Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Only 12 of Raps remaining games are against Teams above .500

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Lol .500 is not 500%.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    There you go. Fixed it. Hope that made your year so far.

  2. Like S.R. liked this post
  3. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    There you go. Fixed it. Hope that made your year so far.
    Being a turd without real life consequences is one of the three reasons the Internet exists.

    In all honesty, appreciated the OP. Only 12 games against +.500 teams is crazy. I'm really interested in seeing if the Raps stay focused and keep developing good habits, or if they start to relax and play down to the competition. They need to be firing on all cylinders for the playoffs.

    One advantage is maybe they can pace their minutes a bit and focus on staying healthy. Are they officially good enough to do that?

  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    12 games remaining against teams over .500.
    26 home, 22 away
    leave their own timezone only 4 times
    8 back-to-back sets (6 through first 34 games)
    3 road games against +.600 teams (7 in first 34 games)

    The schedule shapes up really nicely in a lot of ways. Still need to play the games, but I don't see .667 (32 and 16) being unrealistic.
    tank-agnostic

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds now 18.4% of making finals an 7.9% of winning championship. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Cause I'm a dreamer baby.

  6. Like Joey liked this post
  7. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Only 12 of Raps remaining games are against Teams above .500

    Based on the Hollinger scale you linked, the raptors have 100% chance of making the playoffs and 13% chance of making the finals. We have more of a chance of making the finals than Miami and more of a chance of being the champs than Miami does.

    You never know, and I think it's very unlikely, but teams can make an inspired playoff run and I think these guys just may have it in them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  8. Like Joey liked this post
  9. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the easy schedule seems easier since most of the eastern conference is below .500. What it doesn't tell us is how some of the Eastern conference teams are improving play and making pushes for the playoffs,.. they won't all continue to play sub .500 ball. Still, easier schedule regardless

  10. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Based on the Hollinger scale you linked, the raptors have 100% chance of making the playoffs and 13% chance of making the finals. We have more of a chance of making the finals than Miami and more of a chance of being the champs than Miami does.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's actually really funny.. who would've thought. I suppose it's based on randomization though so nobody can attack it
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  11. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    the easy schedule seems easier since most of the eastern conference is below .500. What it doesn't tell us is how some of the Eastern conference teams are improving play and making pushes for the playoffs,.. they won't all continue to play sub .500 ball. Still, easier schedule regardless
    Good point, both NYK teams seem to be picking it up, and other teams like Wash and Cleveland could very well improve as the season goes on. nonetheless, I'd rather play them than all but two of the West teams.

  12. #29
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds now 18.4% of making finals an 7.9% of winning championship. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Cause I'm a dreamer baby.
    Ummmm... That chart now indicates we have a 100% chance of making the Playoffs, and a better chance of making the Finals (and winning it all) than MIAMI.
    WTF.

    AND they're projecting us to win 50 Games.

    ADD Sorry just noticed wheazhy beat me to it.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 10th, 2014 at 09:11 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  13. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ummmm... That chart now indicates we have a 100% chance of making the Playoffs, and a better chance of making the Finals (and winning it all) than MIAMI.
    WTF.

    AND they're projecting us to win 50 Games.
    That makes no sense at all eh. Your avatar drives me nuts lol

  14. #31
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    That makes no sense at all eh. Your avatar drives me nuts lol
    Hahahah I was wondering if it would be too troll-y.
    I just love how Leo always manages to insult players without really saying it in a hurtful way.
    In Masai we Trust.

  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hahahah I was wondering if it would be too troll-y.
    I just love how Leo always manages to insult players without really saying it in a hurtful way.
    It would only be trolling if someone actually likes Leo
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. Like Letter N liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •