Looks like Lowry is a priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'd only give Lowry a 5th year if its a team option or with a very small guarantee. He's injury prone and it's only going to get tougher the older he gets. Patterson should get no more than 4 years either, I agree.
    Well I don't think he talks a locked-in 5-year deal. Even players tend to prefer some kind of out after 3 or 4 years at most. And at Lowry's age, he'll probably want to be a free agent again at 30 or 31, so he can hopefully sign another long-term deal.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      They still have to pay Nash $9.7M next year so I'm not sure they'll be hot in the market for a PG. Nash said he has no intention of retiring before his contract is up so that's not an option for LA. Could they afford to have $20M tied up in the PG position when they're already paying Kobe $23.5M?
      Nash will retire probably. How long can he keep being chronically injured at his age and expect to come back?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Nash will retire probably. How long can he keep being chronically injured at his age and expect to come back?
        He's not going to retire before his contract is done (and he has 9.7M reasons not to). So he'll be back for one more year after this season.

"No, not at all," Nash said Friday of rumors he is considering calling it a career long before his contract expires at the end of next season. "I don't know where that came from.

"For me, I realize I have about 18 months left of basketball and I want the most out of this that I can possibly get and I don't know if that's going to be one game or the vast majority of what's left, but I have a long life without basketball, so I don't want to give in too soon. I want to try to make the most of this opportunity to play if I can."

Comment

Working...
        X