Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry AND DeMar DeRozan all stars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    He is currently playing at an all-star level, if you don't believe that than you are not even watching the games. It doesn't matter at the moment that guys are injured or that supposedly better PG's are playing on shittier teams. It's about the present, not the past of the future. I have this funny feeling that if Lowry were on any other Eastern team and playing the way he is you would be advocating for him to be an all-star. Seriously, what has Irving done this year to deserve an all-star nod besides get a lot of votes? Lead a team to a bunch of losses?
    I didn't need to read any more after "supposedly" better pgs. ROFL

Comment

So what if some good point guards are injured? It's not the first time someone has benefited from injury to make the allstar game, and won't be the last either. His good all round play has made him a candidate for THIS YEAR's All Star game, not next years, not five years ago, that is irrelevant. All people need to take into consideration is his play this year, and for that he definitely has a strong case in my opinion. Of course you won't agree, as 95% of your posts consist of you getting angry at people who think he's a very good player, but yeah.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
        So what if some good point guards are injured? It's not the first time someone has benefited from injury to make the allstar game, and won't be the last either. His good all round play has made him a candidate for THIS YEAR's All Star game, not next years, not five years ago, that is irrelevant. All people need to take into consideration is his play this year, and for that he definitely has a strong case in my opinion. Of course you won't agree, as 95% of your posts consist of you getting angry at people who think he's a very good player, but yeah.
        Yeah. The thread is about this year I take it. If half a dozen guys are injured, then they are not playing in the all-star game. So they aren't part of the conversation. Compare Lowry and DeRozan to others who are eligible for inclusion.

Comment

Lowry is currently 6th in win shares per 48. Link from the RR homepage under latest articles says 7th, but he is actually listed as 6th. He should be an all-star, dude is ballin'!!

Comment

MVP!MVP!MVP!

I'ma be chanting MVP all night long tomorrow afternoon
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              ...all night long tomorrow afternoon
              lol

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                lol
                haha didn't notice it, ahahahhahah

more like all game long
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

DD and Lowry are ALL STARS ... Time for MU to pay lowry like an ALL STAR this summer. 10-12 million for 4-5 years.

Comment

Why are the Raps pushing for DeRozan to make the AS team so much?

Instead of Kyle Lowry??

Just my observation. All the Toronto media and the fans they're all pushing for DD to make the team. DeRozan this, DeRozan that.

Eric Smith wrote an article on Sportsnet last week on why DD deserved to be in the AS game. I tweeted him about it and i said Lowry deserves it as well. And he replied, 'agreed, Lowry is very deserving'. But why not include him in your article? why only write about DeRozan?

Am i missing something here? because to me Lowry is the team's best player. Take him out of this team and this team would be in the lottery.

I just don't get all the DeRozan love. He's having his best season no doubt. But Lowry is the team's best player.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

probably because its easier? derozan has been pushed as the face of the franchise for a while now. more casual fans probably know derozan over lowry. go to any sports store and you'll probably see #10 derozan jerseys/shirts etc more prominently displayed than lowry gear.

Comment

They likely want both, lowry doesnt need as much support

Comment

or derozan has a better chance at his position than lowry does.

Comment

Zach Lowe thinks Lowry deserves to be a starter in the All-Star game

http://grantland.com/features/our-nba-all-star-team/

Comment

Here's what Lowe had to say:

Zach Lowe wrote:
                              EASTERN CONFERENCE

Starters
                              G Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
                              G John Wall, Washington Wizards
                              FC LeBron James, Miami Heat
                              FC Paul George, Indiana Pacers
                              FC Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers

Reserves
                              G Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
                              G Arron Afflalo, Orlando Magic
                              FC Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
                              FC Chris Bosh, Miami Heat
                              FC Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
                              WC Paul Millsap, Atlanta Hawks
                              WC Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies/Goran Dragic, Phoenix Suns2 (but really Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers)
                              Zach Lowe wrote:
                              • Toronto fans are clamoring for DeMar DeRozan to make the team, and while he does have a case, Lowry has been the team’s best player — and probably the best all-around point guard in the Eastern Conference this season. He’s taken flight offensively since the Rudy Gay deal, and he’s found a way to reconcile his havoc-creating gambles on defense with Dwane Casey’s larger scheme. Wall is right there with him, a deserving All-Star who props up a Wizards offense that basically dies when he sits.

Comment

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but, as nice as it would be to see kloe as an all star, wouldn't that do us harm in the long run...from a monetary perspective that is. An all star nod can be fleeting (Jamal magloire...all star), but if you have to negotiate a contract right after an all star season.....just sayin'. Kind of cynical but years of being a raptor fan will do that to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X