Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: There are currently 430 users browsing this forum. (32 members and 398 guests)

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm curious as to whether you are a considered a "guest" if you are not "logged in"?..because I sometimes just browse and only log in if I'm going to make a post.
    Yes, unless your logged in you would just show up as a "guest".

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcomes all! Yeah, I understand the need for them security questions I just wish I wasn't so slow in figuring them out

Garbs is an abreevs of my last name Garber but I didn't mind Garbo when he was here either.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CGarbs wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes all! Yeah, I understand the need for them security questions I just wish I wasn't so slow in figuring them out

Garbs is an abreevs of my last name Garber but I didn't mind Garbo when he was here either.
    I just edited it and made it very clear. The answer in lowercase and to make sure to put a space between the first and last names.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention. Can you tell I've neglected some of my duties here? Sorry fellas.

4. Like CGarbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a reader at heart, especially when it's about the Raptors! My girlfriend thinks it's not really considered "reading". blah! When I first joined this site, I actually thought this was the Official Raptors website. Haha... But you know what, I think it Unofficially is already. I wish I was in T.O. (where I plan on moving next) but Calgary is still a cool place to live, better than Winter-holy-hell-it's-minus-50-over-here-peg, where I was born and raised! Hahaha... hey wpg will always be my home.

Anyway, I've come to enjoy the material that's been on this site. The special guests from other team forums as well as RR own writers. I don't always post anything, usually when I'm super excited about something but I do want to thank the people who run this site. It takes a lot of work, a lot of time and a lot of dedication to do what ya'll do here. Sometimes you don't get the appreciation and/or credit you guys deserve. That's why I'm saying "thanks for all the hard work putting this site up". I look forward to many more articles, especially since we have a team we can finally cheer for when they (hopefully) make the playoffs!

GO RAPS GO!!!

(How do you change my signature anyway? I feel, sheepish with outdated material... :P )
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    You'll see the same shit here that you'll see on any forum or board anywhere on the internet.
    I'm not going to make this about Matt52 (even though I was/am a big fan of his posts) because the mods have a super hard job that takes a lot of work, and if Matt52 got banned that's on him. His wife is probably thankful (I know my wife would be!)

However, I do disagree with the statement above. Here at RR you see way less shit/trolling (trade forum excepted!) than on other forums which is why I only post/visit this one. I really hope that continues. I actually like the fact that we at least try to be respectful to each other. In order to keep the tone civil I've decided to report posts that make personal attacks to other posters and I would encourage others who feel the same to do so as well. I don't want any posters to be banned, (but fully support the mods for doing so when necessary). I just want to keep it about basketball and not about our egos.

Just my two cents.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

7. Like Bendit, Joey, Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also back to the point of the thread, I just click the little check box to keep me always logged in. That way when I want to post I don't get redirected to a login in page... saves me like 5 seconds every time I want to post!

EDIT: It's also nice to be able to see which members are reading, especially when you've responded to an earlier post of theirs... I encourage all regular readers to be members and log in, even if your posts are few and far between (or non-existent).
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

9. Like CalgaryRapsFan, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I only come here when I want to masterbate, then I reread the Rudy Gay trade thread and I'm ready. Was great to have new material after using the Barg trade thread for so long.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Few things....

1. Mango is right. One thing I have grown to enjoy about this forum, morse so than the last I was on, was that guys here DO get it. They do treat it like its 5-10 buddies at a bar, or in a RecRoom drinking beer, watching hoops, and talking shit. Its great. Because when you can say to a guy "thats just fucking awful, youre insane" and have him tell you to go to hell, but have both understand it is what it is, shit talk for fun.....then thats when you get an authentic experience.

Anyone watch "The League"? THAT is what it should be like.

Anyhow. I should be a high level moderator.

I am quite awesome.
    the league is awesome.

and matt52 definitely made this place way more fun/informative/knowledgeable than it probably will be now, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    (How do you change my signature anyway? I feel, sheepish with outdated material... :P )
    Click "Settings" at the top of the Page. Then Click "Edit Signature" on the Left Hand Pane.
    Get rid of that "#SupportAndrea" real quick before anyone sees! Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

13. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    the league is awesome.

and matt52 definitely made this place way more fun/informative/knowledgeable than it probably will be now, unfortunately.
    You know what..that;s enough about Matt52. He couldn't handle the heat, so he got out of the kitchen. End of story. This entire thread is about how there's 1000's of people that visit here daily, if there's not one single person there that can fill the gap left by the apparently beloved Matt52, I'm sure there's enough people here where it can be a collective effort until everyone's basically forgot all about Matt.

But, first thing's first, you gotta let it go people. It's Doc's site and he booted him because he felt it was necessary. As someone who's received infractions, warnings, suspensions and bans. It does not happen without merit.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I'm not going to make this about Matt52 (even though I was/am a big fan of his posts) because the mods have a super hard job that takes a lot of work, and if Matt52 got banned that's on him. His wife is probably thankful (I know my wife would be!)

However, I do disagree with the statement above. Here at RR you see way less shit/trolling (trade forum excepted!) than on other forums which is why I only post/visit this one. I really hope that continues. I actually like the fact that we at least try to be respectful to each other. In order to keep the tone civil I've decided to report posts that make personal attacks to other posters and I would encourage others who feel the same to do so as well. I don't want any posters to be banned, (but fully support the mods for doing so when necessary). I just want to keep it about basketball and not about our egos.

Just my two cents.
    Did Matt52 get banned?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

the league is awesome.

The league is terrible. Its lowest-hanging-fruit type humour. Expletives and being raunchy does not equate to comedy. The last thing I want is to model our interactions to the League..

Matt52 also came off as condescending 75% of the time and was a bit too stubborn in my opinion. I don't think the forum will miss a beat.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    The league is terrible. Its lowest-hanging-fruit type humour. Expletives and being raunchy does not equate to comedy. The last thing I want is to model our interactions to the League..

Matt52 also came off as condescending 75% of the time and was a bit too stubborn in my opinion. I don't think the forum will miss a beat.
    The league reference had nothing to do in context with matt52. He wasn't like that at all. Want more league-minded folk? That's Craig/p00ka/etc crowd.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The league reference had nothing to do in context with matt52. He wasn't like that at all. Want more league-minded folk? That's Craig/p00ka/etc crowd.
    Sorry, I wasnt connecting them either. Craig referenced to making the atmosphere more like the League, and I think thats going towards RealGM-esque conversation.

Matt52 is another issue all together.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall him being any more condescending than anyone else on here when there's a heated debate going on.

Anyway that's all I have to say about the situation. Honestly I always found his posts to be incredibly knowledgeable and any point he brought up was generally always backed up with good points and stats. It was posts like his that made me respect this forum more than other places.

NOT saying that no one else here is as prolific or detailed as matt52 can be, but yah. Shitty loss. And sorry that's all I have to say about it.

Post Thanks / Like

if anyones keeping touch with Matt52 (it seems he's got rid of his twitter) tell him i miss his musk and when this all blows over we should get an apartment together
    @jerboat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a backdoor cheap shot artist is admirable, compared to whatever this league thing is, I guess?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Being a backdoor cheap shot artist is admirable, compared to whatever this league thing is, I guess?
    Agreed. Lets avoid discussing specific posters, especially in any sort of negative light.

Doc posted an official statement on the obvious issue. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really anything to say about matt asi didn't know him, but i find the league hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    What! I LIKE the league. So that was a compliment man!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information