Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are currently 430 users browsing this forum. (32 members and 398 guests)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGarbs wrote: View Post
    ...Anyways, glad to have finally figured it all out and I am looking forward to being on this site even more than previously!!
    Anyone with "Garbs" in their username is automatically a welcome member. Glad you persisted.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Winning fixes everything, even on message boards!
      The thing is that it's not a particular person or group, it was the entire RR group which just seemed extremely negative. I even stopped reading RR for a while because an increasing number of posts were either sarcastic or pessimistic. You are correct though the current Raptors streak actually got me back into RR and I hope we continue to win.

Comment

I don't log on for one day and Matty D gets banned? damn thats rough. Will someone fill me in on what happened?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I don't log on for one day and Matty D gets banned? damn thats rough. Will someone fill me in on what happened?
          Read Doc's post in this thread and send him a follow-up PM.

Comment

Check Naismith's post on 1st page of this thread

Comment

Glad you figured it out CGarbs. Welcome to the Republic!

Comment

Check 1st page
                Dr.James Naismith
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Those numbers are mild in comparison to afternoons and evenings here. Right now we're averaging about 175 to 200 registered members that login daily with a range of 85 to 110 active at any moment during peaks periods throughout each day. Guests, are normally anywhere between 1000 to 2000 per day. Those numbers aren't entirely accurate though because alot of those guests are bots that cycle through their rotation of websites collecting interweb information. That being said, a solid number of those guests are just that. Alot of fans are just lurkers, while others are loyal to other Raptors message boards and just peruse other fan sites for shits and giggles.

At the end of the day we've come along way from when this forum started up a couple years back, but overall I think the fans like what they see here. Some have begun to compare us to the RealGM Raptors board and as some might take that as an insult, I take it as a compliment. They still are the benchmark in my opinion to message boards when it comes to Raptors fan forums.
                  I'm curious as to whether you are a considered a "guest" if you are not "logged in"?..because I sometimes just browse and only log in if I'm going to make a post.

Also, if you notice there are a lot of people who make the occasional post who aren't very well versed in english. So, they may have a tough time registering or whatever..
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I have been lurking on here for years, discovered through a Raptors HQ link back in the day. Back then RaptorsHQ was my main site and I'd come here occasionally, now I exclusively come here for raptorstalk. I actually am active on other boards(non bball related) but I remember having difficulty registering before on here and so just gave up. This thread made me try again and it was similarly frustrating(20 minutes to figure out registration is brutal!). MY problem came with the security question: Which player did we acquire from Memphis this season? I first glazed over the Memphis part and thought of our sacremento trade and threw in salmons which didn't work. Next I read it right and just assumed the question hasn't been updated in awhile and so I threw in rudygay which failed. That time it recognized my e-mail that I tried when I first discovered RR and said I could set a new password but again it asked me the rudy gay question and so I tried typing: gay. That didn't work so I decided to try using my little used yahoo account(used only for fantasy hockey) and then finally tried typing:rudy gay and finally got this thing to work.
                    Terribly sorry you had issues, but thanks for bringing it up. I'll go update it now. Unfortunately for security reasons I have to put a registration question in place to prevent us from getting bombarded with spam bots.

Anyhow, glad you finally made it onboard. Welcome dude.

Comment

Kinda ironic that some can't get along with the team playing as well as I can remember. We gotta cool our jets (I cooled mine with a good ol fashion "Pre-OVO" Degrassi Drake avatar). Lots of passionate people around here. Gonna miss Matt. Hopefully he makes his way back someday.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        I'm curious as to whether you are a considered a "guest" if you are not "logged in"?..because I sometimes just browse and only log in if I'm going to make a post.
                        Yes, unless your logged in you would just show up as a "guest".

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes all! Yeah, I understand the need for them security questions I just wish I wasn't so slow in figuring them out

Garbs is an abreevs of my last name Garber but I didn't mind Garbo when he was here either.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes all! Yeah, I understand the need for them security questions I just wish I wasn't so slow in figuring them out

Garbs is an abreevs of my last name Garber but I didn't mind Garbo when he was here either.
                            I just edited it and made it very clear. The answer in lowercase and to make sure to put a space between the first and last names.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention. Can you tell I've neglected some of my duties here? Sorry fellas.

Comment

I'm a reader at heart, especially when it's about the Raptors! My girlfriend thinks it's not really considered "reading". blah! When I first joined this site, I actually thought this was the Official Raptors website. Haha... But you know what, I think it Unofficially is already. I wish I was in T.O. (where I plan on moving next) but Calgary is still a cool place to live, better than Winter-holy-hell-it's-minus-50-over-here-peg, where I was born and raised! Hahaha... hey wpg will always be my home.

Anyway, I've come to enjoy the material that's been on this site. The special guests from other team forums as well as RR own writers. I don't always post anything, usually when I'm super excited about something but I do want to thank the people who run this site. It takes a lot of work, a lot of time and a lot of dedication to do what ya'll do here. Sometimes you don't get the appreciation and/or credit you guys deserve. That's why I'm saying "thanks for all the hard work putting this site up". I look forward to many more articles, especially since we have a team we can finally cheer for when they (hopefully) make the playoffs!

GO RAPS GO!!!

(How do you change my signature anyway? I feel, sheepish with outdated material... :P )
                              #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                                You'll see the same shit here that you'll see on any forum or board anywhere on the internet.
                                I'm not going to make this about Matt52 (even though I was/am a big fan of his posts) because the mods have a super hard job that takes a lot of work, and if Matt52 got banned that's on him. His wife is probably thankful (I know my wife would be!)

However, I do disagree with the statement above. Here at RR you see way less shit/trolling (trade forum excepted!) than on other forums which is why I only post/visit this one. I really hope that continues. I actually like the fact that we at least try to be respectful to each other. In order to keep the tone civil I've decided to report posts that make personal attacks to other posters and I would encourage others who feel the same to do so as well. I don't want any posters to be banned, (but fully support the mods for doing so when necessary). I just want to keep it about basketball and not about our egos.

Just my two cents.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X