessed. I'm really like that guy. All the Sactown boys really need to match his intensity, especially Vazquez. Funny how some thought, he was our guard for the future and Lowry was discussed in the past tense. Methinks not. Sign Lowry, exercise whatever GV (as a backup) has next year and keep this intact.
    haha love the new avatar!

Basketball related? check

Raptors related? check

Topical? check

Pathetic failure of a tank? check haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    my wife is chinese and we have a google like site called baidu here where you can download any album/song and she asked why i don't and i said it's stealing. her reply was "no it isn't there is a download button right there" haha
    I laughed pretty hard at that.

If you happen to stumble upon a screenshot of the ESPN Insider article, and it's posted elsewhere (say, imgur.com) and you post a link to it here I don't think anyone will have a problem. Don't do that, though.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Universe/milkyway/sol system/earth/north america/canada/ontario/niagara region/niagara-on-the-lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd keep him if the price is right, and i would try to low ball him, and if he doesnt sign he doesnt sign

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He hasint shown any indication that he should be considered for starting. He has been given quality minutes as the main backup PG, and adequate at best has been his grade.

Keep the audition going till seasons end-resign him if the deal is good and if he has improved his play.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that next set of easier games is something that Vasquez can use to get into the rhythm of his game.
    Miami and Indiana are so strong they can punish any weakness and disrupt any flow you have.

I do think that he needs to remember that the Raptors are going to be making the playoffs
    That takes a different attitude than merely picking up a cheque.
    I don't remember him being touted in Scaramento as a borderline or possible All Star like Lowry.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Wiggins wrote: View Post
    career
    shooting%/ft%/apg
    42.6% / 78.7% / 5.5
    41.8% / 81.9% / 5.2

I love that the 5 people that think Lowry is classes above Vasquez are the only ones to post.
    I also love how they twist my words in order to troll.

I never said that i thought Vasquez was better or worse.
    I said they're in the same range (marginal starter/good backup) and one's getting paid way more than the other.

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL
    Stats don't mean everything! Do you not watch raptor games? Whenever Vasquez checks in the flow of the offense is gone our momentum is gone and he makes a lot of mistakes! Vasquez fails miserably at the eye test!

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vasquez is doing fine.

He's been part of the equation that has solidified the depth chart. He single-handedly got us the W against the Bulls on New Years with his 4thQ performance. So what if our back-up PG isn't putting up ridiculous team-leading stats, I don't think back-ups are ever expected to do that sort of thing...sorry for your fantasy teams?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    Vasquez is doing fine.

He's been part of the equation that has solidified the depth chart. He single-handedly got us the W against the Bulls on New Years with his 4thQ performance. So what if our back-up PG isn't putting up ridiculous team-leading stats, I don't think back-ups are ever expected to do that sort of thing...sorry for your fantasy teams?
    Even though his playing bad. His still an upgrade over Stone. Stone should actually pay attention. Vasquez is his ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

U and dc pay lowry 12m/yr to dish 2 assists/game then
    Lowry is 9th in the league in assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

10. Like Just Is, enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Vasquez, but Wiggins was arguing that we should ditch Lowry for him. Of course he is a solid backup. But that's what he is -- a backup.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    Vasquez isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be - He's a backup quality point guard that is strong in passing and attacking the basket off the pick and roll with floaters or passing, is an average rebounder and shooter (great floater though) but he's challenged defensively and can be turnover prone sometimes. He also like Lowry needs to be in a situation where he's on a leash long enough to work confortably in the offence, but short enough to clean up turnovers and forced possessions.

FYI his Qualifier is for 3.2 M next year.
    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I like Vasquez, but Wiggins was arguing that we should ditch Lowry for him. Of course he is a solid backup. But that's what he is -- a backup.

I agree with the above Lowry>Vasquez, both in raw stats and the eye test... that doesn't mean that Vasquez isn't a capable backup point guard. He isn't playing great at the moment but there is plenty of time for him to turn his season around. I'm undecided at this point whether I would want him resigned at the end of the year. My instinct is that hopefully Buycks and Stone develop and they can be effective as or 2nd & 3rd PGs.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Fact is Vasquez hasn't been given a fair shake yet ... Lowry's had more than enough time a has part of one good year to show for it. All i said is Lowry is not worth 2 or 3 times Vasquez. If you think Lowry is some allstar guard in the nba then rofl. He's a marginal starting pg but great backup. I don't like the idea of paying a backup guard starter money. Vasquez doesn't make starter money. Get it straight before start posting some crap about what i said.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Fact is Vasquez hasn't been given a fair shake yet ... Lowry's had more than enough time a has part of one good year to show for it. All i said is Lowry is not worth 2 or 3 times Vasquez. If you think Lowry is some allstar guard in the nba then rofl. He's a marginal starting pg but great backup. I don't like the idea of paying a backup guard starter money. Vasquez doesn't make starter money. Get it straight before start posting some crap about what i said.
    Wow. I try to avoid accusing someone of trolling, but you are calling Lowry a backup on the day that he is put on NBA.com's MVP Ladder. So I guess the whole league is wrong? This is amazing.

These guys are professionals, if Vasquez wants the chance to prove he is worth more he needs to thrive in the time he is given. No one feels sorry for him. Right now he is not proving that he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You dont have to troll Lowry to make a point about Vasquez. The question is, is Vasquez good enough. And all you have come up with is comparing him to Lowry, and calling Lowry a backup, and dismissing the idea that Lowry very well COULD end up being an All-Star this year with a 'rofl'.

Great Troll, Lots Fun, Very Rofl. 10/10
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg ... I love that you trolls twist everything. He's playing the best of his career recently but the only reason he's even in the conversation for allstar this year is because so many guards are or have been injured. Sorry, that's a fact and even then he's a longshot to be an allstar. As far as being a starter there are possibly a handful of teams that would trade their starter for Lowry. A lot might not even trade their backup for him. Vasquez is right there as a decent backup guard so they're in the same group. A couple of weeks of decent play doesn't change that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you trolls jump on that "a lot might not trade their backup" it should be "a couple"

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go away Wiggins. (Never thought I would say that)
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Much troll
    Such BS
    Wow

20. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Much troll
    Such BS
    Wow

LWOWry
    Such marginality
    Many overpay

Raptors Republic Rookie Tortacular's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From Zach Lowe, who named Lowry an Eastern Conference All-Star Starter:

Lowry has been the team’s best player — and probably the best all-around point guard in the Eastern Conference this season. He’s taken flight offensively since the Rudy Gay deal, and he’s found a way to reconcile his havoc-creating gambles on defense with Dwane Casey’s larger scheme.
    You can find me on Twitter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information