X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/Phoenix

To Phoenix: Greivis Vasquez
    To Toronto: a pick of some kind

Why Phoenix does it: assuming they don't want to tank with Bledsoe down (and they probably don't) they need a second point guard for the rest of the season. Vasquez still has upside, is an RFA this year (which gives Phoenix flexibility going forward whether they want to keep him or let him go) and they have a wealth of picks to give away - this would probably be either Indiana's first-rounder this year or the 2015 Lakers pick.

Why Toronto does it: if they decide Vasquez isn't working out... hey, a pick.

Well, they have Dragic and cap space. If they want to add some help, it would make more sense to get a decent wing using that cap space. Maybe Mike Dunleavy from Chicago, or Gary Neal or Delfino from Milwaukee. Or do something like cap space + Okafor for Richard Jefferson+Biedrins with Utah (save Utah cash, adds Phoenix a decent wing on an expiring).

No point to use a pick for someone like Vasquez. He's not a very good player or a great fit, and picks/assets should be saved for making a much bigger trade. Even if it's a low 1st like Indiana's.

Btw, the Lakers pick will likely be lottery.

Comment

Hey, if they want to do it, I'm down!
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bledsoe played the 2 in the starting lineup. They would be looking for a decent 2 with an expiring contract before they give up a pick for a backup PG

Comment

Working...
        X