Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are currently 430 users browsing this forum. (32 members and 398 guests)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are currently 430 users browsing this forum. (32 members and 398 guests)

I can't say that I have paid a lot of attention to the numbers in the past, but this is certainly a far cry from the last year or so.

I have often wondered about the "guests" though. Having 10 times as many anonymous browsers perusing the posts as actual members seems a little startling. Not sure how many members even post regularly. Probably not more than 30 or so. I wonder why the guests don't join in the conversation.

Probably not more than half of them are journalists looking for stories, or members of the Raptors management team looking for playing strategies or potential trade ideas. So why are the other half just browsing instead of mixing it up? In awe of the intelligence on display? Or frightened off by the name calling?

Actually Puffer ....

There are currently 707 users online. 51 members and 656 guests

Comment

Those numbers are mild in comparison to afternoons and evenings here. Right now we're averaging about 175 to 200 registered members that login daily with a range of 85 to 110 active at any moment during peaks periods throughout each day. Guests, are normally anywhere between 1000 to 2000 per day. Those numbers aren't entirely accurate though because alot of those guests are bots that cycle through their rotation of websites collecting interweb information. That being said, a solid number of those guests are just that. Alot of fans are just lurkers, while others are loyal to other Raptors message boards and just peruse other fan sites for shits and giggles.

At the end of the day we've come along way from when this forum started up a couple years back, but overall I think the fans like what they see here. Some have begun to compare us to the RealGM Raptors board and as some might take that as an insult, I take it as a compliment. They still are the benchmark in my opinion to message boards when it comes to Raptors fan forums.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        I can't say that I have paid a lot of attention to the numbers in the past, but this is certainly a far cry from the last year or so.

I have often wondered about the "guests" though. Having 10 times as many anonymous browsers perusing the posts as actual members seems a little startling. Not sure how many members even post regularly. Probably not more than 30 or so. I wonder why the guests don't join in the conversation.

Probably not more than half of them are journalists looking for stories, or members of the Raptors management team looking for playing strategies or potential trade ideas. So why are the other half just browsing instead of mixing it up? In awe of the intelligence on display? Or frightened off by the name calling?
        I post every now and then, but I'm usually browsing as a guest. I use the forum as a portal to other interesting articles or the latest news. There are some interesting threads, but as soon as they degrade into bickering I usually stop reading :P

Comment

this is the first and only Raptors message board I have joined. I haven't even considered joining another...I like what the posters here bring to the table and to be honest, I haven't even looked at the other forums. But I wish there were more regular posters here...there tends to be a lot of back and forth on the same topics, which I am guilty of being a part of. Nonetheless its fun.

Also, I do not doubt that members of the media and within the Raps organization regularly visit this forum to see what all us die hard Raptor fans are saying.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Also, I do not doubt that members of the media and within the Raps organization regularly visit this forum to see what all us die hard Raptor fans are saying.
            I do know that members that work within the MLSE in a support capacity (PR/media types) do check out Raptors blogs/boards often, but as for the "big cheese's" or notable Raptors execs, who knows. If I ever hear of any of them checking us out though, ya'll will be the first to know.

Comment

I'm a frequent lurker. I hear my own opinion in my head all day, so I don't feel a strong need to type it out so I can read it again. Personally, I just enjoy reading everyone's opinions. I don't feel the need to respond, but I check this site every day. Just like any organization, 10% will carry 90% of the load. The rest will just enjoy the free ride.

Comment

Shame that we lost one of the more knowledgeable members

Comment

You mean the one with more posts then everybody combined?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                    What who? I'm still here, so I don't understand your comment.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I gained interest in the forum from regularly checking the main RR page and stumbling upon the forum. It also helps that the people here are respectful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      OG is our king

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                        Definitely.

Mods, you should reconsider your stance on this matter. Do we really want to lose 5+ years of solid contributions over a few days' worth of sillyness?

I hope that once the dust settles, one of you will reach out to Matt with an invitation to re-join. The forums will be better because of it.

Comment

I can think of a couple trolls that should have been banned over Matt
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Maybe the guests are all banned ex-members.....I know you're out the Multipaul!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Definitely.

Mods, you should reconsider your stance on this matter. Do we really want to lose 5+ years of solid contributions over a few days' worth of sillyness?

I hope that once the dust settles, one of you will reach out to Matt with an invitation to re-join. The forums will be better because of it.
                              The whole situation is reminding me of what happened to Tim W. He was getting bombarded with posts during Bargnani's infamous 13 game stretch. He decided to stop posting. I guess it worked out for him since he writes articles on the main page. Wonder if that will be Matt's next gig?

Comment

Working...
                              X