No announcement yet.

The next 13 games in the month of January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 8 is reasonable and would be more than happy with it. Superior teams lose to inferior teams all the time. It happens. Chances are were not going to win EVERY game against teams that aren't as good as we are. I don't think our team is good enough to win 9 of 13 immediately after winning a 10 of 13 stretch. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but to say you wouldn't be happy with any less than 9 wins is a little much.

Comment

All this talk has made me curious... so I throw out some trivia, mainly because I have no idea what the answer is off the top of my head... does anybody know what the Raptors' longest winning streak is?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        All this talk has made me curious... so I throw out some trivia, mainly because I have no idea what the answer is off the top of my head... does anybody know what the Raptors' longest winning streak is?
        I believe its 9 Games. But I could be pulling that number out of my Ass. But I seem to remember that being a thing, as I was surprised we'd never won 10 in a row.

I know we've had good streaks of like 18-3 and stuff like that in the past, but can't seem to remember a streak of epic proportions.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I believe its 9 Games. But I could be pulling that number out of my Ass. But I seem to remember that being a thing, as I was surprised we'd never won 10 in a row.

I know we've had good streaks of like 18-3 and stuff like that in the past, but can't seem to remember a streak of epic proportions.
          Yes your right , march 22 to april 9 2002.

Comment

This stretch is sooooooooo important. I'm pretty much sure that teams like Cleveland, NY, Brooklyn and Boston will have a wayyyyy better 2nd half of season so it's time to make a push toward securing that roster spot before those teams wake up from their coma.

Comment

Expecting only 2-3 losses in a month? Have fans gone fucking delusional?

Jan will be 7-8 wins which is still respectable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

raptor_dave<> wrote: View Post
                The below list highlights the Raptors next 13 games all in the month of January 2014. I argue that this month is BY FAR the most important month of the season (excluding Playoffs...knock on wood) and maybe the most important stretch of games in recent memory. The month of January, excluding the games against Miami and Indy, could be the catalyst to a successful winning season by many accounts. I know Casey has traditionally only looked at 5 game blocks but this upcoming schedule is theirs for the taking as far as I'm concerned. Im not saying they should overlook anyone but other than some tough matchups against Minn, Denver and Dallas Id like to see no more than 2 or 3 losses this month. What do you all think? Go Raps! #RTZ

Detroit - WIN (already written!)

Brooklyn - WIN (do it for wheelchair Drizzy)

Milwaukee - WIN (I'd make the team do suicides til the sun came up if they lost this one)

Boston - WIN (Kelly is a girl's name)

Minnesota - LOST (Love gettin angry)

Los Angeles - LOST (Always hang tough when Kobe plays, somehow lose when he doesn't)

Charlotte - WIN (revenge game)

Dallas - LOST (Caldy goes off and even has a defensive late in the game to seal the victory)

Philadelphia - WIN (something like 120-115)

Los Angeles - LOST (winnable, but ultimately lose)

Brooklyn - LOST (BK will be on the up and up)

Orlando - WIN (I think I'm going to this one they they gotta do it for me)

Denver - LOST (Nuggets wake up for this one to stick to MU

7-6
                Seems the most realistic.

We're good and team ball has been phenomenal. This cohesiveness will wear from time to time with more hero/iso ball as confidence grows (as we saw last night against Det).

I'm going to take the cautiously optimistic approach and say there will be some growing pains. We're riding a hot streak right now, but how long will it last before guys start trying to do more than they should?
                Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Working...
                X