Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry AND DeMar DeRozan all stars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry AND DeMar DeRozan all stars??

Interesting article today by Wolstat where he has both DD and Lowry making the all star team.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/bask...ll-star-picks/

I think Lowry is definitely an all-star. And i think DeRozan is right there as well. He's a huge part of this team. He's their go to guy whenever they need 2pts. He's the closer. But i just have a hard time believing that 2 Raps makes the all-star team.

Frank Vogel though made a great point the other day: "I think when you only have four teams plus .500 in the East, then those four teams should be heavy with all-star consideration,” Vogel said pre-game Tuesday.

“I think those two guys(DeRozan and Lowry) are definitely deserving, they’re not guys that are just there because their team is doing well, I think they’re deserving (based on how well they’ve played)
    .”

What do you think??

Btw, one player that is missing on Wolstat's list is Joe Johnson. He's on fire right now. Playing like an all-star for the Nets.
    Mamba Mentality

Joe Johnson is playing for the Nets though. Im pretty sure their record disqualifies him.

I definitely think both Lowry and Derozan can make the All-star game this year. I just wish Derozan would increase his FG%, and he would look a lot more attractive.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

They way both Lowry and DeRozan have been playing so far this year, I'd say they both deserve it.

Hanging with the league's elite will only help their confidence (especially for DeRozan, who seems to be somewhat impressionable still).

Comment

Either one is deserving I think, but they need votes. I don't know where those are going to come from.
        Also, the article says that Dwane Casey should be a coach for the ASG. But... they don't play defense in the ASG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OG is our king

Comment

There going to make it based on the teams record, So if it was down to like Kemba walker, Joe Johnson etc they would pick derozan and Lowry over them both based of how the team is doing
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Look at it this way, just based on the current All-Star balloting for the east.

Frontcourt:

1. LeBron James (Mia) 1,076,063
            2. Paul George (Ind) 899,671
            3. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 702,869
            4. Roy Hibbert (Ind) 385,964
            5. Chris Bosh (Mia) 304,986
            6. Kevin Garnett (BKN) 164,021
            7. Joakim Noah (Chi) 128,201
            8. Andre Drummond (Det) 120,844
            9. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 101,637
            10. Jeff Green (Bos) 96,336
            11. Luol Deng (Cle) 90,730
            12. Carlos Boozer (Chi) 80,271
            13. Paul Pierce (BKN) 72,581
            14. David West (Ind) 61,612
            15. Brook Lopez (BKN) 58,477

Backcourt:

1. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 718,109
            2. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 652,522
            3. Derrick Rose (Chi) 323,099
            4. John Wall (Was) 278,516
            5. Ray Allen (Mia) 190,086
            6. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 133,448
            7. Deron Williams (BKN) 95,309
            8. George Hill (Ind) 89,428
            9. Lance Stephenson (Ind) 77,364
            10. DeMar DeRozan (Tor) 68,985

There is nobody on the frontcourt list beneath Joakim Noah who really deserves to be on the All-Star team and is healthy (and Kevin Garnett doesn't deserve to be on it either). MAYBE you can make a case for David West or Andre Drummond. On the backcourt list, D-Wade and Kyrie get the starts, that's easy, and then? Rose, Rondo and Williams are all injured and didn't deserve to be there anyway. Ray Allen is a roleplayer, not a starter; he won't get a nod.

My point is: I can easily see an All-Star team as follows:

STARTERS
            D-Wade
            Kyrie
            LeBron
            PG
            Melo

BENCH
            Wall
            Lowry
            Stephenson
            DeMar
            Hibbert
            Bosh
            Noah

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Either one is deserving I think, but they need votes. I don't know where those are going to come from.
              Also, the article says that Dwane Casey should be a coach for the ASG. But... they don't play defense in the ASG

What votes??

All Star reserves are chosen by the head coaches from each teams conference.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I've always hated the way team records impact all-star voting (or even MVP voting, but that's an entirely different thread). Yes, some players will put up inflated numbers when playing for a bad team, but some bad teams still have players that are legitimately all-star caliber players.

I think both Lowry and DeRozan will get serious consideration, with Lowry likely being slightly more likely to represent Toronto.

I also hope to see both Valanciunas & Ross suiting up for the Sophomores this season.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  What votes??

Well, between the Gay trade and the All-star break, they'll play every team in the eastern conference except Cleveland, so they'll definitely have a chance to make their argument.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    What votes??

Didn't know that. Sorry

OG is our king

Comment

I guess it also helps DD and Lowry's chances of making the team because Vogel will coach the team this year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Joe Johnson is playing for the Nets though. Im pretty sure their record disqualifies him.

I definitely think both Lowry and Derozan can make the All-star game this year. I just wish Derozan would increase his FG%, and he would look a lot more attractive.
                        Yeah Johnson's been hitting some clutch shots but 15-3-2 on a losing team ain't THAT impressive. Not all star material IMO.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I've always hated the way team records impact all-star voting (or even MVP voting, but that's an entirely different thread). Yes, some players will put up inflated numbers when playing for a bad team, but some bad teams still have players that are legitimately all-star caliber players.
                          If they're legitimately All-Stars they'll eventually make their team good enough and get in to the All-Star game.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I think both Lowry and DeRozan will get serious consideration, with Lowry likely being slightly more likely to represent Toronto.

I also hope to see both Valanciunas & Ross suiting up for the Sophomores this season.
                            Remember Monta Ellis scoring 25pts a game for the warriors when he was with them, he led all guards in scoring but never made any all star teams because GSW would win like 20 games a year
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

DeRozan & Lowry: Casey pushing hard for all-star selctions (TSN)

Good article and insight into the behind-the-scenes campaigning that goes on!

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=440870

I think they're definitely both worthy of strong consideration, with Lowry probably slightly ahead of DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
                              X