Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same Sets, Different Team - BR breaks down Post-Rudy Raps (plus.. is BR Good?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Sets, Different Team - BR breaks down Post-Rudy Raps (plus.. is BR Good?!)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rudy-gay-trade

Throughout this stretch I've been really trying not to get too excited because I don't want to be disappointed. I need to know that this was not a flash in the pan. Are we actually good? or are we actually bad?

This article, for me, explains a lot.

What it shows is that we haven't changed anything since Gay left. We have the same sets, the same strategies, but now we're running them properly.

It makes sense to me why the vast improvement. The talent we have overall was always good enough for a playoff spot in this putrid conference. We may drop off a bit, who knows, but I think we can put to bed the idea that we are not one of the top 5 teams in the conference (with or without injuries to certain players)

Interesting that the sets are all the same. Rudy really is a one of a kind ball stopper.

I also find it crazy that we live in a time where bleacher report isn't completely garbage anymore and they're actually attracting some of the best writers.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Interesting that the sets are all the same. Rudy really is a one of a kind ball stopper.

I also find it crazy that we live in a time where bleacher report isn't completely garbage anymore and they're actually attracting some of the best writers.
      I think NBC bought them out sometime last year. They've been making them legitimate while trying to hold on to the traffic the site was already getting.

Comment

That's a great article, but I think you should give the thread a better name so more people might read it.

And, please ignore my avatar. :-D

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
          That's a great article, but I think you should give the thread a better name so more people might read it.

And, please ignore my avatar. :-D
          hahaha ok I'll try something else

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
            I think NBC bought them out sometime last year. They've been making them legitimate while trying to hold on to the traffic the site was already getting.
            Yeah, they definitley put out a lot of low quality garbage

But this was written from someone on TrueHoop. A Pacers Fan. He was probably trying to understand what the hell was happening when we kicked their ass and then they barely won last night

Comment

Nice find. Explains a lot.

Comment

Love the article. Emphasis on floor balance on both sides of the court. With Gay out, we have better spacing since Ross occupies space outside the 3pt line -- whereas Gay operated primarily out of mid range/high post.

Same touches for DeRozan & more pick and roll. Add the Sac players -- defined skill, good discipline && we have a good balanced team.

I still think our talent level is not elite compared to alot of teams. But we have alot of upside & our coaching staff has done an excellent job to get these guys playing as a unit on both ends.

Talent is good, but it has to fit.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

A testament to Rudy's awfulness.

Comment

Whats interesting about the article as well though, is that the spacing is much improved, as is pointed on a few sets.
                    Not sure how Rudy affected the bigs positioning, or if its just Everyone being on the same page.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Whats interesting about the article as well though, is that the spacing is much improved, as is pointed on a few sets.
                      Not sure how Rudy affected the bigs positioning, or if its just Everyone being on the same page.
                      It's not that Rudy affected the positioning as much as where the ball went and the shot that was ultimately taken. It's not so much that he was standing in the wrong spot, as much as it was that he ignored the play completely, and took a shot. And what was troubling is that the rest of the team thought that it was appropriate.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                        It's not that Rudy affected the positioning as much as where the ball went and the shot that was ultimately taken. It's not so much that he was standing in the wrong spot, as much as it was that he ignored the play completely, and took a shot. And what was troubling is that the rest of the team thought that it was appropriate.
                        I doubt they thought that. They knew the difference, as evidenced by the quick turnaround post Rudy.

Comment

Bleacher Report is becoming a legitimate sports site. I didn't realize NBC bought it, but that makes sense.

They stole Howard Beck from the New York Times a couple months ago. If you're nabbing writers from the NYT, you're not trying to be sports TMZ anymore.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Bleacher Report has quality writers and quality articles but I still don't consider it a reliable source for things like rumours. Case and point about a year ago a friend of mine submitted an article he wrote and then a week later was made a writer. He doesn't lack basketball knowledge but is by no means a writer and could now post any rumour he wanted. Its incredibly easy and although I dont use it much I hear there's some credibility rating for the writers so you can always find articles from more established writers but it still seems like you have to filter through a lot of crap to find anything good.

Comment

Working...
                            X