Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry AND DeMar DeRozan all stars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lowry is more deserving. But DeRozan is a pretty popular player. Opposing teams coaches speaks very highly of him whenever they get asked about the Raptors. So i'd put my money on DD. But i wouldn't be surprised if both gets in.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      I think Lowry is more deserving. But DeRozan is a pretty popular player. Opposing teams coaches speaks very highly of him whenever they get asked about the Raptors. So i'd put my money on DD. But i wouldn't be surprised if both gets in.
      It would be a pretty incredible story to see 4 Raptors make the all-star festivities this season; Lowry & DeRozan in the all-star game and Valanciunas & Ross in the R/S game!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        It would be a pretty incredible story to see 4 Raptors make the all-star festivities this season; Lowry & DeRozan in the all-star game and Valanciunas & Ross in the R/S game!
        It would trump Bosh, Jorge and Andrea.

I don't think it trumps Wince and Davis though...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting bit re campaigning, and also this point was interesting:

DeRozan should have a favourable shot at earning recognition from the league's coaches. DeRozan is highly thought of as a hard working, evolving player and has been universally praised by opposing coaches this season, whereas Lowry has developed a reputation for being somewhat combative.
          I tend to look at the player list and think 'these guys played best basketball so far, they are all stars." Lowry to me is the Raptors all star. In reality though, there's human element in voting. Would Kevin McHale vote for Lowry? Or some coach who decides "Ok, the Raptors are a .500 team, they don't deserve more than one all star", will he be tempted to give his vote to the "hard working Raptor that I'd love to coach"?

Comment

Team record, and team depth should be considered for close calls. It shouldn't be a main driver though and I don't think it is with coaches. The best players this season deserve into the game in my opinion...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              Look at it this way, just based on the current All-Star balloting for the east.

Frontcourt:

1. LeBron James (Mia) 1,076,063
              2. Paul George (Ind) 899,671
              3. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 702,869
              4. Roy Hibbert (Ind) 385,964
              5. Chris Bosh (Mia) 304,986
              6. Kevin Garnett (BKN) 164,021
              7. Joakim Noah (Chi) 128,201
              8. Andre Drummond (Det) 120,844
              9. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 101,637
              10. Jeff Green (Bos) 96,336
              11. Luol Deng (Cle) 90,730
              12. Carlos Boozer (Chi) 80,271
              13. Paul Pierce (BKN) 72,581
              14. David West (Ind) 61,612
              15. Brook Lopez (BKN) 58,477

Backcourt:

1. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 718,109
              2. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 652,522
              3. Derrick Rose (Chi) 323,099
              4. John Wall (Was) 278,516
              5. Ray Allen (Mia) 190,086
              6. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 133,448
              7. Deron Williams (BKN) 95,309
              8. George Hill (Ind) 89,428
              9. Lance Stephenson (Ind) 77,364
              10. DeMar DeRozan (Tor) 68,985

There is nobody on the frontcourt list beneath Joakim Noah who really deserves to be on the All-Star team and is healthy (and Kevin Garnett doesn't deserve to be on it either). MAYBE you can make a case for David West or Andre Drummond. On the backcourt list, D-Wade and Kyrie get the starts, that's easy, and then? Rose, Rondo and Williams are all injured and didn't deserve to be there anyway. Ray Allen is a roleplayer, not a starter; he won't get a nod.

My point is: I can easily see an All-Star team as follows:

STARTERS
              D-Wade
              Kyrie
              LeBron
              PG
              Melo

BENCH
              Wall
              Lowry
              Stephenson
              DeMar
              Hibbert
              Bosh
              Noah
              Millsap isn't on the list, but I'd be disappointed if he doesn't make it. It would be a snub. Also, Deng and you mentioned Drummond, both have a case. When it comes to guards, Afflalo.

I don't expect two Raptors. I just hope they don't split "the Raptors vote", in which case both could miss it (i.e. coaches deciding to vote for just one Raptor and then both of them get 15ish votes).
              Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Jan 10, 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Kyle Lowry Top 10 in MVP race

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He's on the front page right now
                  headline: Northern Star
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

dont get me wrong, I want as many Raptors in the ASG as possible but I just hope that a Lowry nominaton on a contract year doesn't artificially inflate preceived value on his next contract

Comment

Lowry SHOULD be a lock for the reserves.

I don't know how the league would feel about two Raptors on the All-Star team though.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Joe Johnson is playing for the Nets though. Im pretty sure their record disqualifies him.

I definitely think both Lowry and Derozan can make the All-star game this year. I just wish Derozan would increase his FG%, and he would look a lot more attractive.
                        And the Nets believe it or not are actually in a playoff spot right now. And i think they'll be in the playoffs after it's all said and done.

Nets are one of the hottest team in the league right now. And Joe's play is one of the main reason why the Nets are playing this well.

Joe Johnson IMO is a lock to be in the AS game. Don't know why Wolstat left him on his list.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          And the Nets believe it or not are actually in a playoff spot right now. And i think they'll be in the playoffs after it's all said and done.

Nets are one of the hottest team in the league right now. And Joe's play is one of the main reason why the Nets are playing this well.

Joe Johnson IMO is a lock to be in the AS game. Don't know why Wolstat left him on his list.
                          I don't know about that. Lots of time left though....But overall he's averaging mediocre numbers on a mediocre team. If he gets in it's more on rep than because he's really deserving. They have been playing well for a 5 game win-streak....they were also 10-21 before that streak, so they were actually very bad. The team would have to really keep playing well for him to truly deserve it.

Comment

What about T-ROSS AND JV making it to the Rising Stars Challenge?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              What about T-ROSS AND JV making it to the Rising Stars Challenge?!
                              F that, they makin the All nba first team

Comment

T.Ross retweeted some guy who said he wanted him to be in 3pt contest and used #LetRossShoot. Should we make it a thing?
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X