Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U and dc pay lowry 12m/yr to dish 2 assists/game then

Comment

Love these idiots talking so much crap when Lowry's best season is not close to Vasquez's best season. Lowry is a marginal starting pg. Vasquez is prolly about the same but he's bigger, cheaper and at least he passes the ball.

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
        There's a chinese website that let's you read insider articles. Can't remember the name and even if I did... I feel like you can get banned for such things lol.

I have insider, that's just a heads up for anyone who doesn't.
        my wife is chinese and we have a google like site called baidu here where you can download any album/song and she asked why i don't and i said it's stealing. her reply was "no it isn't there is a download button right there" haha

if i can find the way to insider because for all we know they have a deal with the government to let chinese people have it free for the advertising the clicks would create, i will post it. unless that isn't cool apollo, doc, arse, any mod?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          he has never been able to shoot. he just made up for it by passing. except now hes not even doing that.
          i had high hopes for vasquez. i think we are seeing the anthony davis effect

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
            U and dc pay lowry 12m/yr to dish 2 assists/game then
            What? Lowry has been puttng up double doubles the past couple weeks lol. I have faith Vasquez will turn it around I was stoked when we got him but sadly hes struggled Im generally worried in games when he takes the floor. Vasquez just cant get comfy doing what everyones seen him be so good at running floater, short J catch and shoot 3 and running amazing PnR.

Havent seen any of it..... whatever though league is full of PGs to come off the bench and be solid for us if Vasquez continues to soak the bed with urine.

Comment

Love these idiots talking so much crap when Lowry's best season is not close to Vasquez's best season. Lowry is a marginal starting pg. Vasquez is prolly about the same but he's bigger, cheaper and at least he passes the ball.

What a load of crap. Lowry is far better. Lowry averages 7.5 assists a game Lol, bit different to 2. Vasquez has had one decent season in his career, where he put up 13 and 9 for a mediocre New Orleans lineup. How can you say that Lowry has not come close to that Lol. Vasquez is an awful defender for starters, so you can take away quite a lot of what he does on the offensive end because of that, where as Lowry is a very good defender, I do not care if he's smaller, Lowry arguably plays bigger. He's great on the boards for a point guard and is tough as nails. Lowry this season also is averaging less shot attempts per game than Vasquez did in his "best season", and as we've seen this season, he does fancy himself as a scorer too and puts up a ton of terrible shots, something I wasn't really aware of prior to him coming here.
              Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Jan 8, 2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                What a load of crap. Lowry is far better. Lowry averages 7.5 assists a game Lol, bit different to 2. Vasquez has had one decent season in his career, where he put up 13 and 9 for a mediocre New Orleans lineup. How can you say that Lowry has not come close to that Lol. Vasquez is an awful defender for starters, so you can take away quite a lot of what he does on the offensive end because of that, where as Lowry is a very good defender, I do not care if he's smaller, Lowry arguably plays bigger. He's great on the boards for a point guard and is tough as nails. Lowry this season also is averaging less shot attempts per game than Vasquez did in his "best season", and as we've seen this season, he does fancy himself as a scorer too and puts up a ton of terrible shots, something I wasn't really aware of prior to him coming here.

Lowry is averaging 7.5 assists THIS YEAR, so if you're going to say crap like vasquez has had one decent season in his career, he's only played TWO. In addition, the last i checked 9 is still more than 7.5 and if you're going to say a mediocre New Orleans lineup that adds MORE credence to his numbers not less. As to Vasquez being a horrible defender for one he's 6 inches taller than Lowry that's a HUGE difference and as for Lowry being a good defender where is the proof of this? Ever since Lowry was traded to Toronto i've been hearing about this great defense he brings and i see him getting lit up by guards on a nightly basis. "He's great on the boards for a point guard"? Is this a joke? So his career 3.7 rebounds/game is what qualifies as great? Please.

I'm not even that high on Vasquez or that low on Lowry just be realistic please. Lowry has been playing the best of his career and Vasquez has potential to be much better than he's shown and they're still not that far apart. But one is gonna make twice or three times what the other is going to next year?

Comment

Oh I think they're considerably far apart, but I guess we'll just have to disagree there. I guess you just look at his stats "omg 9 assists per game" and think, wow, great point guard. His defense is awful, doesn't make a difference if you are 6'6 if you can't move your feet. I expected him to come in here and be helpful, and maybe he still could. I thought it'd be great for JV to get the chance to play pick and roll with someone like Vasquez, but he seems more interested in jacking up poor shots than playing team ball at this stage.

Comment

Vasquez is pretty garbage, his slowness and complete lack of ball skills really bother me a lot.

Comment

Wait...wait...we're comparing Lowry ... and Vasquez? And someone thinks Vasquez is better....LMAO!

Come on now. One stat does not make a player.

Lowry scores more, rebounds more, is a more efficient player, I believe he turns the ball over less, better from the perimeter. That's throughout their careers. Sure when healthy, Vasquez is nice with the assists...but that's it. Apparently he had foot surgery a while back and hasn't looked the same since. That's neither here nor there. He could still initiate the offense earlier in the clock, he could still try to penetrate off the pick and role and pass to an wing if the floater isn't sticking...He's just not playing a smart game.

There's a reason the Pelli's let him go. There's a reason why the Raps traded a draft pick for Lowry. Different quality of players. All the praise from Leo can't change that. And I sincerely like Vasquez, his play in Maryland, his international play. But come on, this is silly.

Comment

Lowry is averaging 7.5 assists THIS YEAR, so if you're going to say crap like vasquez has had one decent season in his career, he's only played TWO. In addition, the last i checked 9 is still more than 7.5 and if you're going to say a mediocre New Orleans lineup that adds MORE credence to his numbers not less. As to Vasquez being a horrible defender for one he's 6 inches taller than Lowry that's a HUGE difference and as for Lowry being a good defender where is the proof of this? Ever since Lowry was traded to Toronto i've been hearing about this great defense he brings and i see him getting lit up by guards on a nightly basis. "He's great on the boards for a point guard"? Is this a joke? So his career 3.7 rebounds/game is what qualifies as great? Please.

I'm not even that high on Vasquez or that low on Lowry just be realistic please. Lowry has been playing the best of his career and Vasquez has potential to be much better than he's shown and they're still not that far apart. But one is gonna make twice or three times what the other is going to next year?
                        Greivis, please stop posting on the internet and work on your jump shot.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Greivis, please stop posting on the internet and work on your jump shot.
                          I actually lol'd at that. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

career
                            shooting%/ft%/apg
                            42.6% / 78.7% / 5.5
                            41.8% / 81.9% / 5.2

I love that the 5 people that think Lowry is classes above Vasquez are the only ones to post.
                            I also love how they twist my words in order to troll.

I never said that i thought Vasquez was better or worse.
                            I said they're in the same range (marginal starter/good backup) and one's getting paid way more than the other.

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL

Comment

career
                              shooting%/ft%/apg
                              42.6% / 78.7% / 5.5
                              41.8% / 81.9% / 5.2

I love that the 5 people that think Lowry is classes above Vasquez are the only ones to post.
                              I also love how they twist my words in order to troll.

I never said that i thought Vasquez was better or worse.
                              I said they're in the same range (marginal starter/good backup) and one's getting paid way more than the other.

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL

Unfortunately it appears that you are the troll. You say That Lowry's best season is not even close to Vesquez's best season and... you'er right!!! But that's because the only season that Lowry has that is close to Vasquez's best season is his WORST season. Let look at the stats...

Please click the links and compare the numbers yourselves... Lowry is here Vasquez is here

G MP PER TS% eFG% FTr 3PAr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
                              78 2685 16.3 0.502 0.474 0.152 0.24 1.9 13.3 7.5 44.9 1.3 0.2 18.6 23 105 112 3 0.7 3.8 0.067
                              82 2089 14.3 0.531 0.463 0.588 0.236 2.2 11.3 6.7 21.8 2.2 0.8 14.6 18.6 108 111 2.1 1.3 3.4 0.078

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
                              78 78 2685 5.9 13.6 0.433 1.1 3.3 0.342 4.8 10.3 0.462 1.7 2.1 0.805 0.6 3.9 4.5 9.4 0.9 0.1 3.3 2.5 14.5
                              82 9 2089 4.4 10.2 0.432 0.6 2.4 0.257 3.8 7.8 0.487 4.2 6 0.698 0.7 3.6 4.3 5.1 1.6 0.4 2.2 3.2 13.6

G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
                              78 78 34.4 5.6 13 0.433 1.1 3.1 0.342 4.6 9.9 0.462 1.6 2 0.805 0.6 3.8 4.3 9 0.8 0.1 3.2 2.4 13.9
                              82 9 25.5 3.1 7.2 0.432 0.4 1.7 0.257 2.7 5.5 0.487 3 4.2 0.698 0.5 2.5 3 3.6 1.1 0.3 1.5 2.3 9.6

Sorry about the table, never figured out how to do it.

One of these players is a 26 year old Vasquez on his best season, and one of these is a 21 year old Kyle Lowry having his worst season...

Drops the mic
                              Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Jan 8, 2014, 05:19 AM.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

short guy has more blocks, steals, 3pt%, ppg, after spending more times as a back up, free throw attempts, short guy rebounds more even though the competition stays the same hieght

there is actually a whole stat line there that show a complete player

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4291/greivis-vasquez
                                http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3012/kyle-lowry

lets not pick and choose after accusing of picking and choosing

pot meet kettle

as far as "his chance" to start. he started next to anthony davis and had a great year got traded and lost his starters job. he had his chance already. he wants to start he has to take it by being a better player than lowry, which he can't do because he isn't

Comment

Working...
                                X